NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughters: AF and BS -- were in the courtroom for bond hearing; AF testified.

Son: DP -- claims to have been estranged from EB for years.

From the video footage i saw in regards to AF, I believed her words as she spoke them.

M. Killian does do criminal law.

http://www.killianlawnc.com/Firm Info/Lawyers/1405083.aspx

Also in this article it confirms that Dubs is a provisional counsel that was taken on to represent EB if murder charges are filed against her in the future. Was she assigned when EB was declared indigent?

(In a previous article it implied that Dubs was representing her on the obstruction charges, she's not that's S. Reilly).

AB was bonded out by a bondswoman with Plan B Bail Bonds.

No provisional attorney appointed by North Carolina Indigent Defense Services for Adam Baker as of yet.

Question? He hasn't had a hearing yet has he? I'm trying to figure out if Killian was assigned because of indigency or was retained/working pro bono (the last two options would be the same category in my head right this minute).

This is important. Is the link Violet posted on the media thread? It needs to be, we are going to need this info.

IMHO. :)

Law is not my strong suit (by any stretch of the imagination), so bear with me if this is a stupid question, but Killian being appointed would indicate to you that AB wasn't overly concerned and took whatever attorney he was given? Or am I way off base here?

Purely from your list of possibilities at this time, I would probably lean towards Door # 4 or is it d)

and or

d) if it's ok to add to the possibilities...
(i) Failed, Bungled Kidnapping Extortion attempt to win a million probably at the spur of the moment.

As to a possibility of AB to be included...I strongly doubt it.

In reference to Failed, Faked, in a hurry Ransom Note.

If I would be able to translate that into a language I could understand....let me see :waitasec:
In my own opinion or point of view with possibilities the Ransom might be translated like this.
We got your kid Adam, go run to your American Dad, Boss Man and see if he can help you with that problem. No cops bud or your next. Ask your Boss for some money....and you can see your daughter.

Now translated like that, I would not even want to consider how emotionally shut down or publicly shy I would be.

That's based on the ransom note, not if or how he landed on the moon or made it to the USA in a minivan and fake passport. Also it leaves a grim picture for Z and possibly a big point to the door for AB.

e. one or more involved parties sold Z for drugs or drug money, then had to make up a story to cover up where she'd gone? No evidence for this either, but it did make me wonder.

I think there are many layers to this crime.
The obvious first layer is Zahra is missing (presumed dead since LE are calling it a homicide investigation).
The second layer-an obvious cover up was planned and attempted by EB (we know this since she confessed to the ransom note) and AB is possibly complicit in this charade! (He is IMO)
Another layer-the drugs! Who used, who used what, who was the supplier and who were the users!
Another layer-Who knew about Zahra's abuse-Who really did something and what did they do.
Another layer apparently involves a relationship EB was having online and obtaining money from. (according to her daughter at the bond hearing and I'm sure LE has verified or they would not have asked AF about it) How this ties in or if it ties in or if AB knew - not sure at this time.
*Not going any further on this relationship or sleuthing it till Tricia says it's OK to!!
Another layer-the possibility of illegally coming and staying in the US.
Another layer-the bio-mother and how her discovery of Zahra fits into this! And that may have its own layers!!
I'm sure there is more that LE knows and we are only scratching the surface of the first layer and the most important one!! Where is Zahra????:banghead:

Just because they asked AB in court, doesn't mean they knew it to be the truth. She was asked why EB was a threat, and AB elaborated on EB's past actions and the possibility of her wanting to get out of state. AB's report on the other guy giving EB money, made it more of a concern that EB's bail was too low. So, DA keeps her in jail, instead of letting her roam. I don't know how it works legally, but I don't think LE had the burden of proof to worry about during AB court statements. The DA just asked about her opinion of her Mom as a risk. JMHO, but I would love to hear if anyone can confirm if the DA would have to be able to verify the money thing. I am sure they knew the answers before they asked, but verifying her answers, not so sure.

As in her 1st true love? Someone she spent the bulk of her adult life with, say an ex? Am I being elusive enough not to get into trouble. Hmm, how about one of her many listed names shares this person in common?

No...I can't believe that IF more people were involved, the FBI would not have 'broken' one of them already...and we would know where baby Zahra is.

This is down to EB and AB. IMO

Okay so why was EB given a "provisional defense attn in case murder charges are brought forth in the future"? (paraphrased)

Why assign an attn prior to a charge being leveled against a defendent? She already has 2 public defenders. They are covering every single charge against her so far. Dubs isn't working the obstruction charge is she?

http://www.ncids.org/

PDF from direct link above:
http://www.ncids.org/Rules & Procedures/IDS Rules/IDS Rules Part 2.pdf

Page 2:

snip:

Provisional Appointment of Local Counsel
Upon learning that a defendant has been charged with a capital offense, the IDS Director may immediately appoint a lawyer on a provisional basis to conduct a preliminary investigation to determine whether the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel. Provisional counsel shall report the results of his or her investigation to the IDS Director. If the defendant has not had a first appearance in court, the IDS Director may authorize provisional counsel to attend the defendant’s first appearance and advise the court whether the case is a capital case as defined by these rules and therefore subject to the appointment procedures in this subpart. Provisional counsel is authorized to take steps to protect the capital defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel by the IDS Director.
(

Dubs had to cancel (it was reported) two court appearances in a row last week in order to attend to EB's case. The appearances she canceled on were also a case involving a capital murder charge.

IMHO we need to watch media reports for Dubs activity.

That will tell us if there is a charge coming soon or if there is going to be a capital case.

JMHO.

In fact, in his 'detached' state...I could imagine him disposing of baby Zahra and when an emotional EB asked him 'where'???? I could imagine him responding "Don't ask. We have a lot to do."

JMO!

As far as her behavior in the past from her family, I have heard some stories second hand. Like, AB thought EB was pregnant with twins when she was arrested, when in fact, EB had a hysterectomy years before she had met AB.
To say she was a master of manipulation, is putting it mildly.

Personally,

When I separated from the mother of my children, she had my kids calling the next seven partners dad, and the kids had hundreds of grandparents, aunt's, uncle's, cousin's etc.

IMO It destroys the proper image of a family unit by an imposter pretending to be family.

No disrespect intended to those who have successful second marriages or other families not affected by current events.

Suppose EB killed Z, while AB is at work...EB calls her one true love for help, he comes and tells her take this that and this, get rid of it, then he takes the body. EB wouldn't know where the body is, but rather instead the other evidence he told her to get rid of.

Suppose EB killed Z, while AB is at work...EB calls her one true love for help, he comes and tells her take this that and this, get rid of it, then he takes the body. EB wouldn't know where the body is, but rather instead the other evidence he told her to get rid of.

Interesting...
How would the two cars come into play then? (not trying to shut the idea down at all, just working with the other things to see if works).

Law is not my strong suit (by any stretch of the imagination), so bear with me if this is a stupid question, but Killian being appointed would indicate to you that AB wasn't overly concerned and took whatever attorney he was given? Or am I way off base here?

It's not a stupid question whatsoever :) so don't ever hold back on asking a question on open thread because someone will come along and answer it surely that has good knowledge in that area. KWIM? Works for me :)

I don't know if Killian was appointed, retained or is working pro bono.

I haven't seen it reported that AB has had an indigency hearing. I haven't seen it reported that Killian was assigned. I have no clue how Killian came to represent AB.

I'm very very curious to know though. It's too early in the game to speculate about AB's attn. but the fact that Dubs was appointed is very interesting in that she may have been there to determine if this is going to be a capital case.

I don't come away with any opinion whatsoever except that I am very very curious about Dubs now, and I hope the media keeps up on reports on her.

IMHO if media reports that she is on this case longer and longer the more indication we have that there is going to be a charge and it might be a capital case. KWIM? More so than anticipating the grand jury. JMHO.

It's not a stupid question whatsoever :) so don't ever hold back on asking a question on open thread because someone will come along and answer it surely that has good knowledge in that area. KWIM? Works for me :)

I haven't seen it reported that AB has had an indigency hearing. I haven't seen it reported that Killian was assigned. I have no clue how Killian came to represent AB.

I'm very very curious to know though. It's too early in the game to speculate about AB's attn. but the fact that Dubs was appointed is very interesting in that she may have been there to determine if this is going to be a capital case.

I don't come away with any opinion whatsoever except that I am very very curious about Dubs now, and I hope the media keeps up on reports on her.

IMHO if media reports that she is on this case longer and longer the more indication we have that there is going to be a charge and it might be a capital case. KWIM? More so than anticipating the grand jury. JMHO.

Killian specializes in traffic offenses. http://www.killianlawnc.com/

One would think he might have BIGGER worries on his mind??

Yep Kat........

Oh yeahhhhh sarx.

I'm pretty sure tonight. That article was dynamite. (thanks violet)

If Dubs is on this next week? Hooboy it's going to get very interesting very soon---that makes Momma Kat very happy! :)

Have to sign off now but woot I'm pumped now :D

JMHO

Ah...very clear. Thank you. What does Killian specialize in, do you know?

Interesting...
How would the two cars come into play then? (not trying to shut the idea down at all, just working with the other things to see if works).

not thinking straight, grabs a few items, leaves, ditches the leg...comes home cleans....AB walks in...goes to sleep, she says I need to barrow the Tahoe to take Zahras old mattress to the dump. Explains to him not to go in her room she is brooding...he goes to sleep, she gets mattress and goes dumps that. Then she comes home, notices her clothes are soiled, her mind is racing, this is when she thought of the ransom note... finish that, runs outside to burn her clothes. AB misspeaks because he wants to protect her...cause AB is one big dummy...he is one of those that doesn't wear the pants if you know what I mean. HE does what is told to him.

Killian specializes in traffic offenses. http://www.killianlawnc.com/

One would think he might have BIGGER worries on his mind??

Traffic offenses, eh? So then either AB isn't overly concerned about being charged with anything connected to Zahra, or he's holding the big gun lawyers in his back pocket until he knows he'll need them. Which, I suppose he WOULD do anyway, right? You wouldn't hire the big guns while you were still being investigated by LE, I wouldn't think.

Purely from your list of possibilities at this time, I would probably lean towards Door # 4 or is it d)

and or

d) if it's ok to add to the possibilities...
(i) Failed, Bungled Kidnapping Extortion attempt to win a million probably at the spur of the moment.

As to a possibility of AB to be included...I strongly doubt it.

In reference to Failed, Faked, in a hurry Ransom Note.

If I would be able to translate that into a language I could understand....let me see :waitasec:
In my own opinion or point of view with possibilities the Ransom might be translated like this.
We got your kid Adam, go run to your American Dad, Boss Man and see if he can help you with that problem. No cops bud or your next. Ask your Boss for some money....and you can see your daughter.

Now translated like that, I would not even want to consider how emotionally shut down or publicly shy I would be.

That's based on the ransom note, not if or how he landed on the moon or made it to the USA in a minivan and fake passport. Also it leaves a grim picture for Z and possibly a big point to the door for AB.

I don't want you to think that I'm picking on you, but do you think it's possible that you might be invested in seeing AB as an innocent party, and are looking for likely scenarios where he would be, instead of looking at what is most likely to be the case, based on his actions, and the facts as we know them? It's much more likely that Adam who may have never done anything to Zahra without the influence of this woman has done some very despicable acts in collusion with her unfortunately....sad and tragic that that reality may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike