NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: yeah, that could be the delay.

confirmation!! Leg found WAS Zahra's

Interesting that they are bringing this out in this hearing??

I know that we knew it all along, and all that...but confirmation just brings it home. :(

sorry i've been away. last big push to finish packing before we move to a new house late this week. Ugh. Praying for justice!

I don't want to get in any kind of homeschool debate, but there has to be a reason for anyone to be checked on. There are plenty of kids left totally alone to get themselves on the bus to go to public school. I don't believe there is any evidence that homeschoolers need to be watched more than any other parents.

Well dont you think paperwork need be done? Assignments handed in to the school board, updates on child progress etc i dont feel a parent can just take a child out of school and not be held accountable to someone like the school board or dept of education for said childs progress... well i think homeschoolers are out of the public eye no one to see the bruises or the black eyes im not saying it happens alot but i think its worth looking into.
JMO

Rad tweeted the hearing hasn't started yet... I am thinking (moo) this is coming from LE... but that is just what I am thinking at this point

Wouldn't they do that at a press conference or something like that? Maybe the hearing has started and that was his first tweet from there....I dunno.

I don't wan't to sound sick here.... but given the length of time spent in Zahra's room and the different glowing lights... I pray that they find a bloody fingerprint on her prosthetic leg....

I am so glad that EB is in court in front of multiple people to hear this news coming in! wonder what her reaction is?

I don't wan't to sound sick here.... but given the length of time spent in Zahra's room and the different glowing lights... I pray that they find a bloody fingerprint on her prosthetic leg....

This is why I love this place! It's totally normal and accepted to think the unthinkable, and even agree with it!

And that would be pretty great if they did. Just make it so much easier to bring justice.

Hickory police have confirmed the prosthetic leg found last week in Caldwell County did belong to 10-year-old Zahra Baker.
Medical records from Australia, where the leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg.
Search crews found the leg in a wooded area off of Christie Road last Tuesday. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, used to live near that search site.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Prosthetic...unty-confirmed-as-Zahra-Bakers-106465438.html

Agreed. Earlier this thread we were wondering if there were mulch caught in some of the hinges of the leg, or if some pieces of the outer shell were found in the search of the backyard that could be matched to it... if the unidentified object that one investigator picked up out of a hole was a part of the wrapping that might have been on Zahra's stump.

Even though we knew this was coming, the announcement feels like we are so much closer to hearing Zahra's real story...

(I am so sad right now.)

Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is in fact the left prosthesis of Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted matched the serial number on the leg. A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Well dont you think paperwork need be done? Assignments handed in to the school board, updates on child progress etc i dont feel a parent can just take a child out of school and not be held accountable to someone like the school board or dept of education for said childs progress... well i think homeschoolers are out of the public eye no one to see the bruises or the black eyes im not saying it happens alot but i think its worth looking into.
JMO

I think homeschooling was just an excuse and if EB in deed did tell the school she was homeschooling then they would have alerted to someone to check on it. All the homeschoolers I know are very much visible in a lot of public ways. Zahra was not seen in the neighborhood recently. But throwing homeschoolers in a group statement is isn't any different than throwing stepparents into a group and say all stepparents need to be closely supervised because steppaprents do bad things to their kids. There were plenty of flags in this case because of what was seen and Zahra is still gone. All just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member