NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Not directed at you ynotdivein just anyone that wants to answer.... But doesnt the reciprocating saw cut just about anything? So what could they have found that wouldnt require the reciprocating saw but a chainsaw to cut?? :waitasec:

I don't think they were chainsaws. I think they were sawzall's. JMO

when I think of chain saws I think of rafters, beams large wood.

Chainsaw would still be overkill.

And cutting into cement it would be to little right?

Can you use a chainsaw with diamond tip chain to cut into brick? I wouldnt think so.

I dont like what is coming together in my mind...not that I ever really did...but IMO, I can envision EB flying into a fit of rage (which has been said of her), and hitting Z with the leg...leaving blood on the walls, which they promptly repainted or replaced dry wall (as well as replacing mattress she was lying on). Z was in bed, so wasnt wearing leg. They panicked, got rid of Z, (perhaps inside the house or yard), forgot about leg, returned, grabbed leg, drove out and disposed of it (wanting murder weapon far away), burned yard to cover up some evidence also, oh yeah, and lets not forget the brilliance of writing that ransome note. Oh, poor Zahra.....

IMO, the walls they removed were walls that had evidence on them. ie; blood splatter. I don't think they were fake walls. They take portions of alot of walls as crime scene evidence, there is really nothing unusual about it. :twocents:
Exactly what I'm thinking as well. To me, and IMO removing drywall is because it showed blood spatter and that point right there tells me we are not dealing with Zahra dying of an illness or even an accident. She was beat to death! JMHO

I'll ask DH in a little bit about the chainsaws inside.

The crime scene looks as if they are finished. Only a few LE hanging around talking. The crime scene tape is down. I pray they found what they were looking for.

I wonder if they found the car cover in the wall.

BBM:

Not directed at you ynotdivein just anyone that wants to answer.... But doesnt the reciprocating saw cut just about anything? So what could they have found that wouldnt require the reciprocating saw but a chainsaw to cut?? :waitasec:

Oh, yeah. A reciprocating saw will cut through anything in a wall: drywall, insulation, water pipes (don't ask me how I know), electrical wires (again, don't ask..), studs....

BBM:

Maybe a chainsaw on a floor joist. Investigators just may need a bigger opening for where they want to get some evidence. jmo

^ who pays for the damage to the house here? Does the state pick up the tab? And the neighbour an Aussie too?

There was a crime here recently where Le had to use tear gas . The way I understand it is the homeowners insurance pays what it will then the County will step in to help, after that if there is any left over amount it is up to the homeowner. JMO

I agree, but chainsaws seems to indicate more than just busting through some walls to me, though. Chainsaws = beams in my mind.

Yup beams are bigger so they are most likely cutting the floor right out of the house.

Man that landlord is most likely not a happy landlord.

For those people who are following this case, and are interested in some previously unreported things in the MSM, you should check it out here.

Jennifer Moxley, a reporter who covered Zahra getting her hearing aids in the spring, is going to break the story open.

She seems to have alot of integrity, and should shed some light on a few things.

She is definitely most interested in the victim's best interest.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000838103427&v=wall

Phooey, apparently you can't read it if you don't have facebook. Grrr.

Sorry behind here, I'm trying to catch up after dinner.

Maybe they broke the reciprocating saws?

I have no clue why the would use a chain saw in a house at all. Not even if they were gutting the whole thing.

Chainsaws are for trees.

or maybe going through the floor beams and wooden floors... to get to the crawl space... The axes confuse me though..:waitasec:

Chainsaw would still be overkill.

And cutting into cement it would be to little right?

Can you use a chainsaw with diamond tip chain to cut into brick? I wouldnt think so.

yes, it is not the saw but the type of blade that determines what substance it can cut, they do make specialized saw for concrete, floor tiles etc, but often it is just a matter of a good saw with the right blade.

I agree, but chainsaws seems to indicate more than just busting through some walls to me, though. Chainsaws = beams in my mind.

It might depend on the age of the house. If the house is very old, it could have been built with lumber that was cut much larger than it is cut today. Our first house had portions that were like that. When we did extensive remodeling (see my post about reciprocating saws) we could tell that very old lumber that seemed to have been taken from an even older structure was used to build our house.

I don't see EB doing the "work on the wall" alone!

I'm thinking they're taking out a wall not to see what's behind it or because it has been fitted by either one of them, but in order to take it to a lab for testing or analysing something they believe is on the surface of it.

Blood evidence perhaps.

Yup beams are bigger so they are most likely cutting the floor right out of the house.

Man that landlord is most likely not a happy landlord.

News report said LE also had planks of wood on a truck that they were going to use for something. If you cut out beams in a ceiling for access to attic or crawlspace up there (or whatever the technical term is), wouldn't you need planks to walk on?

At .46 seconds is that fireman not going in with a chainsaw (the redish colored thingie) or is that a sawzall??? I thought it looked like a chainsaw.... JMO

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

not sure of the type of saw that was but yes, FD uses those heavy duty saws on fire scenes to cut into the floors, ceilings etc, to make sure fire is out in walls and such before leaving the scene, prevents reflares.

My guess, the finer saws and proper equipment was being used last week by CSI techs. And now the bigger cutting and less "fine" work is happening, just wish I knew what this round of sawing was about as I think I already know what last weeks round was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther