NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM lied to AB about how she hurt her hand, saying she fell when she really was "spanking" Zahra- So she was hiding the abuse from him-or more specifically I'd say she was hiding the more extreme abuse.
If he was 100% complicit in the abuse there would be no need for SM to lie in the first place.
Not saying he wasn't aware "something" was going on just saying it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that he didn't know the extent of what was going on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helle_Crafts

Reminds me of the above case

Her murder is sometimes called the "Woodchipper Murder" because of the method in which Richard Crafts disposed of her body. Her death brought about the first murder conviction in the state of Connecticut in which a body was never found

ATTN: GROSE! WARNING!
LE did find 3 peices of Helle from the creek...........fingernail was the biggest IIRC. Her blood in freezer and on wood chipper. Witness put Richard and wood chipper together in middle of night.

Something has been bothering me about the "ransom note". Wouldn't LE ask EB and AB if there were any children living with them? The note was on their property. Seems to me that would be a routine question. I am not bashing LE at all... just wondering how it didn't come up there was a child living with them and maybe someone needed to go check on that child. Unless EB and AB had been living that lie for so long. UGGHH this case makes my head and heart hurt. Thats all..back to reading along

I don't know.
I think any normal (even below average parent) when being told by the police that there was a ransom note found on their vehicle would leave a cartoon dust cloud on their way to go see their child and verify their safety probably thought there were no children to be checked on. They went to check on the one in the note so they clearly were trying to cover the bases.

ATTN: GROSE! WARNING!
LE did find 3 peices of Helle from the creek...........fingernail was the biggest IIRC. Her blood in freezer and on wood chipper. Witness put Richard and wood chipper together in middle of night.

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT BELOW

From Helle Craft's Wiki entry (linked above)

They found many pieces of metal, less than 3 ounces (85 g) of human remains, including a tooth with unique dental work, a toe nail covered in pink nail polish, bone chips, and 2,660 bleached, blonde human hairs, fingernails and O type blood; the same type as Helle Crafts'. Analysis led them to conclude the remains went through a woodchipper.The forensic investigation was led by leading forensic scientist Dr. Henry Lee.

They're draining a pond now in the area where they've been searching, per WSOC. Fire Dept. is there to pump the water out.

WSOC TV just reported they are draining pond north of Morganton. Sorry if repeat post

Just the facts…
So, what do we absolutely 100% know to be true in Zahra’s case? Disregard what AB or EB “say” is true. What do we KNOW?
- Last known sighting of Zahra Aug 9 on cell phone picture by then-neighbor. Zahra’s face is swollen and she appears to have facial bruising, though quality of cell cam may contribute
- Sat 10/9 FD called by (unknown) to fire in backyard of Baker home at about 5:30 a.m.
- Responders found ransom note addressed to Coffey on one of the Bakers’ cars
- Responders checked on Coffey and family and all was well
- Responders smelled gas in at least one of the Baker cars
- Bakers did not give indication to responding FD or LE that anything was amiss re: Zahra
- At about 2 p.m. that afternoon LE is contacted to report Zahra missing

Help me out here, WSers....

(ETA--draining a pond... oh dear.)

Do you think Zahra is a change in spelling by the father when she came to the USA or a press error that is just being run with?

Ummm, I'm sure it's been "Zahra" all along and that "Zahar" was just one of the two typos in Cotannah's post (the other being "boi" for "bio"). I don't think I could type right either if I'd just learned a child I personally knew was missing and presumed to have been tortured/murdered.

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT BELOW

From Helle Craft's Wiki entry (linked above)

They found many pieces of metal, less than 3 ounces (85 g) of human remains, including a tooth with unique dental work, a toe nail covered in pink nail polish, bone chips, and 2,660 bleached, blonde human hairs, fingernails and O type blood; the same type as Helle Crafts'. Analysis led them to conclude the remains went through a woodchipper.The forensic investigation was led by leading forensic scientist Dr. Henry Lee.

Yep, That case popped into my head last night when watching Nancy Grace and I first heard about the woodchipper. My stomach turned, I got a huge lump in my throat and cried. That poor child.

This is the first time I heard this, if it's common knowledge on the thread, just nevermind me:

It is reported that video tape from surrounding businesses are being looked at. JFYI if you didn't know.

Thanks Kat, I didn't know it, trying to catch up.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope for Zahra, largely because of the babysitter in the Shannon Dedrick case. That babysitter had faced charges for homicide of a stepchild, whose body was never found, and been convicted of child abuse of another stepchild (and was still married to and living with the nio father of those children!). Shannon was missing for 3 days, as I recall, and all the evidence indicated she'd been taken by this child abuser-murderer/babysitter. The poor baby just *had* to be dead. And indeed she had been taken by that babysitter, but turned up unharmed in a box under the babysitter's bed! That case taught me that there's *always* hope, until a dead body is found.

Ironically, that babysitter monster's last name was Baker.

Just the facts…
So, what do we absolutely 100% know to be true in Zahra’s case? Disregard what AB or EB “say” is true. What do we KNOW?
- Last known sighting of Zahra Aug 9 on cell phone picture by then-neighbor. Zahra’s face is swollen and she appears to have facial bruising, though quality of cell cam may contribute
- Sat 10/9 FD called by (unknown) to fire in backyard of Baker home at about 5:30 a.m.
- Responders found ransom note addressed to Coffey on one of the Bakers’ cars
- Responders checked on Coffey and family and all was well
- Responders smelled gas in at least one of the Baker cars
- Bakers did not give indication to responding FD or LE that anything was amiss re: Zahra
- At about 2 p.m. that afternoon LE is contacted to report Zahra missing

Help me out here, WSers....

Moved to this location approximately 6 weeks ago.
Neighbors at old residence very familiar with Zahra.
Neighbors at new residence report not knowing she lived there, have never seen her, one neighbor reports they share a back yard fence and dad never mentioned a daughter.

Multiple reports of people saying they saw SM abusive towards Zahra.

CPS spoke to Zahra once, she refused to tell them anything.

SM and Biodad were involved in running a family member (Bentley) off the road, SM threatened her with a tazer gun, Bentley never saw Zahra again and was unaware they moved (this was approx 8 weeks ago?)

Started New thread closing this one in a few please continue
Here

DVRS are great....

"Close to where they were just searching in Burke County north of Morganton" Think it was near land that they were going through the wood piles.

oh no, now a pond????
Wonder what lead them to drain the pond???

He was home when the fire broke out. I posted a link a few posts back.

He left around 11 that morning to check on a job he said. He returned around 2 and that is when mom came out in a panic, screaming....he looked around for her and then called police. That is what he said on GMA.

BBM - I hope LE knows where he was during this time.... and when the wood chipper was last used in the immediate vicinity of his home.

Cell phone pings possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member