Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

I finally got to see this episode. My fiancée is from the asheville area and can remember when all this was going on. I think that the girls boy friend had something to do with his disapearance as well as the aunt. I can't believe they did not preasure misty and her bf more. Also the friend Jason seems kinda shady but him calling in for zebb does not seem that strange. I have had friends call in for me before when I was sick. I think the family should have hired a private investigator when things started going cold.

Like some of the other posters, the first I heard of this story was when I watched the case featured on ID. The first thought I had when I finished watching the episode, was how unfortunate it was that the people ZQ surrounded himself with turned out to be so unreliable after he went missing.

The woman that he cared about couldn't seem to backpedal fast enough when LE came calling. His co-worker/friend, who was presumably the last to see him abruptly refused to cooperate with the investigation. Even ZQ's own aunt seem to be acting in a manner designed to obfuscate the facts, although to what end I'm not sure.

Ultimately I couldn't escape the sensation that some of the people who were closest to ZQ (those mentioned above) regarded him as little more than an obstacle, standing between them and their own interests. This young man, and those who loved him, deserved much better. JMHO as always......

This was an absolutely bizarre episode. I can't believe I'd never heard of this case before, and I'm disappointed to see it's received so little attention at websleuths compared to even older missing person cases.

It's annoying when you pretty much know at least one of the people that were involved... in this case Misty's boyfriend. And Misty knew about what happened at the very least, whether or not she helped is tough to say. The wildcard is the friend Jason... was he somehow involved as well? Or is he just a sketchy dude that happens to have tied to the victim. I just hope they investigated Misty and her bf to the fullest... I'm surprised LE couldn't have found something on the two.

It is very doubtful this was very well investigated by LE. Asheville PD is far too involved in politics to bother with investigating crimes. Did they confirm with anyone that Jason and Zeb were suppose to be looking at a car that was for sale? An investigative journalism class at UNCA should make this a class project.

:bump:

Bumping for Zebb. :heartbeat:

Where are you, Zebb? :(

The program left too many questions open. The police did question all persons of interest but the inference was that they were not aggressive with it at all. As if it were a one time questioning. They should be more aggressive and continually question them all. When the car was found. They took a picture of the puppy to shelters, pet stores etc. but did they put the picture out there to the public asking if anyone knows of anyone that has a dog that recently had puppies that would look like that? Did they dust the car for prints? Did they vacuum the car for hair, etc? Did they attempt DNA extraction from the lipstick? I know one would say "Well those are basic investigative techniques and though the show didn't mention it, it is inconceivable that those things were not done." But this is Asheville PD. They are not the brightest crayons in the box and have a horrible track record. Granted, this was 12 years ago but while I remember the entire region being plastered with posters of Zeb, I don't recall ever seeing a picture of the puppy being passed around. And did they check Zeb's bank records to see if he possibly had any cash on him for the purchase of the car they were supposedly going to look at?

Apparently they did collect fingerprints, hair, and DNA from Zeb's car. According to the article below (I know it's old ... 2009) they collected DNA (later said from Misty) for comparisons; but, I haven't seen any results from that.

October 16, 2009

ASHEVILLE — Police recently retrieved hair, fingerprint and saliva samples from a friend of a man last seen at a South Asheville convenience store nearly a decade ago.
Police as of now do not consider the 28-year-old West Asheville woman a suspect or a person of interest in the disappearance and suspected homicide of Zebb Quinn, Asheville police spokeswoman Melissa Williams said in an e-mail Thursday. The Citizen-Times is not identifying the woman because she has not been charged or identified as a suspect in the case.
Police collected the woman's DNA for possible future comparison to other samples, Williams said. Detectives collected 50 head hairs, fingerprints and mouth swabs from the woman on Oct. 8, records show.
“As the Cold Case Unit reviewed this case file, they noted that we had not gotten a DNA profile from her. We had obtained DNA profiles from most of the rest of his social circle years ago,” Williams said. “There is no new evidence and no new leads. This was routine review of the case file and detectives looking for any unfinished work.”

http://unsolveditn.blogspot.com/2009/11/asheville-police-collect-dna-in-zebb.html

:bump:

Where is Zebb Quinn?

tBtvQ.jpg

Such a baffling case. I wish this could be solved for him and his loved ones.

Maybe the girl drew the lips on the car before Zeb actually disappeared? And maybe he had brought her a puppy as a gift?

Just watched this on Discovery ID. Hope there are answers one day.

It is baffling! I have no idea why. who etc. The whole thing with the car and the puppy, what is that about?

I saw this one the weekend too sweetcaro. It is strange. I thought that the show did a good job of covering the possible suspects. I am guessing that there is a big question mark about the aunt's role in his disappearance.

13 years now. The ID show has only just aired over here in Oz. There are definitely 4 people who know what happened. Misty Taylor, the Aunt, Jason and the boyfriend. I think he was lured to his death by Misty or the Aunt. Possibly initially just to teach him a lesson to keep away from Misty and things got out of hand. Broken ribs on Jason probably happened during the fight. Jason was part of the lure. On the Zebb Quinn facebook page a woman made some comments about the case and indicated a gun was used. She then quickly deleted the post suggesting that it was a mistake. If you look up her fb page she is from Nashville. I saw in an earlier post someone suggesting to look for his remains in Nashville. Just a thought?

Based on the information, I think the answer lies squarely with the estranged aunt. She happens to be with the person with the motive (Misty's BF) at the time Zebb goes missing, and the call Zebb receives that appears to have left him flustered comes from the home of the estranged aunt. What is the relationship between the aunt and Misty's BF? What motive would drive the aunt to be involved, which appears to be the case based on evidence available?

Is the only Zebb Quinn FB page the one where you have to be added as a friend?

I just watched the Disappeared episode on Comcast On Demand. Since the aunt has this relationship with M's family, I'm wondering if the aunt didn't page him and lure him somewhere for M and the BF under the premises that something was wrong with his dad. I know it said he had a rocky relationship with him, but I don't recall whether it said he was still alive.

I don't think the aunt had something to do with it, but I think Misty's boyfriend broke into her house to use her phone to page Zeb. Personally, I think this case is an outrage. Its obvious to me based on what is known that Misty, Jason and the boyfriend know what happened, at least Misty and the boyfriend. Why weren't these people given lie detector tests and pressured more by the local PD? Its one of those cases that makes me so angry, I almost want to go there myself to confront these people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back