ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mindys
Brandy, thank you.

She is still out there somewhere.

If his lawyer doesn't get some info to LE or the family, there is going to be an even bigger outcry. It just isn't the right stance he and this perp are taking. This lawyer just needs to do the right thing!

You're welcome.

I agree. She is definitely somewhere and he knows where. He's already caught, why doesn't he just tell them where she is. Unless of course, he has an accomplice that he's protecting.

I agree Starpatch...I'm still praying for a safe return.

I think if the police thought she was dead they would have classified this as a homicide already. So I'm praying that the blood evidence they found was small. Meaning it could have been a small cut as someone mentioned earlier. (my apologies to whomever said it I'm sorry I don't remember who it was)

I also believe since they are not going to cut a deal with the rat b@$tard that they feel they don't need him to find her. Which that could be taken either way. Either they feel she is already gone and they don't want this disgusting pig back out ever again so they aren't going to cut a deal and lose him to the system. Or (I am choosing to stay positive) they have clues as to where she may be and they are sticking with that instead of him. Either way he gets the full extent of the law upside his sick head.

I wish he'd just confess and tell them where she is too!! With all the mounting evidence how can he possibly think that he could get away with this?! And we don't even know a percent of what the LE does.

Praying for Dru~

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7423965.htm

Posted on Fri, Dec. 05, 2003

State's attorney to release Rodriguez documents
By Xiao Zhang
Herald Staff Writer

The Grand Forks County State's Attorney's Office told the court shortly after noon Friday it would release sealed documents in the case of the suspected kidnapping of UND student Dru Sjodin.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4248944.html

Knife sheath found in mall parking lot where Dru Sjodin abducted
Chuck Haga and Pat Doyle, Star Tribune

Published December 5, 2003 DRU05

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- As the man accused of kidnapping Dru Sjodin made his first court appearance on the charge Thursday, prosecutors kept an affidavit detailing their evidence sealed. But a law enforcement source close to the investigation confirmed that a knife sheath was found in the mall parking lot where Sjodin was abducted while talking on a cell phone.

"There was a sheath," the source said. "Whether it was connected to him will be determined later. It's been placed into evidence. Initially we thought it was more like a multitool," but upon examination it appeared to belong to a specific type of knife.

The source would not comment on whether investigators found a knife.

Have you guy's ever thought that this SOB....who spent all those years in prison just figured if he got caught he'd have nothing to lose. Let see....
he's 50....spent 27 years in prison (I think 27 years) so that mean's he was only 23 years old when they FINALLY put him IN prison? This guy is literally more comfortable in jail that Scott Peterson.

This creepy SOB get's out, live's with his mother, has a nice car (where do you suppose he got that) get's a job with a construction company (wonder if they knew about his record)? and then decides to kidnap Dru. He had a SICK, VILE MIND.....he should never have been let out of prison. I understand this might be changed very soon in Minn. Then there's the two charges where he was aquitted! Does it get worse???

I am praying so hard that they find her alive. This is the first place I look when I get on the computer. I was hoping so much today that maybe they had found her alive ......before I saw what they'd said at the press conference this afternoon.

I don't mean in anyway to condemn her boyfriend but I sure wish he'd have called police right away. I'm sure he feel's terrible about not doing so.

Grandson getting home from school in 10 minutes.....so I'll stop ranting!
xxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

I read that his 2002 car was purchased with cash provided by his sister.

I believe he was working for cash, and thats why his record wasn't checked and why it took so long for the information about his employment to come out and construction crews are known for working contract laborer's / cash

I wonder if they have searched the construction site dumpsters in the areas? These types of dumpsters only are dumped when they are full as they are quite costly to dump and they only charge per dump

Dru's Dad said on I believe LKL, that he didn't think the boyfriend was a BOYFRIEND, like serious dating thing. Perhaps it was a very new relationship. Young people would never think something like THIS could be the reason for a quick hang-up. He got the vibe, both he and the roommate. Chances are, even if he had called right after the first call, the result would be the same. Unless someone had seen a commotion in the parking lot and had the presence to intervene on the spot, nothing would be different right now.

So many broken hearts. This perp has left such a trail of destruction in many people's lives.

Also I guess since she got off work at 4:00pm it was assumed that she could've been anywhere. When in actuality she shopped for an hour at the mall. " We assume that the phone call happened at the parking lot" I still wonder about the entire conversation with the boyfriend.

Originally posted by Kira
I think if the police thought she was dead they would have classified this as a homicide already.
Unfortunately, I think they are not classifying this as a homicide yet to try to get the guy to talk. Once classified as a homicide, he has nothing to lose. At this point, he might let something slip that will take LE to where she is.

Unless she is inside somewhere, she'd have frozen to death by now. Even if she was in a protected place, unless there is someone giving her food and water, they'd better find her quick.

Originally posted by forbidn2u2
I didn't get to see the news conference. I am at work.:(

The posters on finddru.com are saying that it was very uplifting and they hold out hope that she is still alive.

Bring Dru home.

Forbidn2u2,
I was at work too. For those who saw it, did her father speak? Did he call her "Doodles" during the press conference? Anything else anyone can share for those of us who missed it?
Much appreciated.
Misty

6:30 PST Friday......here in CA, Dan Abrams' just interviewed the attorney for this SOB that they have arrested. Asked him if he asked the SOB is he was guilty and the attorney said his client said no. Then Abram's asked if he. as the appointed defense attorney if he felt it was his duty to tell the defendent to tell the truth. (seeing that he was already arrested) the Attorney said yes I did. The SOB keeps saying he didn't do it. Maybe after 27 years in prison this SOB KNOW'S what to say.. Now that I've written SOB four times I'll quit. I don't know why I'm so upset by this. Just seemed to hit me!

xxxxooo
mama

Hi!

I feel so terrible about this whole abduction and pray she will be found alive too.

When I saw this guy on the news last night I looked real hard at his face. You know, as an artist it is usually the first thing I study as it is so revealing about the whole person - shows attitude, turbulance, expression, etc. Scott has an unusual forhead now that he has lost weight. |Not meaning to be funny, he has what appears to be a humungous vein that winds down from the right corner of his temple to just where his eyebrow begins by the bridge of the nose. It appears as a big worm crawling underneath his skin, and to me has always shown the epitamy of his character, which is deceipt.

Mr Rodriguez has an unusually bulbous forehead with a scar near the lower center. Makes me wonder how he got that scar, and why the shape of his head is so unusual. It might be hereditary, or who knows what, but you very seldom see people with this kind of abnormality unless there is something wrong somewhere. My first thought was with that forehead and his tiny eyes he is slow mentally, a bit challanged. But I don't really think that is it. He has an obsession, and am wondering if some imperfection in the brain has caused the front part of his brain to grow which over the years has expanded the bone as well. It doesn't look like fat, but like the whole front of the head is shaped this way.

I certainly don't mean to be critical. From what I heard last night LE is quite sure he is the perp. Blood in his car, a report of the sheath in the lot and I also heard, which I havn't read here, that 2 video cameras in the lot showed him out there at the time she was abducted.

I pray for this exceptional family, and hope their darling Dru comes home safe to them before it is too late. God speed her recovery with prayers from us all.

Scandi

How do you guys think he got her through the parking lot, assuming in his car because of the blood stains, and through traffic, with out anyone noticing she was in trouble. I notice the cars around me, mostly. Would anyone have been able to tell for sure something was way wrong in that car. It was close to nightfall but not yet. Has it been reported where in the car the blood stains were?

Outside of keeping perps like this is in prison, I would really like to know how to avoid this kind of situation again, we talked about not getting in the car no matter what we have to do, but what can help should the perp be able to accomplish that??

I just went to the Dru message board on her site. That place is a circus. There are a few really freaky people posting mean and insulting stuff and I only was able to skim a few topics before I had to get out of there. I'm not posting there. What is wrong some people?? Grrr.

I did read a nice message one of her Aunt's left, it talked about the raspy voice Dru had since childhood, still has. But, I don't know how the people who know Dru can stand reading the other stuff, I couldn't and I don't know any of the family or friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500