• Missing Since 10/02/1993
  • Missing From Fargo, North Dakota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/23/1968 (53)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9 - 6'0, 155 - 165 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Mahoney's hair was past his shoulders at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Mahoney was last seen in north Fargo, North Dakota on October 2, 1993. He left an acquaintance's residence to walk to his brother's apartment south of Moorhead, Minnesota.

Mahoney's brother was out of town at the time and no one knows whether or not Mahoney actually arrived at his destination. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing several days later.

There was a rumor that Mahoney got into a fight with a man from Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, but this was never substantiated. A month after his disappearance, a woman claimed to have seen him at Rick's Bar in Fargo, North Dakota, but this sighting has not been confirmed.

Mahoney was close to his family and kept in regular contact with them, but they have not heard from him since his disappearance. His loved ones stated it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Several people have taken and passed lie detector tests in connection with his case.

Foul play is suspected Mahoney's disappearance, which is being investigated as a possible homicide.''

Last edited by a moderator:
My only skepticism about this one is that they're three states and approximately 13 hours apart (by car), and he supposedly left late at night, on foot. Cops seem to think there was foul play, and it seems his sister suspects he didn't leave the house alive.

Could he have been upset or scared (there were some reports of a possible fight) and decided to leave town? No one knows for sure where he went when he left (if he left), just that he didn't make it to his brother's or back home to his mom's. Maybe someone went after him or happened upon him as he walked, and they offered him a ride out of town/state.

I would think it unlikely that someone would take a dead body that far, but who knows? If the trip was familiar (and especially if already planned) taking it in the middle of the night might have made sense to them. Stranger things have happened, for sure.

And the resemblance is there, so it's definitely worth considering.

All MOO.

I remember when he disappeared, and to me, I believe Ben Kukowski had something to do with it, why would he sell the house? Was he ever given a lie detector test? usually the last person to see someone alive, is the person who committed the crime, I would like to know how many people were at Bens house the night Kevin was there, was all people questioned who was there? or did people just vanish when they knew or did something to him, was DNA collected? what about Bens house? was it searched properly? I doubt it, someone knows what happened, more than likely, Ben knows, he needs to be apprehended, questioned and lie detector test given. this should have been solved already. This is ridiculous that his family has to wonder what happened to him, years and years after he disappeared. Justice for Kevin and Ben needs to be questioned.

I remember when he disappeared, and to me, I believe Ben Kukowski had something to do with it, why would he sell the house? Was he ever given a lie detector test? usually the last person to see someone alive, is the person who committed the crime, I would like to know how many people were at Bens house the night Kevin was there, was all people questioned who was there? or did people just vanish when they knew or did something to him, was DNA collected? what about Bens house? was it searched properly? I doubt it, someone knows what happened, more than likely, Ben knows, he needs to be apprehended, questioned and lie detector test given. this should have been solved already. This is ridiculous that his family has to wonder what happened to him, years and years after he disappeared. Justice for Kevin and Ben needs to be questioned.
Sounds like you are familiar with the situation?

Sounds like you are familiar with the situation?
I have been following along, when someone local is missing and not found, makes me sad for Kevin and his family, I read about the police investigation, and it doesn't seem like they did enough to search that guys home, to me it is odd, Kevin's mom never found closure, and that makes me sad and upset that he still hasn't been found. I don't see the police today looking for Ben, the so called friend he was with the night he disappeared, that isn't odd to you? I hope closure will come one day for his family.

Last updated Nov 8, 2022

Kevin Gerald Mahoney​

• kevin_gerald_mahoney_1.jpg
  • kevin_gerald_mahoney_2.jpg
Mahoney, circa 1993
  • Missing Since 10/02/1993
  • Missing From Fargo, North Dakota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/23/1968
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9 - 6'0, 155 - 165 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Mahoney's hair was past his shoulders at the time of his disappearance. He may use the alias names Chuck Johnson, Troy Stephenson and/or Troy Stevenson.

Details of Disappearance​

Mahoney was last seen in north Fargo, North Dakota on October 2, 1993. He left an acquaintance's residence to walk to his brother's apartment south of Moorhead, Minnesota. Mahoney's brother was out of town at the time and no one knows whether or not Mahoney actually arrived at his destination. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing several days later.
There was a rumor that Mahoney got into a fight with a man from Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, but this was never substantiated. A month after his disappearance, a woman claimed to have seen him at Rick's Bar in Fargo, North Dakota, but this sighting has not been confirmed.
Mahoney was close to his family and kept in regular contact with them, but they have not heard from him since his disappearance. His loved ones stated it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Several people have taken and passed lie detector tests in connection with his case.

Foul play is suspected Mahoney's disappearance, which is being investigated as a possible homicide.

Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 8, 2022; distinguishing characteristics updated.

Kevin Mahoney poster, Facebook.jpg

The gathering was hosted by a friend at a known “party house” in North Fargo. It was a familiar setting for Mahoney, who was known to commonly gather there with friends.

By all accounts, the gathering was large, with plenty of people streaming in and out.

While there are conflicting stories about Mahoney’s movements that night, the official statement given to law enforcement is that he left that night, on foot, to his brother’s apartment in south Moorhead.

His brother wasn’t in town, so it isn’t clear if he made it to his destination.

In the days following Mahoney’s disappearance, law enforcement’s involvement was limited. Considering Mahoney was an adult, it was considered a possibility – at that time – that he had voluntarily left the area.

Because of that, law enforcement did not investigate the house in which he was last seen. Statements were not collected at that time, either.

Mahoney’s family members knew he didn't voluntarily take off. It wasn’t like him to get up and go, especially without talking to his mother.

Mahoney regularly checked in with his mom, according to his sisters, who referred to him as a “mama’s boy.”

“It was just very conflicting on the first evening on who actually saw him last,” Elsenpeter said, “and what the real story was.”

The owner of the house and Mahoney’s close friend both claimed he left the party that night. Other people said they never saw him leave the party at all.

The party was large, and Elsenpeter wasn’t able to track down everyone who was there that night.

“If there were so many people there, why doesn't somebody know something?,” Elsenpeter said.

The party was being held in a house that was under an extensive remodel at the time. Since the time of the party, extensive work was done, including in the basement, where concrete was poured and walls were erected.

Oct 2 '23
1696283820406.png
''FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - Fargo Police say as we near the 30th year of when Kevin Mahoney was reported missing by his family in 1993, the case remains active. Investigators say they continue to follow-up on new leads and stay connected with Kevin’s family regarding any developments in the case.

Police ask, if you have any information in Kevin’s disappearance, to come forward. You can call Fargo Police at 701-241-1405.

Previous reporting can be read here.''

Oct 2, 2023 article

[…]

If you have any information regarding Mahoney’s disappearance, you are asked to contact local law enforcement. You can text ‘Fargo PD’ to 847411 or call 701-241-1406.

[…]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg