GUILTY NE - Fernando Rodriguez, 13, Lexington, 26 Oct 2007

The FBI said around 7:30 p.m. central time Peterson and the boy were found in Mexicali, Mexico. They were taken into custody by officials from the Baja California State Preventive Police Agency.

Both currently remain in the custody and care of Mexican authorities in Mexicali.

FBI Agents from the San Diego Field Office and the FBI Imperial County Resident Agency Office are on their way to Mexicali to meet with Mexican authorities.

http://www.ketv.com/news/14501494/detail.html

Either this kid thinks he's the big man on campus or she's seriously screwed him up!

http://khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=11601

Nov 4, 2007

After a week on the run, 25 year old Kelsey Peterson is in jail.

The teen, was later released and turned over to relatives in Mexico. The teen is an illegal immigrant, and he crossed back into Mexico Tuesday, Officials say that means he may not be able to come back to Lexington.

As for Peterson she was transported back to the U.S. on Saturday.

She is being held in the Imperial County Jail in El Centro, California on federal charges. She also faces charges for kidnapping, child abuse, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Peterson will appear in court Monday, in California.

Okay, I have to vent. Was this boy an illegal immigrant before ever leaving Nebraska? If so, it really irks me that he was in Boy's Ranch, because I desperately called everywhere in Texas trying to get one of those places to take a very troubled child with no such luck. However, I'm sorry that he can't come back, that all he knows is the U.S., and that this predator harmed him even further than he was already troubled. Judging by the pics, the teacher could never get a grown man as handsome as this young boy is going to be someday. The teacher is a twisted pedophile.

Okay, I have to vent. Was this boy an illegal immigrant before ever leaving Nebraska? If so, it really irks me that he was in Boy's Ranch, because I desperately called everywhere in Texas trying to get one of those places to take a very troubled child with no such luck. However, I'm sorry that he can't come back, that all he knows is the U.S., and that this predator harmed him even further than he was already troubled. Judging by the pics, the teacher could never get a grown man as handsome as this young boy is going to be someday. The teacher is a twisted pedophile.

Yes, he was an illegal immigrant when he was in Nebraska. I read in one of the more recent stories that both his younger brother and his older brother were born in the US, but this boy was born in Mexico. He was living in Lexington with his mother and her boyfriend.

I'm irritated that my tax dollars are going to educate children who aren't here legally, but that itself is another debate for another day.

Lexington is a highly Hispanic community - mainly due to a large meat processing plant located there. Well-paying jobs are plentiful. Here is an interesting article I found, called "Latino Immigrants, Meatpacking, and Rural Communities: A Case Study of Lexington, Nebraska" http://www.jsri.msu.edu/RandS/research/irr/rr26.pdf

This poor kid, he never asked for any of this. I doubt it was his choice to become an illegal immigrant, or to be housed at a boys ranch, or to be abused by this woman. I think we should save the fact that he's an illegal immigrant for another thread (political pavilion maybe), he's 13 and a victim-and that's just sad.

This poor kid, he never asked for any of this. I doubt it was his choice to become an illegal immigrant, or to be housed at a boys ranch, or to be abused by this woman. I think we should save the fact that he's an illegal immigrant for another thread (political pavilion maybe), he's 13 and a victim-and that's just sad.

I agree - he is a victim and it's sad he can't come back to the only place he knows. He was victimized by a pedophile and I'm not taking away from the outrageousness of this crime.

Aside from that - I don't think he necessarily "asked" to go to a boys ranch, but had been in a fair amount of trouble of his own doing to be sent there in the first place. He had joined a gang - the 13th street gang I believe it was called - upon returning from the boys ranch.

The fact that he is an illegal immigrant is just that - a fact. Just like the fact that the alleged suspect has long brown hair. It has nothing to do with the crime itself, but it is an interesting side point. I don't think anyone was degrading the fact that this crime occurred by laying out the facts of the case.

From April 2009:

http://www.northplattebulletin.com/index.asp?show=news&action=readStory&storyID=16449&pageID=3

The former Lexington school teacher who had a sexual relationship with one of her students was sentenced to two eight-to 10-year prison terms...

Peterson was convicted of two counts of felony sexual assault...

Peterson was sentenced to six years in prison on a federal charge of crossing state lines with a minor to have sex. The plea Peterson entered Monday was on state charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back