GUILTY NE - Four killed in Omaha crime spree, Nikko Jenkins charged, Aug 2013

I wonder what shape the car was in? Were there any parts stripped/stolen? Sound system ripped out? Wheels taken? Seems sort of strange, don't hijackers strip autos they steal? Of course this could have been a carjacking gone bad and maybe the perp decided to dump it quickly.

Local news reports are mentioning possible road rage as a motive.

They showed the car. It looked perfectly normal from the outside. It was a newer SUV, looked super clean. I think I heard them say there was smoke on the inside. I only remember that because I thought how bizarre for there to still be smoke in the car after it was sitting there for 9 hours??

I was shocked when I saw this and I don't know why because lately it seems Omaha has had it's share of violent/gun related crimes however maybe it is the location that was troublesome. One thing that stood out to me was the items recovered from the roof of a gun shop? If it was a car jacking and the person was in a hurry, why go up to a store and place items there and then leave, risking the chance of someone seeing you? The whole car jacking theory, imo, does not fit.
Edited: I am also curious as to whether or not the gun shop has security cameras that could have picked up on the person(s) activity and also where Andrea's car was dumped, I wonder if there are any cameras?

And I don't think the road rage theory fits. I've never heard of a car stolen in a road rage incident. So where does that leave us?

I'm feeling someone she knew, who knew her route, ambushed her.

bilde

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130821/NEWS/130829769

Something changed her routine that night. At the below link there is a good pick of LE and firefighters on the gunshop roof.

(snip)
Kruger said he works at CM's Cut Above landscaping business. His wife of 4½ years stayed home during the day with their three children: Jadyn, 13, Ava, 4, and Hartley, 2. She worked nights at the bar until about 3 a.m.

Investigators are exploring whether the shooting was part of a carjacking, robbery or road rage incident.

Andrea Kruger was last seen at 1:47 a.m., locking up Deja Vu, Dunning said.

Something changed her routine that night. At the below link there is a good pick of LE and firefighters on the gunshop roof.

(snip)
Kruger said he works at CM's Cut Above landscaping business. His wife of 4½ years stayed home during the day with their three children: Jadyn, 13, Ava, 4, and Hartley, 2. She worked nights at the bar until about 3 a.m.

Investigators are exploring whether the shooting was part of a carjacking, robbery or road rage incident.

Andrea Kruger was last seen at 1:47 a.m., locking up Deja Vu, Dunning said.

I don't have a link to it but there was mention made in one news story that business was slow at the bar that night and the owner told employees they could go home early if they wanted to. I also think I read that she had locked up the place when leaving so she could have been the last person out. Nothing in media about a robbery or anything missing from the business so perhaps the intent was to abduct her and force her to re-open the place so they could take the receipts. I don't see how there could have been just one person involved here.

I don't have a link to it but there was mention made in one news story that business was slow at the bar that night and the owner told employees they could go home early if they wanted to. I also think I read that she had locked up the place when leaving so she could have been the last person out. Nothing in media about a robbery or anything missing from the business so perhaps the intent was to abduct her and force her to re-open the place so they could take the receipts. I don't see how there could have been just one person involved here.

What hangs me up is that they happen to end up on her route home just a few blocks from her house. Definitely more than one person involved. MOO.

So my lying in wait to ambush theory is bunk, or someone knew she closed up early.

Wait...what?

That is exactly what I said. I do not in any way shape or form, as of right now, think that the hubby was involved. However, I am slightly suspicious of him. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is most likely in shock right now that his wife and mother of his kids have been murdered .

Just saw this, thought I would post, sorry if this link as already been posted
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Homicide-Investigated-In-West-Omaha-220483801.html

Check out this link and the very bottom quote by Sheriff Dunning:
http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...cide/-/9674510/21576876/-/vfmtag/-/index.html

"While Kruger's vehicle is still being processed, Dunning confirmed that there was an attempt to start a fire inside the vehicle."

WTH? This case keeps getting weirder and makes me think that this was definitely not a car jacking or a road rage incident,imo.

I wonder if the lounge has ever been on police radar as a place for drug trafficking? Hate to say but that's what this is starting to feel like to me.
I find it interesting that KETV has disabled comments on their stories. That's pretty unusual..

Can't escape the feeling that this whole thing is something other than what it appears to be and that it was made to look like a carjacking.

Does not even look like a carjacking to me. I though carjacking meant the perps took the car to a chop shop and I just found out that some popular trucks are stolen and shipped, by ship, overseas! Are people carjacked for their purses wallets nowadays? I don't think road rage. How enraged can a person become on an (I assume) empty street in the early AM?

Does not even look like a carjacking to me. I though carjacking meant the perps took the car to a chop shop and I just found out that some popular trucks are stolen and shipped, by ship, overseas! Are people carjacked for their purses wallets nowadays? I don't think road rage. How enraged can a person become on an (I assume) empty street in the early AM?

I agree however after thinking about what the police can release, I am sure they don't have a lot to go on and they probably felt they needed to release something to the media. So why not throw some ideas out about maybe a car jacking or road rage? Or maybe there are elements that point to one of these 2 ideas, however, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess not.

I think I agree with you Snick. The intent was to abduct her, she made a run for it and the perp(s) opened fire. They tried to set the vehicle on fire to cover any evidence they left behind during the struggle. jmo

Could she have had an admirer, a customer from the bar that she rejected?

Wait...what?

yeah ... checking the news makes NO sense whatsoever

if he indeed made that statement and it wasn't taken out of context, I am highly suspicious of him

yeah ... checking the news makes NO sense whatsoever

if he indeed made that statement and it wasn't taken out of context, I am highly suspicious of him

If I woke up and realized my wife was not home and two hours overdue, I'd be calling her cell phone. Maybe he did do that but it sounds like he is saying he just turned on the news, was he expecting to see something? This has the sound of a carefully contrived story that sounded real good in a trial run but looks highly suspicious when it is used.

I do hope my suspicions are wrong, his kids have lost their mom and do not need to lose their dad.

I am sure police are looking into the couple's finances, phone records, etc.

If I woke up and realized my wife was not home and two hours overdue, I'd be calling her cell phone. Maybe he did do that but it sounds like he is saying he just turned on the news, was he expecting to see something? This has the sound of a carefully contrived story that sounded real good in a trial run but looks highly suspicious when it is used.

I do hope my suspicions are wrong, his kids have lost their mom and do not need to lose their dad.

BBM Just found this new that states husband did call her cell phone. Had not seen that before.

He said he knew something was wrong when he realized his wife never came home. He called her cell phone nearly a dozen times, but never got an answer.

It wasn't until he turned on the TV and found a woman had been murdered just blocks away. "I woke Jadyn up and he watched the girls and I'll go check it out and that was at like 6:15 in the morning and that's kind of when I knew after I was pulled over down the street here, I knew it wasn't coincidence that they were pulling me over so right then I knew...it was like a double shock, I'm getting pulled over and at the same time I just realized that that was definitely my wife."

Reporting sucks nowadays IMO.

http://www.kptm.com/story/23224864/husband-reacts-to-wifes-murder

I don't think the husband is involved. Those pics on her Facebook look as if they were in love and there are recent ones too. Maybe the bar emptied out except for Andrea and her killer, then he forced her to her car and she jumped out trying to get away. He shot her because she knows him.

The husband probably woke up, didn't see his wife then looked to see if her car was home. He may have just turned tv on because it was routine to watch local AM news, then thought it might be on there if there was an accident. I think it just came out wrong, but it was an innocent statement. He probably was at a loss to figure out why she wasn't home.

If the husband did it there would be no need to burn or try to burn the car. His fingerprints and DNA are already in there. No this was someone else. I think they were going to take her out to rape and murder but she jumped out.

On the news there was video of the husband saying that when he woke up and realized she wasn't in bed he checked for her car. Wasn't there. Then started calling her cell phone. Nobody answered. Sounded like in the meantime he had turned on the tv and seen the news coverage. This was about 6am. Then he drove towards the intersection and was stopped by police. That's partly how she was identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back