Found Deceased NE - Jake Antonio Clark, 37, car found running/abandoned, Columbus, 17 Dec 2023

fictionisbetter

Reaction score

Jake Clark
Age 37
Last seen Dec 17 in rural Platte County during traffic stop. His car was found the next day parked on a rural road in Platte County. His car was running with trunk open and lights on, and a window was busted out. A duffel bag was found in road nearby.

Per Namus database:

At approximately 9:08 pm on 12/17/2023 a Platte County Deputy did a traffic stop with Clark in his 1999 Buick Century with no plates, on Highway 22 east of Monroe, Nebraska.

Clark left from the traffic stop going east to Columbus Nebraska and was last observed at the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop.

On 12/18/2023 at approximately 5:17 am, Clark's green Buick Century was reported abandoned on 370th Avenue, approximately six miles south of Monroe, Nebraska. The vehicle was running, with the headlights and interior light on. The trunk of the vehicle was open, and a duffle bag believed to belong to Clark was found approximately 100 yards from the vehicle.

Attachments

• Jake Antonio Clark.jpg
    Jake Antonio Clark.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2
strange circumstances
I'm surprised the cop let him drive the car with no plates
It was likely perfectly legal depending on when he obtained the vehicle and what documentation he had with him. In Nebraska, reference Nebraska Statute 60-365. one can lawfully operate an unregistered motor vehicle for 30 days without display of license plates or in-transit tags after purchasing the vehicle from a non-licensed seller, provided one can produce the proper documentation upon demand. State v. Bowers, 250 Neb. 151, 548 N.W.2d 725 (1996).

JC .jpg
Apologies for the rudimental MAP.
If I understand correctly Traffic stop (TS) just east of Monroe on Hwy 22 around 9pm, then he's seen at Sapp Bros (I assumed it was the one in Columbus since it's the direction of travel according to LE, but may be wrong), then his car is found along 370 south of Monroe (unclear where exactly) at 5am.
Note, Monroe to Columbus is approx 16miles, so not huge distances for a quite prolonged timeframe.
My personal considerations/questions:
1. Where was he before the traffic stop? where was he coming from?
2. Either he's coming from somewhere west of Monroe and after stopping in Columbus, he was heading back via back roads and something happened then, or something happened in Columbus and someone dumped his car randomly on 370 because it's deserted and remote
3. What did he do in Columbus?
4. Did he actually go to Columbus or to another Sapp Bros truck stop?
5. What about his phone's movements?

I have so many more questions...and can't really find any MSM coverage still.

View attachment 478574
Apologies for the rudimental MAP.
If I understand correctly Traffic stop (TS) just east of Monroe on Hwy 22 around 9pm, then he's seen at Sapp Bros (I assumed it was the one in Columbus since it's the direction of travel according to LE, but may be wrong), then his car is found along 370 south of Monroe (unclear where exactly) at 5am.
Note, Monroe to Columbus is approx 16miles, so not huge distances for a quite prolonged timeframe.
My personal considerations/questions:
1. Where was he before the traffic stop? where was he coming from?
2. Either he's coming from somewhere west of Monroe and after stopping in Columbus, he was heading back via back roads and something happened then, or something happened in Columbus and someone dumped his car randomly on 370 because it's deserted and remote
3. What did he do in Columbus?
4. Did he actually go to Columbus or to another Sapp Bros truck stop?
5. What about his phone's movements?

I have so many more questions...and can't really find any MSM coverage still.
Yes, I just stumbled on this one the other day. Seems like an interesting case -- thought media would have been all over it. Will see if I can find any family pages.

Sadly, Jake was found deceased.

April 3, 2024

COLUMBUS, Neb. (WOWT) - A body found in Platte County is believed to be that of a missing Omaha man.

After an investigation of the scene in conjunction with the Nebraska State Patrol, authorities determined the body to be that of 37-year-old Jake Clark from Omaha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back