NE NE - James Marten, 49, Omaha, 10 Dec 2012

US ATV Search and Rescue was still searching for Jim Thursday and the team is (GULP) putting their boat with Sonar in the icy river today. They plan on searching from the banks and ON the water heading south from Rick's Boatyard all the way down past the South Omaha Bridge on the Nebraska side.

@Ihavenoclue--in answer to your question on why Rick's Boatyard closed--I haven't followed that story but here is a link to the Omaha Topix where people are talking about it:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=196794

As for Mr. Marten--I so hope for his family that he just walked away. Maybe he is at a new found friend's house--or staying in an unoccupied cabin that there are so many of this time of year just south of town. I know my wishes are simplistic--but one can still have hope.

Jim is married with 2 kids. After losing his job several months ago, he started drinking again. The family is holding a pasta dinner fundraiser at ST. Leo Catholic Church in Omaha on Jan. 25 to help with search efforts.

Jim was last seen wearing black sweat pants, navy jacket and white tennis shoes. US ATV Search and Rescue had 15 members search along the Missouri River near Rick's Boatyard where his car was found.

US ATV Search and Rescue was still searching for Jim Thursday and the team is (GULP) putting their boat with Sonar in the icy river today. They plan on searching from the banks and ON the water heading south from Rick's Boatyard all the way down past the South Omaha Bridge on the Nebraska side.

BBM

My heart breaks for Jim's family and friends. Alcoholism affects so many others besides the one drinking....so sad

It sounds like the dogs may have got a "hit" in the area....boy, wish he was somewhere "tying" one on and will come out of his fog and come home....but the news doesn't sound good....

:please::please:

My mom said his wife is back at work. I guess the pasta dinner on Friday is to help with costs associated with missed work as well. The poor family!

My mom said his wife is back at work. I guess the pasta dinner on Friday is to help with costs associated with missed work as well. The poor family!

Thank you for the local update, Raindownonme!

If there is any way... Could you send a message along to James' wife and family that we at Websleuths are keeping them and James in our hearts and prayers?

:grouphug:

TIA

No new clues yet. The search & rescue team out of Omaha hasn't given up. They had their trackers walk the river shore on the Nebraska side two weeks ago. Eight trackers walked from Rick's Boatyard south down past the South Omaha bridge.
Last weekend they had air boats on the river.

No new clues yet. The search & rescue team out of Omaha hasn't given up. They had their trackers walk the river shore on the Nebraska side two weeks ago. Eight trackers walked from Rick's Boatyard south down past the South Omaha bridge.
Last weekend they had air boats on the river.

Thank you for the update, Storm Chaser...

I am so glad LE has not given up trying to bring James home!

:please:

:bump:

Bumping for James...

May he come home soon...:please:

:bump:

Bumping for James...

I wish there was more news....

:please:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/19318

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
James
Middle name
E.
Last name
Marten
Nickname/Alias
Jim
Date last seen
December 10, 2012 00:00
Date entered
02/20/2013
Age last seen
49 to years old
Age now
49 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
71.0 to 72.0
Weight (pounds)
185.0 to 195.0

Thank you for the update, Summer Breeze!

I so hope James' loved ones can bring him home...

:praying:

It will soon be one year since James went missing... (12-10-12)

I hope he is found soon...

James is not forgotten...

:praying:

What a sad story. Thinking of his wife and kids. I hope they will find him soon.

I think someone already referenced this earlier in the post, but Rick's Boatyard Café is the same location Jennifer Andersen, who's been missing since 2010, was found. Like James, little information was available about her case as well. The only thing mentioned was that she had a history of depression...which would seem to me to imply they both likely killed themselves.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/andersen_jennifer.html

I live in Omaha but admit I'm not familiar with Rick's Boatyard café. It strikes me as strange that 2 people with a history of depression leave their car at the same restaurant 2.5 years apart.

If you were going to kill yourself in the Missouri River, why wouldn't you jump from the pedestrian bridge that goes over the river less than 1000 feet away? Why leave your car and walk through a wooded area? I don't mean to sound crass, I just find it peculiar that 2 unrelated people would decide to kill themselves by walking into the river in the same strange area. If anyone can think of a reason I'm missing, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I think someone already referenced this earlier in the post, but Rick's Boatyard Café is the same location Jennifer Andersen, who's been missing since 2010, was found. Like James, little information was available about her case as well. The only thing mentioned was that she had a history of depression...which would seem to me to imply they both likely killed themselves.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/andersen_jennifer.html

I live in Omaha but admit I'm not familiar with Rick's Boatyard café. It strikes me as strange that 2 people with a history of depression leave their car at the same restaurant 2.5 years apart.

If you were going to kill yourself in the Missouri River, why wouldn't you jump from the pedestrian bridge that goes over the river less than 1000 feet away? Why leave your car and walk through a wooded area? I don't mean to sound crass, I just find it peculiar that 2 unrelated people would decide to kill themselves by walking into the river in the same strange area. If anyone can think of a reason I'm missing, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I, too, find it odd that two people choose to go into the river at the same location 2.5 years apart... And leave their cars in the same area...

I hope James is found alive...

But I am suspecting suicide at this point...

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back