NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

don't know about his schedule but he'd usually drive to work and to college and apparently would spend the rest of the time at home or in the church with his family, so he probably wouldn't be around on his own very often.
But it always interested me to note that Jason had recently started taking regular evening walks around the neighbourhood by himself. Because I'm not convinced that he was necessarily just walking.

I'm definitely NOT dismissing the possibility of a stalker. Though I tend to think a stalker would have a plan to abduct him rather than just randomly grabbing him outside his home or nearby. After he'd finished a late shift or the radio show for example. If we are dealing with someone who was obsessed with Jason then I tend to think it was also someone who had gotten close to Jason and therefore someone he was well aware of and thought posed no threat.

But it always interested me to note that Jason had recently started taking regular evening walks around the neighbourhood by himself. Because I'm not convinced that he was necessarily just walking.

I'm definitely NOT dismissing the possibility of a stalker. Though I tend to think a stalker would have a plan to abduct him rather than just randomly grabbing him outside his home or nearby. After he'd finished a late shift or the radio show for example. If we are dealing with someone who was obsessed with Jason then I tend to think it was also someone who had gotten close to Jason and therefore someone he was well aware of and thought posed no threat.
I agree, but there is no reason why it couldn't be both - a stalker WHO had gotten close to Jason. And if you think about it, from a stalker's POV it could have been easier to approach Jason during the day in a neutral scenario where they could lure him with an excuse, rather than at night when they'd have to physically fight with him (which wouldn't be much of a problem if Jason was a petite teen female...). If someone randomly stopped you during a night walk and said hey let's go for a ride or something like that you'd immediately be on alert even if it was a passing acquaintance IMHO.

The point is, if we assume he got abducted at some point along his walk to the high school, it was either a completely random spur-of-the-moment, wrong place wrong time thing (someone spotted Jason and immediately decided to kill him) or it was someone who had already been planning to hurt him and for some reason thought that was the best moment.

Last edited:
Here's what i think happened: I see Jason walking to meet his coworker who offered the ride. On his way to the high school, a neighbor who Jason is acquainted with waves at him and asks for his quick help with something. Jason knows this neighbor simply from his walks and seeing him around--a familiar face that he has seen around for years, so no reason to worry.

Jason likely had no idea that this neighbor was watching him. The neighbor who was notably older than Jason may have asked for assistance with his trash cans (or something equally quick and minor that Jason could help with). Helping quickly with a minor task shouldn't have made Jason late, so why say no. Once inside the garage, the neighbor launched a surprise attack on Jason.

Here's what i think happened: I see Jason walking to meet his coworker who offered the ride. On his way to the high school, a neighbor who Jason is acquainted with waves at him and asks for his quick help with something. Jason knows this neighbor simply from his walks and seeing him around--a familiar face that he has seen around for years, so no reason to worry.

Jason likely had no idea that this neighbor was watching him. The neighbor who was notably older than Jason may have asked for assistance with his trash cans (or something equally quick and minor that Jason could help with). Helping quickly with a minor task shouldn't have made Jason late, so why say no. Once inside the garage, the neighbor launched a surprise attack on Jason.
Yes, this is also what I find to be the most plausible scenario. I cannot think of a motive, other than sexual or intense anger for some reason about which we are unaware, but this is what I think happened. It was something quick that wouldn't delay him asked by someone he was familiar with

Yes, I'm also wondering if JJ's evening walks throughout the neighborhood have any connection to his disappearance; apparently he started doing this in the months?! leading up to his vanishing. If nothing else, it seems that he would have been a familiar sight to those living in the community.

It would be great to know what JJ's computer/internet use was like in the several months leading up to his vanishing. Was he specifically e-mailing/chatting with anyone in particular?! If so, did any of them live in his area/community?! It would also be nice to know if JJ made any phone calls to anyone prior to his leaving the house that morning (possibly to let them know his change of plans)?!

That all being said, it's very possible/likely that the perp. in this case is not someone who was chatting/e-mailing on the computer with JJ. And, he may not have talked to them on the phone that morning, either.

Has anyone other than the police watched the school's cam footage for that time period? In fact, does it even exist? It was over a week after he was reported missing before any 'investigation' was launched, which is disturbing itself. While today's hard drive storage of video, allows storing more data, at that time the school may have been using tapes that were written over after a certain period of time. As well, while it is thought that a school official and/or security personnel would have reviewed the 'footage', this isn't necessarily the case; it could have been turned over to the police immediately upon their request. It is important that it be seen by other entities.

All good questions. I suspect the video footage from the school (from that day) is long gone. IIRC this was never made available to the public. I don't even think we know whether or not JJ's family ever saw this?!

IIRC, all I have read/heard regarding the footage was that after reviewing this - it didn't show JJ entering the H.S. parking lot during that time period. Also IIRC, I think it did show JJ's co-worker entering & leaving?! the parking lot during that time - presumably in her car.

Last edited:
I agree, but there is no reason why it couldn't be both - a stalker WHO had gotten close to Jason. And if you think about it, from a stalker's POV it could have been easier to approach Jason during the day in a neutral scenario where they could lure him with an excuse, rather than at night when they'd have to physically fight with him....If someone randomly stopped you during a night walk and said hey let's go for a ride or something like that you'd immediately be on alert even if it was a passing acquaintance IMHO.

Absolutely. If I'm out walking @ night & someone rolls up to me in their car, my alarm bells are going off immediately - even if I know the person. However, if this same scenario occurs in the middle of the day - I may not be on my guard quite as much. That being said, I typically still wouldn't get in the car with them - but that's me.

Last edited:
Absolutely. If I'm out walking @ night & someone rolls up to me in their car, my alarm bells are going off immediately - even if I know the person. However, if this same scenario occurs in the middle of the day - I may not be on my guard quite as much. That being said, I typically still wouldn't get in the car with them - but that's me.
I don't think there's any way Jason got into anyone's car, even someone he knew extremely well. Simply because his colleague had gone out of her way to come get him, why get in another car?

This person may have offered him a ride to just the school which he possibly accepted. But I don't think he'd just sit calmly while the driver drove on. He'd have known within what, 30 seconds, that he was being abducted. It's not like picking up a hitchhiker and driving them into the countryside before they even realise. Jason had a prearranged pick up in an area not far away which he knew. If someone offered me that ride I'd probably say nah it's fine I'm going to the school. Bit that's just me.

This person may have offered him a ride to just the school which he possibly accepted. But I don't think he'd just sit calmly while the driver drove on. He'd have known within what, 30 seconds, that he was being abducted. It's not like picking up a hitchhiker and driving them into the countryside before they even realise. Jason had a prearranged pick up in an area not far away which he knew. If someone offered me that ride I'd probably say nah it's fine I'm going to the school. Bit that's just me.

I keep thinking that he did get in someone's car, only because investigators have come up with absolutely zero evidence of his disappearance in that neighborhood. It's such a small time frame that, if a car was not involved, we know something went wrong between his home and well before he reaches Benson.

I just wonder how many times this neighborhood was properly canvassed. It needed to be turned inside out.

This is similar to what I think happened, too.

I know they searched one neighbor's house. Not sure if it were the one who saw him last, or another one nearby. I wouldn't mind knowing what house was searched. @studebkr, do you know, by chance?

I keep thinking that he did get in someone's car, only because investigators have come up with absolutely zero evidence of his disappearance in that neighborhood. It's such a small time frame that, if a car was not involved, we know something went wrong between his home and well before he reaches Benson.

I just wonder how many times this neighborhood was properly canvassed. It needed to be turned inside out.
I do recall reading that local sex offenders were interviewed but the time lapse of 10 days before police investigated certainly didnt help, to put it mildly.

I do recall reading that local sex offenders were interviewed but the time lapse of 10 days before police investigated certainly didnt help, to put it mildly.

Yeah, and from what we know, there were quite a bit of them in the vicinity.. part of me thinks about whether they were adequately pressed during these interviews, or if in the back of their minds, LE still believed JJ was a runaway or simply didn't think a 19 year old male could fall prey to a sex offender. Why weren't all of them interviewed?

I know this has been touched upon, but the neighbour that committed suicide shortly (?) after JJ's disappearance definitely raises my suspicions. He lived with his mother and was a part of JJ's church..

And let's be honest. Even if the right suspect was eventually interviewed, how is LE going to be able to tell, especially if he's a good liar. "No, sorry, I didn't see anything..."

I don't think there's any way Jason got into anyone's car, even someone he knew extremely well. Simply because his colleague had gone out of her way to come get him, why get in another car?
Again, this is why the police (car) and teacher (house) threads must be followed. Jason would only have entered a car or house at the request/insistence/demand of an 'authority' figure. Though impromptu, a former teacher of his working in their yard, or from inside the house, could have seen him, and said "Hi" and began to chat, suggesting they'll run him up to the school, asking him in for a minute for any number of reasons. It is the impromptuness of this possibility which, for me, makes it less likely, but not inconceivable.
The other thread, the police, for most seems highly improbable, if not inconceivable, but not for me. I have seen TOO many instances of ego addicted police personnel needing their fix.
I sent an email to the Editor of the Omaha paper, asking him about who in Omaha would be still interested enough in the case to pursue fresh grounds. Have received nothing; no surprise. It will take many of YOU to do the same, before he'll be motivated to give it thought.
It just seems that a person in Omaha will have better access to information sources for the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
And let's be honest. Even if the right suspect was eventually interviewed, how is LE going to be able to tell, especially if he's a good liar. "No, sorry, I didn't see anything..."
Well, when cops implore a suspect, they should really confirm an alibi, hone in on the person's behavior, inconsistencies, conduct 2nd, 3rd interviews. This is how killers are caught. It is not easy work.

Digging must be done. We of course don't know the extent of it here, but it seems to have been lackluster.

Last edited:
If we are dealing with someone who was obsessed with Jason then I tend to think it was also someone who had gotten close to Jason and therefore someone he was well aware of and thought posed no threat.

On his way to the high school, a neighbor who Jason is acquainted with waves at him and asks for his quick help with something. Jason knows this neighbor simply from his walks and seeing him around--a familiar face that he has seen around for years, so no reason to worry.

Again, one of his former 'teacher's who lives in the neighborhood. Not at all odd that teachers would buy a house near their school. I use to deliver the newspaper to my Algebra teacher's house.
Also, I'll again reiterate the police officer/deputy theory, either arousal or ego motivated.
BOTH need to be investigated, and I suspect they have not been. So, seriously, who has contacts in Omaha?

Yeah, and from what we know, there were quite a bit of them in the vicinity.. part of me thinks about whether they were adequately pressed during these interviews, or if in the back of their minds, LE still believed JJ was a runaway or simply didn't think a 19 year old male could fall prey to a sex offender. Why weren't all of them interviewed?

I know this has been touched upon, but the neighbour that committed suicide shortly (?) after JJ's disappearance definitely raises my suspicions. He lived with his mother and was a part of JJ's church..
There has been so much discussion over this case, that I only recall a suicide that had happened by a neighbour due to a domestic circumstance and nothing to do with JJ. But not sure about the one you mention.

There has been so much discussion over this case, that I only recall a suicide that had happened by a neighbour due to a domestic circumstance and nothing to do with JJ. But not sure about the one you mention.

Would all of the reasons for a suicide ever really be known to outsiders, though?

At the same time, I know it's really personal and don't think it's likely to be related to Jason's case. People just really want there to be a clue somewhere, IMO.

Again, this is why the police (car) and teacher (house) threads must be followed. Jason would only have entered a car or house at the request/insistence/demand of an 'authority' figure. Though impromptu, a former teacher of his working in their yard, or from inside the house, could have seen him, and said "Hi" and began to chat, suggesting they'll run him up to the school, asking him in for a minute for any number of reasons. It is the impromptuness of this possibility which, for me, makes it less likely, but not inconceivable.
The other thread, the police, for most seems highly improbable, if not inconceivable, but not for me. I have seen TOO many instances of ego addicted police personnel needing their fix.
I sent an email to the Editor of the Omaha paper, asking him about who in Omaha would be still interested enough in the case to pursue fresh grounds. Have received nothing; no surprise. It will take many of YOU to do the same, before he'll be motivated to give it thought.
It just seems that a person in Omaha will have better access to information sources for the work.
Yes, as well as a teacher and police I think its important to include authority figure, or maybe even regular member, of Jason's Church. That would, to Jason, I belive be just as likely in his case.

Would all of the reasons for a suicide ever really be known to outsiders, though?

At the same time, I know it's really personal and don't think it's likely to be related to Jason's case. People just really want there to be a clue somewhere, IMO.
I think the info re. one of the neighbours suicide was given by another neighbour, who posts here frequently. And no, IMO nothing along those lines is related to JJs case. There have been no clues whatsover, according to LE.

I only have what has been said by another poster and I don't know the specific details. Perhaps they can comment better if they wish. (Others on this thread are much mre in posession of the details than me, certainly!) I also believe that both have been looked into before and dismissed as not being related, so take the below with a pinch of salt FWIW:
It seems there were 2 suicides within a couple of years of Jason's disappearance.
1) A guy who was somewhat involved in the music scene (I think?) who took his life due to personal/family reasons (it is believed, I guess).
2) A guy who was a bit of a loner who lived with his mother and I think attended Jason's church.

I know number 2's name but I am not at all in posession of all the facts and until someone can say better than me it's probably not wise to speculate on these people. I am not even sure if they would have lived on Jason's route that day; and I doubt he went far off a direct route.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back