NE NE - Jessica O'Grady, 19, Omaha, 10 May 2006

Nebraska Supreme Court to decide appeal in murder of UNO student - News

... (Edward's counsel) Lefler said it was unknown when the Supreme Court would release its opinion, but it would most likely be in three to four months.

"The judges could affirm [the conviction]," Lefler said. "They could dismiss it, saying the court screwed up in not presenting evidence from the doctor saying blood equals death, saying mistakes were made during the trial and that he's entitled to another trial."

Blood, which DNA evidence showed was O'Grady's, was found splattered across the headboard, ceiling and walls. There was also an 8-square-foot stain on Edwards' mattress, according to evidence presented in Edwards' trial.

"There are a lot of issues in the appeal brief. Any one of those could be the basis for the court's opinion," said Denise Frost, Edwards' co-counsel...

Omaha, NE - The Commander of Douglas County's crime lab is on paid administrative leave following an indictment by a federal grand jury. 52 year old Dave Kofoed was indicted on four counts. He also faces a state charge out of Cass County for tampering with evidence. Kofoed has worked on the area's highest profile criminal cases, helping convict many murderers in the past decade

An interesting side note. Lefler and Kofoed were on opposite ends of a high profile murder case. Lefler represented Christoper Edwards in his second degree murder trial. Kofoed led the investigation of Jessica O'Grady's murder. Despite her body never being found, Kofoed helped convict Edwards of the murder.

more at link http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=10233499&nav=menu550_2

I was checking the news and I felt a little hope that Jessica would be found but unfortunately not:

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Home_Of_Convicted_Killers_Dad_Searched_131173673.html

I really wish Chris Edwards would just fess up and tell Jessica's family what he did to her, he's already in prison and nothing will ever change that, there was clear cut evidence to prove he killed Jessica.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was clear cut because there wasn't a body. He will never tell where her body is because he will be appealing this for years to come and if he admits to anything he wouldn't have a chance to appeal.We know he killed her.:furious:

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Nebraska_High_Court_To_Hear_Appeal_In_Edwards_Case_149492445.html

I don't know why he doesn't just admit to killing Jessica, there was evidence, blood evidence nonetheless, to suggest that he killed her. He wants to try and use the defense the David Kofoed 'planted' evidnce in his bedroom? Seriously? Let's not forget that Chris attempted to wipe the room clean and his bedroom mattress was saturated with blood and was about 1 inch deep into the mattress. How could investigators plant that much evidence? And what? Did Kofoed have some special knowledge that Chris was planning on killing Jessica? It's dimwitted and stupid. Chris killed Jessica, he is where he deserves to be for the rest of his life. Also, lets not forget, that there was more then 1 investigator (besides Kofoed) present at the scene of Chris's bedroom while investigating the crime scene, it's almost laughable that Chris and his attorney would suggest such an idiotic statement. Kofoed may have planted evidence in the Wayne and Sharmon Stock case but I'm 99% sure Kofoed did not plant evidence in the Chris Edwards case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back