GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

I have been reading on Kiesha Wieppeart (Abrahams) thread that she was finally laid to rest yesterday over a year after she was murdered. Mom and stepfather are on trial now.

Someone earlier on this thread commented on the many "K"s we have had. I can't find the post again to find if Kiesha was on that list but here is the last page of her thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113723&page=23

So sad that we have another "K" to lay to rest tomorrow. Kerra looked to be such a sweet girl and never should have been murdered. At least though, she was found within a week after her disappearance so any evidence gathered could be used against her stepfather and/or mom if she is found to be involved.

Kerra M. Wilson
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 28th, 2011
9-30%20WilsonObit.jpg

Kerra M. Wilson
April 17, 2003 - September 22, 2011

Kerra M. Wilson, 8, of Mitchell, Neb., passed away Sept. 22, 2011, in rural Sioux County.

Her funeral service will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011, at the Scotts Bluff County (Neb.) Event Center at Scotts Bluff County Fair Grounds in Mitchell with Pastor Don Stephens officiating. Interment will follow in the Mitchell Cemetery in Mitchell.

Friends may visit from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at Dugan-Kramer Funeral Chapel in Scottsbluff. Memorials may be made to the Kerra Wilson Memorial Fund at Valley Banks. Tributes of sympathy may be left at www.dugankramer.com

More at link-
http://www.torringtontelegram.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=37&story_id=8119

Knox thank you so much for this link. It tells the beautiful story of who she was.

Thank you again...

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Oh my, that obit made me cry. :cry: What a lovely tribute, and I'm so glad to read that little Kerra had so many family and friends who loved her so much in her short little life.

The above picture is my favorite of the ones we have seen of Kerra. I love the impish look on her face! I liked finding out from the obit that she loved to play jokes, I had that feeling from this picture the minute I saw it.

Sweet sleep, little one, and know that you brought together many people in your community to do good things. See, like your story says, you were always doing good things for others, and you are doing them still. You will not be forgotten, sweetie.

Funeral attendees told to have hope

Pastor Don Stephens told those gathered Thursday for the funeral of 8 year old Kerra Wilson they can find hope for the future in the Bible following her tragic death last week. At the request of the family the media was not allowed at the service Thursday at the Scotts Bluff County Event Center. But Stephens discussed his message earlier in the day in an interview with KNEB News.

Pastor Stephens told KNEB News Thursday morning says he wants to relay the message those close to Kerra will have an opportunity to see her again.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=ruaxwxuh

RIP Kerra You were such a pretty little girl. God Bless your little soul in heaven.

Her sweet little face just makes me want to hug her. So beautiful. No one will ever hurt you again. Rest in Peace, Kerra

So step-dad must not have to be to work until 8:30? I have to go back and find the link to the video, but one news story said step-dad had performed ditchrider work at the ranch Kerra's body was found at.

I think we may see additional charges filed after the forensics come back
icon9.gif

ETA- Video Link http://www.nebraska.tv/story/15550983/update-lopez-waives-preliminary-hearing

Mother claims to be at work at 11:00 am that day. Does this mean that Kerra was dressed and ready to be dropped off at school? I still wondering how much the mother knows.

Sweet Kerra...

Child’s Death

When a child dies, an angel comes down from heaven, takes the child in its arms and spreading out its large white wings visits all the places that had been particularly dear to the child.

From the best loved place the angel gathers a handful of flowers, flying up again to heaven with them. Here they bloom more beautiful than on earth, but the flower which is most loved receives a voice so that it can join the song of the chorus of bliss.

By Hans Christian Andersen

Mother claims to be at work at 11:00 am that day. Does this mean that Kerra was dressed and ready to be dropped off at school? I still wondering how much the mother knows.

Mother goes in at 11 a.m. SF goes to work at 8:30 a.m. Mother is home while Kerra is getting ready for school, apparently. So SF drives Kerra to school and goes to work. Mother leaves for work later. Where are the 3 younger children? He was supposed to pick Kerra up at 7:30 pm, at relatives house? So did the relative keep the younger children when parents were working? Then SF would pick Kerra (or them all) up at 7:30?

We sure don't know a whole heckuva lot. Just the main thing .. a darling little girl has had her life taken away from her.

I know Teedie, so many questions unanswered. But enough time has passed, if she was legally culpable in Kerra's death, I would think she would have been arrested by now?

There are several posts on the fb page which indicate many have sympathy for the Mom. One stated the home they live in, is company housing. Since he is no longer employed they will have to move. Another says she may be too distraught to go back to work and will need money in the interim, donation funds could be used for that purpose.

I wish LE would give some additional details on this case.

https://www.facebook.com/RIPKerraWilson?ref=ts

Knox, I wasn't being suspicious of the mother. I was wondering when he was able to do his dirty work. They must have two cars, maybe?

Guess nothing really matters now, he is arrested, and we are waiting for the medical reports. That B_ _ _ _ _ d!!!!!

This seems so trite: :furious:

Were any additional charges brought, i.e. sexual assault? I wonder if he killed her in anger, and not as part of a sexual crime? Surely they know by now, since the funeral seems to have taken place.

has a cause of death been released.... if not I wonder why not?

Seems the news outlets have completely dropped Kerra's story sherryk. Pretty sure some of the preliminary findings of the autopsy could be released.

Why do I read these news stories and then come to the threads. They only depress me.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111015/NEWS97/710159897/0

Stepdad has Tuesday court date

HARRISON, Neb. — A Mitchell man accused of killing his 8-year-old stepdaughter will make his first appearance in Sioux County District Court next week.

Salvador Carl Lopez, 32, of Mitchell has been charged with first-degree murder in the Sept. 21 death of 8-year-old Kerra Wilson.

My hope... LWOP

Were any additional charges brought, i.e. sexual assault? I wonder if he killed her in anger, and not as part of a sexual crime? Surely they know by now, since the funeral seems to have taken place.

I logged in today just to see if your questions have been answered. It looks like cause of death could be determined by now and would also like to know if sexual assault had been ruled out. But nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back