GUILTY NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, brutally murdered, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #4 *Boswell appeal 2023*

I think he said, "You have no idea what's coming, do you?"

He's just one of the creepiest people I've ever seen. You know how you look at some criminals and think, "Whoa, I can't believe they did that!" I can completely believe he did what he did. He just gives off the worst vibe.

He showed zero remorse and acted so cocky and smug during his testimony. It's like he sees himself as a character out of True Detective and seems to think he has some sort of mystical powers. He does not care if he dies because he believes in reincarnation.

:eek:Aubrey Trail’s full testimony is available at this link.
WATCH: Aubrey Trail's full testimony
I apologize, I should have put a disclaimer that a graphic photo was shown in this testimony, but I hadn’t watched that part yet when I posted it.

What an arrogant, vile excuse for a human being. I am so sorry the family had to watch him smile and even laugh during his testimony.

Does anyone know why the prosecution believes she was killed on the living room floor?

I apologize, I should have put a disclaimer that a graphic photo was shown in this testimony, but I hadn’t watched that part yet when I posted it.

What an arrogant, vile excuse for a human being. I am so sorry the family had to watch him smile and even laugh during his testimony.

Does anyone know why the prosecution believes she was killed on the living room floor?

He is a disgusting piece of work.

Around 1:30 on Part 2 has the graphic photo, in case anyone watching wants to skip that part.

For some reason, I have a hard time believing AT was sitting around reading novels.
Stephen King novels, where he gets his BS from, (like breathing in the breath of the dying.) He has been conning and preying on young, vulnerable women, but will never do it again. I don't want to watch him. The jury did an exceptional job and should be excluded from ever needing to do jury duty again in the future IMO.

Jenna Liston FOX42 on Twitter
Trail is rolled into the courtroom in his wheelchair and handcuffed.

This was the first thing I noticed when the camera zoomed in on his neck.

This is what Trail did to his neck a few weeks ago:
I know it keeps being said that he cut his neck with a piece of a razor blade, but to me this looks exactly like fingernail scratches. Supposedly he got stitches but there’s no sign of that in this pic. Maybe there are more injuries that we can’t see.

I know it keeps being said that he cut his neck with a piece of a razor blade, but to me this looks exactly like fingernail scratches. Supposedly he got stitches but there’s no sign of that in this pic. Maybe there are more injuries that we can’t see.
His lawyer said it was part of a razor wrapped in a bandaid. He did require sutures. Not sure what his purpose was...probably to try to get a mistrial declared (IMO) . They did ask for a mistrial after this incident, but in Nebraska, a defendant’s own actions cannot cause a mistrial.

2 women contacted Lincoln police about Aubrey Trail's activity months before he killed Sydney Loofe

Apologies if this link doesn't work. The Omaha World Herald has IMO an awful website. I cannot view articles very often, keep getting requests to register, did so years ago. Maybe somebody with better skills than i can link to it. It's a good article, Lincoln cops were contacted about these two months earlier and apparently never did much.

I have to wonder why so many young women seem to discard common sense when dealing with the internet. I keep thinking about the young woman in Utah being lured to meet someone she never knew; would her mother or grandmother have done something this risky? Not victim blaming, but I really wonder if people exposed to the internet since early childhood just now take too much for granted.

Here is the cut & paste text from the article:
2 women contacted Lincoln police about Aubrey Trail's activity months before he killed Sydney Loofe
LINCOLN — Months before Sydney Loofe was killed, two young women living in Lincoln reported to authorities suspicions of a couple running a sex trafficking ring out of Wilber, Nebraska.

The couple, the women later learned, were Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell, who were charged in Loofe’s slaying and dismemberment.

And when their roommate testified two weeks ago in Trail’s murder trial, the two women learned that their roommate had been participating in more than just sexual encounters.

“We knew that (Trail and Boswell) were dangerous, but she hadn’t told us that they were hunting for women to torture and kill them,” said one of the women.

The two 21-year-old women, who now live in Chadron, Nebraska, spoke on the condition that their names be withheld out of concern for their safety. The judge in the Trail trial ordered reporters not to reveal the name of the roommate as well as two other young women who testified about their travels and conversations with Trail and Boswell to protect their privacy.

The story that the two women relayed to The World-Herald had chilling similarities to the case of Loofe, who disappeared on Nov. 16, 2017, after going on a date arranged via the Internet dating app Tinder.

Trail, a 52-year-old ex-convict, was found guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Court proceedings later this year will determine whether he’s sentenced to death or life in prison. Boswell, 25, faces trial in October on charges of first-degree murder and improper disposal of human remains.

The two women said they went to authorities on July 31, 2017 — more than three months before Loofe disappeared — out of concern for their roommate. She’d told them a couple of weeks earlier that she’d met a “sugar daddy” after going on a Tinder date with a woman who called herself “Jessie,” who was actually Boswell.

The roommate, they said, came back from Wilber after her first meeting with the couple with $200 in her pocket and her fingernails professionally manicured. Later, there were other gifts, like lingerie and high-heeled shoes. The roommate eventually said she “loved” the couple, but she also told of “rules” she had to follow, such as wearing no clothes in the apartment shared by the couple, no sex with anyone else, and not sharing photographs of the couple.

Eventually, the stories the roommate told about staying with “Jessie” and “daddy” became darker, the two women said, including talk of witchcraft and boasts that the couple had killed people in the past and were willing to kill someone if their roommate wanted them dead.

“I told her this is dangerous and you need to get out of it,” one women said she told the roommate. “(The roommate) said if she’d heard the same stories that she’d be scared, too. But she wasn’t.”

Their roommate, the women felt, was no longer just boasting about her “great” life with the couple, but was possibly being groomed for sex trafficking.

“I told her this sounds like a poster for sex trafficking that you see in middle school,” one of the women said.

The two women assembled their roommate’s stories on 30 index cards and went to University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus police. A Lincoln police investigator was called in, who interviewed the women, they said, for more than an hour at the campus police station.

The women relayed the stories told by the roommate, gave the detective a description of the black car used to pick up their roommate, and told him to check in Wilber, because that’s the location of a Snapchat photo their roommate had shown them of new shoes that had been purchased for her. The roommate obscured the faces of the couple in the photo.

“We asked him not to talk to (the roommate) because we thought it would put her in danger, and we knew she wasn’t going to talk ... she told us she loved them,” one of the women said. “We were also trying to protect ourselves, too. We were still living with (the roommate).”

“We thought it was sex trafficking,” the other woman said.

But the investigator said he couldn’t do anything unless they had information that the couple, or their roommate, had violated the law. He seemed more interested, they said, that the roommate had smoked some powerful marijuana with “Jessie.”

A Lincoln police spokeswoman confirmed that a detective had met with the two women but said their “limited” information about unknown people involved in suspicious activities at an unknown location in Wilber didn’t meet “the burden of proof” for further action to be taken by law enforcement.

“A detective was assigned to the case and thoroughly followed up on the information that was provided,” said the spokeswoman, Angela Sands.

That, Sands said, included a follow-up call to the women by a detective on Oct. 11, 2017.

The investigator, she said, was “advised (that) the victim was safe and no longer hanging around the suspicious people.” The women, Sands said, had “no new information on the location or names of those involved.”

The women said they don’t recall that follow-up but distinctly remember providing police with the roommate’s phone number, with the request that it not be used except in case of emergency.

The two women, in recent telephone interviews, said they felt they’d provided enough information for police to at least drive to Wilber and ask around.

“The investigator asked at least twice if (our roommate) was messing with us,” one of the women said. “No. We’re scared that she might die.”

They said that they moved out of their roommate’s apartment after their initial report to police. The roommate, they said, eventually left Trail and Boswell and moved back to Chadron by October 2017.

They said that they’d heard from the roommate about the FBI and Lincoln police coming to Chadron to interview her after Loofe disappeared in November 2017, but the roommate had never relayed the darkest details of her time with Trail and Boswell. They said that they learned those details later, when the roommate testified at the trial.

The roommate testified that Trail, who referred to himself as the “vampire,” eventually told her that to become one of his “witches,” she needed to kill someone “and take their last breath.” Trail added that she would gain even more “powers” if the victim was tortured for two to three hours beforehand.

In August 2017, the woman told jurors, Trail led her and Boswell to a Walmart in Beatrice, Nebraska, where they met a short, blond-haired woman whom Trail and Boswell had met via Tinder. She testified that Trail asked her if she wanted the woman to be her first “kill.”

Days later, Trail said the purported victim had to leave town and the group would have to “save her for another time.” After that, Trail told her that he wanted to kill another “witch” in their group.

The woman said that while she was in the group, she never saw Trail and Boswell carry out a ritualistic slaying, which she had been told was supposed to happen in a secluded, wooded area when the moon stage was right.

The two women interviewed by the newspaper said they no longer have contact with their former roommate. Both said they have a newfound wariness about lining up dates on social media.

Here is the cut & paste text from the article:
LINCOLN — Months before Sydney Loofe was killed, two young women living in Lincoln reported to authorities suspicions of a couple running a sex trafficking ring out of Wilber, Nebraska.

The couple, the women later learned, were Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell, who were charged in Loofe’s slaying and dismemberment.

And when their roommate testified two weeks ago in Trail’s murder trial, the two women learned that their roommate had been participating in more than just sexual encounters.

“We knew that (Trail and Boswell) were dangerous, but she hadn’t told us that they were hunting for women to torture and kill them,” said one of the women.

The two 21-year-old women, who now live in Chadron, Nebraska, spoke on the condition that their names be withheld out of concern for their safety. The judge in the Trail trial ordered reporters not to reveal the name of the roommate as well as two other young women who testified about their travels and conversations with Trail and Boswell to protect their privacy.

The story that the two women relayed to The World-Herald had chilling similarities to the case of Loofe, who disappeared on Nov. 16, 2017, after going on a date arranged via the Internet dating app Tinder.

Trail, a 52-year-old ex-convict, was found guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Court proceedings later this year will determine whether he’s sentenced to death or life in prison. Boswell, 25, faces trial in October on charges of first-degree murder and improper disposal of human remains.

The two women said they went to authorities on July 31, 2017 — more than three months before Loofe disappeared — out of concern for their roommate. She’d told them a couple of weeks earlier that she’d met a “sugar daddy” after going on a Tinder date with a woman who called herself “Jessie,” who was actually Boswell.

The roommate, they said, came back from Wilber after her first meeting with the couple with $200 in her pocket and her fingernails professionally manicured. Later, there were other gifts, like lingerie and high-heeled shoes. The roommate eventually said she “loved” the couple, but she also told of “rules” she had to follow, such as wearing no clothes in the apartment shared by the couple, no sex with anyone else, and not sharing photographs of the couple.

Eventually, the stories the roommate told about staying with “Jessie” and “daddy” became darker, the two women said, including talk of witchcraft and boasts that the couple had killed people in the past and were willing to kill someone if their roommate wanted them dead.

“I told her this is dangerous and you need to get out of it,” one women said she told the roommate. “(The roommate) said if she’d heard the same stories that she’d be scared, too. But she wasn’t.”

Their roommate, the women felt, was no longer just boasting about her “great” life with the couple, but was possibly being groomed for sex trafficking.

“I told her this sounds like a poster for sex trafficking that you see in middle school,” one of the women said.

The two women assembled their roommate’s stories on 30 index cards and went to University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus police. A Lincoln police investigator was called in, who interviewed the women, they said, for more than an hour at the campus police station.

The women relayed the stories told by the roommate, gave the detective a description of the black car used to pick up their roommate, and told him to check in Wilber, because that’s the location of a Snapchat photo their roommate had shown them of new shoes that had been purchased for her. The roommate obscured the faces of the couple in the photo.

“We asked him not to talk to (the roommate) because we thought it would put her in danger, and we knew she wasn’t going to talk ... she told us she loved them,” one of the women said. “We were also trying to protect ourselves, too. We were still living with (the roommate).”

“We thought it was sex trafficking,” the other woman said.

But the investigator said he couldn’t do anything unless they had information that the couple, or their roommate, had violated the law. He seemed more interested, they said, that the roommate had smoked some powerful marijuana with “Jessie.”

A Lincoln police spokeswoman confirmed that a detective had met with the two women but said their “limited” information about unknown people involved in suspicious activities at an unknown location in Wilber didn’t meet “the burden of proof” for further action to be taken by law enforcement.

“A detective was assigned to the case and thoroughly followed up on the information that was provided,” said the spokeswoman, Angela Sands.

That, Sands said, included a follow-up call to the women by a detective on Oct. 11, 2017.

The investigator, she said, was “advised (that) the victim was safe and no longer hanging around the suspicious people.” The women, Sands said, had “no new information on the location or names of those involved.”

The women said they don’t recall that follow-up but distinctly remember providing police with the roommate’s phone number, with the request that it not be used except in case of emergency.

The two women, in recent telephone interviews, said they felt they’d provided enough information for police to at least drive to Wilber and ask around.

“The investigator asked at least twice if (our roommate) was messing with us,” one of the women said. “No. We’re scared that she might die.”

They said that they moved out of their roommate’s apartment after their initial report to police. The roommate, they said, eventually left Trail and Boswell and moved back to Chadron by October 2017.

They said that they’d heard from the roommate about the FBI and Lincoln police coming to Chadron to interview her after Loofe disappeared in November 2017, but the roommate had never relayed the darkest details of her time with Trail and Boswell. They said that they learned those details later, when the roommate testified at the trial.

The roommate testified that Trail, who referred to himself as the “vampire,” eventually told her that to become one of his “witches,” she needed to kill someone “and take their last breath.” Trail added that she would gain even more “powers” if the victim was tortured for two to three hours beforehand.

In August 2017, the woman told jurors, Trail led her and Boswell to a Walmart in Beatrice, Nebraska, where they met a short, blond-haired woman whom Trail and Boswell had met via Tinder. She testified that Trail asked her if she wanted the woman to be her first “kill.”

Days later, Trail said the purported victim had to leave town and the group would have to “save her for another time.” After that, Trail told her that he wanted to kill another “witch” in their group.

The woman said that while she was in the group, she never saw Trail and Boswell carry out a ritualistic slaying, which she had been told was supposed to happen in a secluded, wooded area when the moon stage was right.

The two women interviewed by the newspaper said they no longer have contact with their former roommate. Both said they have a newfound wariness about lining up dates on social media.

Sad to think that something horrible has to happen for them to act on this. Unfortunately, it’s the same for anyone making reports to adult protective services or child protective services in Nebraska. Something horrible has to happen in order for them to step in and by the time it happens, it is usually an unfortunate
, unnecessary loss of life that occurs before legal action is taken .

I watched the whole AT testimony. While the graphic photo was incredibly disturbing, the question that the prosecutor asked about the cut at the bottom of the tattoo was incredibly telling. AT said he had gotten rid of knives. But, the prosecutor kept wanting to know about that cut. It lends more credence to the state's presentation of torture rather than what AT claims as an accident. He wasn't just dismembering her, he was carving at the underlying the message of the tattoo--Everything will be wonderful someday. It shows that this wasn't just an accident to me. Why did he need the knives? I certainly believe that they did something with the organs as well. I think it was more about getting a victim or, if they did indeed know her from before, then, I think it was retribution.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelsMitts
Back