Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the sports teams playing each other- I can almost guaranty that Neligh Oakdale never played any teams from Iowa. Yes, sometimes Nebraska teams may play Iowa and Missouri teams but only if they are border towns or if they are more elite teams going to bigger tournaments. Neligh Oakdale fits neither of those being in north central Nebraska and not an elite team that would seek out of state competition.

I thought we could talk about Rulo. AT brought it up in his videos so I think that means discussing it is fair game?
IMO this case has nothing to do with Rulo other than AT making a statement but it....

Anyone who has followed Rulo can clearly see there’s no connection to this case other than maybe inspiration. Rulo was a cult and the murders were not ritualistic but rather punishment killings...torture of cult members that were not falling in line. I’m not saying AT wasn’t aware of them or inspired by them.... that would be the only feasible angle I see.

The Rulo murders were not random killings of strangers like SL. Additionally the thefts that took place were mostly for items and farm goods that could be used in the “holy war” they thought was going to take place. The Rulo thefts were not of the greed variety like BB and AT conducted but instead were justified because of their supposed purpose.

It's so frustrating that every day I scroll and expect to see the word "arrest" next to poor Sydney's name...and every day I don't. I'm sure that LE has their reasons but it's just very frustrating that charges haven't been formally filed yet.

It's so frustrating that every day I scroll and expect to see the word "arrest" next to poor Sydney's name...and every day I don't. I'm sure that LE has their reasons but it's just very frustrating that charges haven't been formally filed yet.
You have to be patient. Think of other high profile cases. It could be a year before we see that. Just hang tight.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

In regards to the sports teams playing each other- I can almost guaranty that Neligh Oakdale never played any teams from Iowa. Yes, sometimes Nebraska teams may play Iowa and Missouri teams but only if they are border towns or if they are more elite teams going to bigger tournaments. Neligh Oakdale fits neither of those being in north central Nebraska and not an elite team that would seek out of state competition.

Agree with this. I have a family member who taught at a school just a few miles north of the Kansas border with Nebraska and I can’t recall them ever playing Kansas schools in sports.

https://www.mayb.com/tournaments/results/summer/2011-2/

@taurus79

I was interested in your tristate basketball theory and did find this site with details of tournaments and results going back to at least 2010. Didn't know if this might help but it does indicate teams from SD, IA and NE could well play against each other. A tournament in Lincoln NE was held on 25 Jun 2011 for example.

Of course, it may be just that BB and SL had such a good first date because they discovered they had a shared passion for sports.

Bailey Boswell pleaded not guilty Monday to a host of unrelated federal charges.

The pair both face indictments accusing them in a scheme involving gold coins in which a Kansas couple were bilked out of $400,000. On nine specific occasions, Trail and Boswell got the couple to drive from Hiawatha, Kansas, to Nebraska to give them gold bars and cash.

Boswell faces nine felony counts, each carrying a penalty of up to 10 years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.

Maybe SL found out too much so they got rid of her?

Maybe but I think this is unlikely. Bailey and Sydney only hung out a couple of times. If Bailey/Trail were sophisticated enough to pull this type of thing off...I doubt they would be careless enough to give themselves up to a girl they/she just met.

I was out of town when they were indicted but I think I remember the media pointing out AT's birth name. Does anyone have any information on that?

Some little details about the coin scheme from the indictment:

Trail approached his Kansas victims in November 2015, proposing they jointly buy a gold coin, sell it and share in the profits.

Trail asked the couple, identified only as M.E. and B.E., for money to set up the deal. But the coin wasn't worth what he claimed.

Trail asked for money and property to pay for travel and other expenses, purportedly to arrange the sale.
"As part of the scheme, Trail and Boswell set up false documents and websites to convey the appearance of a legitimate transaction."

Enter Boswell, who prosecutors allege contacted the two pretending to be a broker. Trail and Boswell were trying to get money out of the couple.

On two occasions in June, Trail and Boswell got the alleged victims to drive from Kansas to Nebraska to give them gold bars, valued at more than $16,000.

Between Oct. 2 and Nov. 5, the couple brought them $24,000.

In all, M.E. and B.E. (the victims) lost more than $400,000 in money and property "due to the false pretenses, representations and promises made by Trail and Boswell."

Their trial is set for March 26.

http://columbustelegram.com/news/st...cle_9728bb34-c616-5cc1-be68-e914f09de2b7.html
http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_15cdcb5d-a00e-596e-a8e3-9d777064820d.html

Some little details about the coin scheme from the indictment:

Trail approached his Kansas victims in November 2015, proposing they jointly buy a gold coin, sell it and share in the profits.

Trail asked the couple, identified only as M.E. and B.E., for money to set up the deal. But the coin wasn't worth what he claimed.

Trail asked for money and property to pay for travel and other expenses, purportedly to arrange the sale.
"As part of the scheme, Trail and Boswell set up false documents and websites to convey the appearance of a legitimate transaction."

Enter Boswell, who prosecutors allege contacted the two pretending to be a broker. Trail and Boswell were trying to get money out of the couple.

On two occasions in June, Trail and Boswell got the alleged victims to drive from Kansas to Nebraska to give them gold bars, valued at more than $16,000.

Between Oct. 2 and Nov. 5, the couple brought them $24,000.

In all, M.E. and B.E. (the victims) lost more than $400,000 in money and property "due to the false pretenses, representations and promises made by Trail and Boswell."

Their trial is set for March 26.

http://columbustelegram.com/news/st...cle_9728bb34-c616-5cc1-be68-e914f09de2b7.html
http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_15cdcb5d-a00e-596e-a8e3-9d777064820d.html

$400,000? Yikes! That's bigger fraud than I expected.

And....I know there is no rush with the murder charges, but I do wish those charges will be made soon.

jmo

Trail is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday (tomorrow) on the new indictments.

The initial theft charge was scheduled for a trial Feb. 12. Attorneys for Trail and Boswell asked Monday for a later trial date due to the expanded charges and because statements provided by Trail to Lincoln police and the FBI had not yet been transcribed.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/per...cle_089f9a26-d077-5894-962b-d604f96d6b80.html

$400,000? Yikes! That's bigger fraud than I expected.

And....I know there is no rush with the murder charges, but I do wish those charges will be made soon.

jmo
Now they will have a long time to build the. Loofe case since ab and at will be in prison.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Maybe but I think this is unlikely. Bailey and Sydney only hung out a couple of times. If Bailey/Trail were sophisticated enough to pull this type of thing off...I doubt they would be careless enough to give themselves up to a girl they/she just met.

Do we know how long BB was talking to SL before they met up? We do know that when they did meet they got off their face on drugs... things may have been boasted about to impress SL but when AT found out he made sure it was taken care off. the more I think about this scenario, I don't want to think of what they done to SL.

Do we know how long BB was talking to SL before they met up? We do know that when they did meet they got off their face on drugs... things may have been boasted about to impress SL but when AT found out he made sure it was taken care off. the more I think about this scenario, I don't want to think of what they done to SL.
We know that BB said they did drugs, but she's not a reliable witness.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member