Need help finding a missing female in Orlando area

Writestuff

Verified Insider Danielle Nipper Case
Reaction score
I am researching cold cases that may be related to a possible serial killer in Florida named Mark Riebe. I am in the process of tracking down possible victims and constructing a timeline. He confessed to murdering a female in Oct/Nov of 1986 and burying their body near a park in Orlando, FL. I have researched missing people in Florida around that timeline and am coming up empty-handed. How could a person go missing yet never be put on the NAMUS or DOE network? What am I missing here? How can I find who this person is?

Did you try Charley Project?

iirc, Georgia maintains an on-line list of missing people, perhaps she came from the neighboring state?

Good luck, please keep us posted!

I am researching cold cases that may be related to a possible serial killer in Florida named Mark Riebe. I am in the process of tracking down possible victims and constructing a timeline. He confessed to murdering a female in Oct/Nov of 1986 and burying their body near a park in Orlando, FL. I have researched missing people in Florida around that timeline and am coming up empty-handed. How could a person go missing yet never be put on the NAMUS or DOE network? What am I missing here? How can I find who this person is?
I hate to tell you but working cold cases for the past 8 years now, we find that a lot of our victims have never been reported missing, no missing person report, no one put DNA in CODIS, no one to reach out to NAMUS. So it doesn't surprise me, you have to go back in time, where people just didn't report it. Some victims are just not on the radar, like sex workers, people with addictions, people that just walked away from family. Some come from other states too. They are invisible until DNA identifies them. Good luck.

Just looked on Namus and wonder if she could be Angela Ambrosio?
Was Angela the lady whose husband said he dropped her off at a Church's Fried Chicken after having an argument? If so, I did put her down as a possibility. Even though it did sound pretty sketchy that her abusive husband was the last person to see her. Thanks for the info!

Did you try Charley Project?

iirc, Georgia maintains an on-line list of missing people, perhaps she came from the neighboring state?

Good luck, please keep us posted!
Yes, I have checked all online missing person databases. I have started looking at surrounding states as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, you do understand that Mark Riebe recanted
those 'confessions' (made sometime at or after
1998, wasn't it?) and the only say-so as to what
Mark Riebe actually said
and whether the evidence
is actually strong as to whether Mark Riebe
committed other murders, is the expressed opinion
of retired FDLE agent Dennis Haley. No actual other
evidence as to other murders committed by Mark
Riebe has ever been brought before a court.
If your judgement is that other murders by Mark
Riebe are likely, I guess you should consider that
perhaps Mark Riebe simply mis-remembered the
year - in October 1985, Virginia Joyce Wilson
disappeared from the city of Winter Park, Orange
county, FL (same county as Orlando).
Namus #MP36614.

Last edited:
Well, you do understand that Mark Riebe recanted
those 'confessions' (made sometime at or after
1998, wasn't it?) and the only say-so as to what
Mark Riebe actually said
and whether the evidence
is actually strong as to whether Mark Riebe
committed other murders, is the expressed opinion
of retired FDLE agent Dennis Haley. No actual other
evidence as to other murders committed by Mark
Riebe has ever been brought before a court.
If your judgement is that other murders by Mark
Riebe are likely, I guess you should consider that
perhaps Mark Riebe simply mis-remembered the
year - in October 1985, Virginia Joyce Wilson
disappeared from the city of Winter Park, Orange
county, FL (same county as Orlando).
Namus #MP36614.
Good point about mis-remembering. I did take that into account when studying the timeline (of Mark Riebe's whereabouts) given to me by an investigator. However, I do know that 1986 was the correct year because he left town after an assault of another woman that July. He moved in with his aunt who lives in Orlando and she confirmed it. That being said, he did travel down to Orlando quite a bit because he lived there for years prior to moving to north Florida and still had relatives in the area - including his aunt. So it's not unlikely that he was also down in the Orlando area in 1985 too. I will take a look at that case too. Thanks for the info.

Was Angela the lady whose husband said he dropped her off at a Church's Fried Chicken after having an argument? If so, I did put her down as a possibility. Even though it did sound pretty sketchy that her abusive husband was the last person to see her. Thanks for the info!
Yep that's her. I did read about her husband afterwards and it seems more likely it was him but you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back