Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got a real problem with this part right here -

I informed BRYAN of the information that BRENDAN had said about the night of 10/31/05. I gave BRYAN details on what BRENDAN had seen in the fire and the comments that STEVEN had made to him that night. I asked BRYAN if he could again explain his activities on 10/31/05.

I don't have a hard time believing that SA family might of exaggerated about him. Have a look at what Pam said about him, she was very angry when she thought he was guilty.

Man, Steven is the most unlucky man in the world:

First he has a tire bonfire capable of burning a human body the night Teresa disappears, and her burnt bones somehow end up in his firepit intermingled with steel belts from the tires!
Then he coincidentally gets a big cut on his finger while LE plant his blood in Teresa's Rav4 on his property before they even know she's dead!
Then a bullet found with Teresa's DNA matches the type of gun he has in his room!
And to make it worse, numerous members of his own family are lying about him, including one accusing him of sexual assaulting her and one even saying he committed the murder with him!

3202d77f.gif

‘Making a Murderer’: Meet the Men Steven Avery Thinks May Have Killed Teresa Halbach

What you didn’t see during Avery’s trial sequences was his lawyers mentioning any other suspects besides Brandon Dassey in the murder of Halbach. That’s because prior to the trial, Avery’s defense team attempted to introduce evidence that other persons may have murdered Halbach.

[...]

At the time of Halbach’s murder, the mustachioed Tadych was dating Barb Janda, the sister of Steven Avery who lived next door to him (they’re now married). Janda is the mother of Bobby, Blaine, Bryan, and Brendan Dassey. In the series, Tadych delivers a strange statement to the press the day after Avery’s conviction, saying, “What happened yesterday is the best thing in the world,” adding, “He got what he got comin’ to him.”

[...]

Bobby Dassey is the older brother of Brendan Dassey, and the nephew of Steven Avery. He was 20 years old when he providing damning testimony during Avery’s murder trial that he’d seen Halbach walking towards Avery’s trailer, and that Avery had, on Nov. 3, jokingly “asked us if he wanted… he wanted us to help him get rid of the body.” According to Avery’s attorney Dean Strang, this was “false testimony,” since the joke was allegedly made on Nov. 10 after Halbach’s body was found on Nov. 5.

[...]

Steven Avery’s older brother, Charles Avery, is seen in the series guiding detectives and filmmakers along the Avery Salvage Yard property. According to Avery’s court filing, Charles Avery “also potentially had the motive to kill Teresa Haibach.”

[...]

Steven Avery’s younger brother, Earl Avery, doesn’t garner much screen time in Making a Murderer. He’s mentioned briefly on a title card stating that on Saturday, November 5, Earl was running the business and gave volunteer searchers Pamela and Nikole Sturm permission to search the yard, where they later found Halbach’s Rav4 vehicle.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

The Daily Beast

Comment: Imho, if someone else murdered Ms. Halbach, SA knows the people in his immediate circle far more than any of us, so I will leave it at that. Now, moving on...

On January 2, 2016, Kathleen Zellner tweeted:

"whoever deleted Teresa Halbach('s) cellphone calls is either the murderer or part of (the) coverup. Either way the killer is free."

Interestingly, or not, the aforementioned tweet appears to have since been deleted. However, if you search for the aforementioned phrase, you'll see that it was not only retweeted but mentioned in various news articles.

Now, I'm not an atty, obviously, or a criminal investigator. However, I do think I understand why she made such a statement. There are three men in Ms. Halbach's immediate circle, who appear to be friends.

* Michael Haibach accessed her voicemails, bc his mother allegedly received a full voicemailbox. And yet the technician testified that, based upon the records, her voicemail was not full. This strongly suggests that messages were deleted. He also admits to listening to *all* of her voicemail.

* Ryan Hillegass downplays his relationship with Ms. Halbach, and came across as quite smug that he (and Scott?) broke into Ms. Halbach's phone account. Moreover, he states that Scott gave Pamela a camera and told her where to search. Allegedly bc LEOs were already zeroing in on SA.

* Pamela Sturm testifies that Scott Bloedorn gave her information to contact the sheriff. Her "search party" was also granted "special access" that no other people were. She also testified that they tried to open the vehicle to see if Ms. Halbach was inside. Thereby contaminating the crime scene. Oh and. That she claimed that she was very afraid. This last comment was odd, since, at this point, no one knew Ms. Halbach's whereabouts.

So, you have these three men who are all up in Ms. Halbach's business, basically, compromising potential evidence. That is, phone records can be, and in this case, were subpoena'd from the phone company. These three men also appear to have orchestrated the search for Ms. Halbach's vehicle. At which point, that crime scene was also compromised.

With the above in mind, my prediction is that, *if* Avery is innocent, and if his new attorney's are able to present viable alternative suspects, that these three men will be at the top of their list. How they would be able to prove anything, beyond circumstantial, is anyone's guess. However, I do think that the killer(s) and her DNA will be all over the actual murder scene.

Imho, and at this point, we know at least two (arguably, more) crime scenes. There's her RAV4 with her blood in the trunk, and the three locations where her remains were found. With regard to the latter, I think her remains were burned in the quarry. And, when (whoever) moved them, they missed a few bones. Which is why I think that was the primary burn site, as opposed to the pit and burn barrels found near SA's garage.

So, that leaves the murder scene. Where was she murdered? And importantly, why?

In order to find this out, I suspect their investigators will be tasked to interview her friends.

We know a witness testified that Ms. Halbach was receiving multiple unwanted calls. The only calls LE was able to determine that SA made, were the three where he used *67. And yet, the witness stated that she seemed to recognize the number of the unwanted caller. So, who was that caller?

Phone records could potentially reveal repeated calls that she did not answer. Thereby providing potential clues with regard to the unwanted caller.

We also know that prior to Ms. Halbach's murder, SA was all over the news for his overturned verdict. Notably, these three men, who were all up in her business, contaminating potential evidence left and right, appear to be quite cozy with the Manitowoc County Sheriff's office. Which, imho, seems not only odd but quite suspicious.

Now, I get why Mr. Avery thinks his brothers are the killers. The big however is that they were not cozy with the sheriff's department... an, imho, required ingredient for planting the key, bullet fragment, and blood evidence in Ms. Halbach's SUV. And possibly, even moving her cremains. This would explain how they got the key (brother, roommate or ex, gave it to them).

That said, I also have a theory with regard to how and why she was murdered. But it could be way off, since the aforementioned "novella" is nothing more than speculation.

I can't see the brother, roommate, or ex ever being allowed to be named as suspects in court due to Denny. If ST, EA, CA, or BD couldn't meet the three prong test, I don't see any way these three could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://podbay.fm/show/338560456/e/1452186958?autostart=1

Found this podcast and thought it was interesting as it is from a defense attorney giving his opinions on things. :)

TY Jaiddie :)

I enjoyed this podcast with Steven Romines (24 yrs of practice).

Interesting points -
a study done in England about false confessions- 40% confessed to a crime that was never committed.
It's a state law in Wisconsin that a alternate perpetrator cannot be brought in by defense.
Len Kachinsky should be disbarred for his conduct and BD should have had a new trial.
A warrant to search property yet allowed 3rd party (private citizens) on property.
He thinks the stepfather a shady character -bones were found in his burn barrel.
SA's guilt - 50/50 but should have been found not guilty
Best advice - ask for a lawyer and don't answer any questions.

Romines red flags - key (no DNA of owner TH), lack of blood,
2 officers who shouldn't be there finding all the evidence,
bullet - found in garage but it was cleaned of all blood/evidence, yet SA clumsily left bullet behind?,
The bonfire and bones - there is a decent argument bones were moved,
regarding the bonfire -it was Halloween night.
Colburn ringing in plates is highly suspect in his opinion.

Glad to hear SA and BD are receiving lots of cards, letters and well-wishes from the general public.

Anything to help keep their spirits up as they (hopefully) await a new trial.

I can't see the brother, roommate, or ex ever being allowed to be named as suspects in court due to Denny. If ST, EA, CA, or BD couldn't meet the three prong test, I don't see any way these three could.

IIRC that part of the appeal was denied because with ST, EA, CA, or BD there was no motive, part of that 3 prong test.

The brother, the ex and the room mate.... if they could show motive, maybe? I don't think the brother had anything to do with it at all. The ex.... well, I don't know. I would like to see more on TH's phone records, who kept calling her, etc. No one seen a motive because no one (LE) looked anywhere other than SA. The deleted phone messages bother me.

I think they are going to have a hard time proving opportunity and finding evidence linking them. Motive I would think would be the easiest to prove, at least for the ex. I think it'd be hard to prove motive for the roommate or brother, especially w.o the investigation, like you mentioned

TY Jaiddie :)

I enjoyed this podcast with Steven Romines (24 yrs of practice).

Interesting points -
a study done in England about false confessions- 40% confessed to a crime that was never committed.
It's a state law in Wisconsin that a alternate perpetrator cannot be brought in by defense.
Len Kachinsky should be disbarred for his conduct and BD should have had a new trial.
A warrant to search property yet allowed 3rd party (private citizens) on property.
He thinks the stepfather a shady character -bones were found in his burn barrel.
SA's guilt - 50/50 but should have been found not guilty
Best advice - ask for a lawyer and don't answer any questions.

Romines red flags - key (no DNA of owner TH), lack of blood,
2 officers who shouldn't be there finding all the evidence,
bullet - found in garage but it was cleaned of all blood/evidence, yet SA clumsily left bullet behind?,
The bonfire and bones - there is a decent argument bones were moved,
regarding the bonfire -it was Halloween night.
Colburn ringing in plates is highly suspect in his opinion.

It is not state law in Wisconsin that you can't mention an alternate suspect. So long as the defense can meet the three prong test laid out in Denny, they can mention the name.

Agree that Kachinsky should be disbarred and his advice at the end to get a lawyer and not answer any questions should be remembered by everyone- it would prevent so many false confessions like Brendan's. Great advice :)

Man, Steven is the most unlucky man in the world:

First he has a tire bonfire capable of burning a human body the night Teresa disappears, and her burnt bones somehow end up in his firepit intermingled with steel belts from the tires!
Then he coincidentally gets a big cut on his finger while LE plant his blood in Teresa's Rav4 on his property before they even know she's dead!
Then a bullet found with Teresa's DNA matches the type of gun he has in his room!
And to make it worse, numerous members of his own family are lying about him, including one accusing him of sexual assaulting her and one even saying he committed the murder with him!

No, first he spent 18 years of his life behind bars doing time for someone else's crime.

You know his fire was capable of burning a human body into the state in which the bone fragments were found how exactly?
You know where and when the blood was planted in the Rav4 how exactly?
You know how the bullet ended up in the garage (during the period when LE had access to the gun his room and SA had no access to his property) how exactly?
You know how and if Teresa's DNA got on the bullet how exactly?
You know no-one else had a gun like SA's how exactly?
You know if the accusations of sexual assault are true how exactly?

Since we are still downstairs, I wanted to share this. I laughed OUT loud !
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz makinga murdere.jpg

I can't see any of them being named as suspects in court unless law enforcement decides to actually investigate them, otherwise no evidence will exist. Based on what we know now, as Strang has said, it's unlikely Avery is successful unless NEW evidence is uncovered. I agree with that.

But the hard part is that new evidence isn't going to come from law enforcement. It will need to come from private investigators. Which would seem to be alot tougher, since they aren't going to be able to interview people who don't want to be interviewed. For example, if Chuck Avery or Ex Boyfriend were involved, are they even going to want to talk about anything ?

My opinion is that whatever authority that is supposed to oversee and be the check/balance for law enforcement and the legal system in Wisconsin, should be forced to investigate the process of the investigation and the legal proceedings of this case under a larger microscope. Because if that is proven to be unfair, that would seem to have a better shot than trying to do an investigation that should have been done 10 years ago.

jmo

I believe she leaves her cell number on the voicemail on Barb Jandas phone when she calls to confirm she is coming out there.

Yep this is something that is shown in the documentary, Avery has her phone number on the pad of paper on his computer desk.

I think it's completely standard as Halbach's process for coming and taking pictures is to call the person, leave a number for them to call back so she can make an appointment.

It is stated that halbach had been to the property numerous times, so it's completely normal that Avery would have the number. He wouldn't have gotten it from Barb Janda's message machine that day.

No, first he spent 18 years of his life behind bars doing time for someone else's crime.

Oh yeah, that's unlucky too!

You know his fire was capable of burning a human body into the state in which the bone fragments were found how exactly?

From forensic anthropologists' testimony in the Dassey trial. But I think maybe they were lying too.

You know where and when the blood was planted in the Rav4 how exactly?

I know the blood was found before any bones were. At least officially...!

You know how the bullet ended up in the garage (during the period when LE had access to the gun his room and SA had no access to his property) how exactly?

Yes, I agree. Another thing those dastardly sheriffs planted!

You know how and if Teresa's DNA got on the bullet how exactly?

True, even more framing! They sure were good at this.

You know no-one else had a gun like SA's how exactly?

I didn't say noone else had one, just the type of gun. That's what makes him so unlucky!

You know if the accusations of sexual assault are true how exactly?

Exactly, he's unlucky that his relatives are spreading lies about him!

I think we're both arguing the same thing here- Steven is the most unlucky man in the whole world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX