Netherlands Netherlands - Riekerweg, Wht Male, small beard/goatee, tattoos, floating in water, Age Unk, Mar 2021

Rootje

Reaction score
GRAPHIC POST-MORTEM AT LINK!!

Identiteit overleden man water Riekerweg gezocht

On Thursday morning, March 25, 2021, the body of a deceased man was found in the water near the Riekerweg. The police are investigating his death and currently has no indications that the man was killed by a crime. However, it is not yet clear who he is. Hoping to quickly find out his identity, police are now sharing images of the man's various, striking tattoos.

Around 10 a.m. that Thursday morning, police officers were driving on the Riekerweg when they saw a suspicious package floating in the water. The officers tried to get the package to the side, but this failed and they called in the fire brigade. Subsequently, the fire brigade arrived on site together with a diving team. After the divers went into the water, it soon became apparent that it was a body. The body was then recovered and technically examined. As of yet, there does not seem to be any criminal offenses surrounding the death of the man.

Identity unknown
Unfortunately, the detectives have not yet been able to find out who this man is and hope to come into contact with people who may know who this could be. The description of the man:

- Light skin tone;
- 180 to 185 in length;
- Dark brown, short hair;
- small beard / goatee;
- He was wearing: a dark colored cardigan / hoodie with a stitched check pattern, a black t-shirt with Chinese lettering on the front, dark colored sweatpants and black half-high shoes.

Tattoos
Furthermore, the man has several striking tattoos on his body. His tattoos are:

- A black panther with a tribal on his right upper arm;
- A skull with a crown on the head on his chest;
- A circle with thin and thick lines at the height of his left nipple;
- A sun with three cannabis leaves around his belly button, diagonally across his stomach;
- The letters GUTS one below the other with various tribals around it on his left forearm

I think the GUTS tattoo signifies this character:

“Description
Guts is the main protagonist of the anime and manga series Berserk. In the series, Guts is a Mercenary who travels from company to company so he is always fighting. After meeting Griffith, Guts is defeated in battle by Griffith and is forced to join the band of the Hawk”

Guts (Berserk)

I also suspect the unidentified may be in his early 40s based on the tattoo style and selection.

Curious that they reference the body as first being seen and described as a “package”. Makes it seem they were close enough at one point before divers, fire called in that they didn’t confirm as a body until they got to it? I mean was it wrapped in something I wonder? Or due to darker clothing it was not obvious? Obviously if it was “wrapped” in something this would point to foul play.

Hope he’s identified soon. MOO

The tattoos don't seem to be done by a professional, but they are certainly distinctive; someone would recognize them if they saw them IMO.

Around 10 a.m. that Thursday morning, police officers were driving on the Riekerweg when they saw a suspicious package floating in the water."The police are investigating his death and currently has no indications that the man was killed by a crime." So he rapped up himself in a package and went into the water? Could be an OD or a natural COD of course, but sorry somebody else must have put him there.

DPG Media Privacy Gate

Corpse found in water near Riekerweg in Nieuw-West

A body was found in the water near the Riekerweg in Nieuw-West. The police do not yet know how the person died.

Het Parool 03/25/21, 12:07 PM Last update: 26-03-21, 11:1

© Hollandse Hoogte / ANP
The criminal investigation and forensic investigation are underway, said a police spokesman. "More information will follow later."

On Monday, the police also found a large amount of dumped drug waste on the same road. Fifteen transparent jerry cans and a blue barrel full of waste from the production of the drug MDMA were scattered there. The police cannot say whether that has anything to do with the remains that were found on Thursday.

Large amount of drug waste dumped in West
On Monday, March 15, the police found a large amount of dumped drug waste on the Riekerweg in West. It concerns fifteen transparent jerry cans and a blue barrel full of waste products that were created during the production of the drug MDMA.

Investigations show that suspects fled via Aircraft Street or Parachute Quay (In Dutch Vliegtuigstraat of Valschermkade). Where the barrels come from and when exactly the dumping took place is not clear. The police's environmental team is looking for witnesses who know more about the dumping and origin of the drug waste.

Dumps of drug waste are dangerous because the materials can be highly flammable, highly corrosive or toxic. The chemicals can also end up in the groundwater , which leads to water pollution, with all the damaging consequences that this entails.

Such finds occur regularly in North Brabant and Limburg. This is less common in Amsterdam. Synthetic drug makers often choose remote areas to dump barrels of leftover chemicals. They also often do this in the dark.

Dumping drugsvaten Riekerweg Amsterdam-West

22-03-2021 | 13:42

Amsterdam - On Monday afternoon, March 15, 2021, a large dumping of drug waste was found at Riekerweg. A total of fifteen transparent jerry cans and one blue barrel were found containing waste products from the production of MDMA. Investigations show that suspects fled via Aircraft Street or Parachute Quay.

drugsvaten.png

The environmental team of the police investigates the origin of the drug waste and calls on the help of the public. We would like to know how long the barrels have been there and where they come from. Illegal dumping often takes place in the dark. There may be people who have seen something suspicious, such as suspicious vehicles, in the vicinity of the Riekerweg in the evenings and nights before Monday, March 15. Or do you know where the barrels come from? Please do not hesitate to contact the police on 0900-8844. You can also call 0800-7000. If you have images or tips, you can share them with the research team via the tip form.

Harmful for humans, animals and nature
Dumps of drug waste are dangerous because the materials can be highly flammable, highly corrosive or toxic. The chemicals can also end up in the groundwater, which leads to water pollution, with all the damaging consequences that this entails.

What to do if you see illegal dumping?
If you witness an illegal dumping, call the police on 112. Make sure your own safety comes first. If possible, take photos, note number plates and describe the means of transport and people. You can also report this via Report Crime Anonymously on 0800-7000.

Do you have more information?
Let us know via the tip form.

Last edited:
upload_2021-4-8_18-19-2.png

Meldingen over drugsoverlast leiden tot sluiting woning Nieuw-West

December 29, 2020, 19:23 pm · By Editors

A house on Theodoor van Hoytemastraat in Nieuw-West has been boarded up by order of mayor Halsema. According to the municipality, there was serious and long-term drug nuisance from the home.

After reports of nuisance, the police searched the house twice in a short time. In addition, hard drugs (GHB, XTC pills, amphetamine, LSD), supplies for making drugs, illegal fireworks and an electric shock weapon were found in trade quantities.

Appearance
'Given the facts and circumstances, keeping this house open poses a threat to public order,' says the municipality. 'It must also be prevented that the home can continue to play a role in drug dealing in the future.'

It is not the only house that has been closed today. A house at Groenhoven in Southeast had to be closed because there was a hemp farm. A house on Graswijk in Nieuw-West has been closed after hash, hemp, heroin and MDMA pills were found. During the search of the house, the police also found ammunition and a loaded firearm with a filled magazine.

Stash location
In a houseboat on the Zeeburgerpad in East, the police found a trade quantity of soft drugs, a lot of cash and several real looking (fire) weapons. "Research shows that the houseboat is used as a stash location for drug trafficking," the municipality reports.

The four houses must all remain closed for at least three months.

I think the GUTS tattoo signifies this character:

“Description
Guts is the main protagonist of the anime and manga series Berserk. In the series, Guts is a Mercenary who travels from company to company so he is always fighting. After meeting Griffith, Guts is defeated in battle by Griffith and is forced to join the band of the Hawk”

Guts (Berserk)

I also suspect the unidentified may be in his early 40s based on the tattoo style and selection.

Curious that they reference the body as first being seen and described as a “package”. Makes it seem they were close enough at one point before divers, fire called in that they didn’t confirm as a body until they got to it? I mean was it wrapped in something I wonder? Or due to darker clothing it was not obvious? Obviously if it was “wrapped” in something this would point to foul play.

Hope he’s identified soon. MOO
exactly what i was wondering. the anime part is a bit unusual for older men, maybe guts has another meaning?

DPG Media Privacy Gate

Corpse found in water near Riekerweg in Nieuw-West

A body was found in the water near the Riekerweg in Nieuw-West. The police do not yet know how the person died.

Het Parool 03/25/21, 12:07 PM Last update: 26-03-21, 11:1

© Hollandse Hoogte / ANP
The criminal investigation and forensic investigation are underway, said a police spokesman. "More information will follow later."

On Monday, the police also found a large amount of dumped drug waste on the same road. Fifteen transparent jerry cans and a blue barrel full of waste from the production of the drug MDMA were scattered there. The police cannot say whether that has anything to do with the remains that were found on Thursday.

Large amount of drug waste dumped in West
On Monday, March 15, the police found a large amount of dumped drug waste on the Riekerweg in West. It concerns fifteen transparent jerry cans and a blue barrel full of waste products that were created during the production of the drug MDMA.

Investigations show that suspects fled via Aircraft Street or Parachute Quay (In Dutch Vliegtuigstraat of Valschermkade). Where the barrels come from and when exactly the dumping took place is not clear. The police's environmental team is looking for witnesses who know more about the dumping and origin of the drug waste.

Dumps of drug waste are dangerous because the materials can be highly flammable, highly corrosive or toxic. The chemicals can also end up in the groundwater , which leads to water pollution, with all the damaging consequences that this entails.

Such finds occur regularly in North Brabant and Limburg. This is less common in Amsterdam. Synthetic drug makers often choose remote areas to dump barrels of leftover chemicals. They also often do this in the dark.

Dumping drugsvaten Riekerweg Amsterdam-West

22-03-2021 | 13:42

Amsterdam - On Monday afternoon, March 15, 2021, a large dumping of drug waste was found at Riekerweg. A total of fifteen transparent jerry cans and one blue barrel were found containing waste products from the production of MDMA. Investigations show that suspects fled via Aircraft Street or Parachute Quay.

drugsvaten.png

The environmental team of the police investigates the origin of the drug waste and calls on the help of the public. We would like to know how long the barrels have been there and where they come from. Illegal dumping often takes place in the dark. There may be people who have seen something suspicious, such as suspicious vehicles, in the vicinity of the Riekerweg in the evenings and nights before Monday, March 15. Or do you know where the barrels come from? Please do not hesitate to contact the police on 0900-8844. You can also call 0800-7000. If you have images or tips, you can share them with the research team via the tip form.

Harmful for humans, animals and nature
Dumps of drug waste are dangerous because the materials can be highly flammable, highly corrosive or toxic. The chemicals can also end up in the groundwater, which leads to water pollution, with all the damaging consequences that this entails.

What to do if you see illegal dumping?
If you witness an illegal dumping, call the police on 112. Make sure your own safety comes first. If possible, take photos, note number plates and describe the means of transport and people. You can also report this via Report Crime Anonymously on 0800-7000.

Do you have more information?
Let us know via the tip form.
thats weird. i was born in amsterdam, raised in noord-brabant, and dumping drug waste is waaaay more common here. wonder if the man maybe died from an overdose, and the drug scene wanted to cover it up? or maybe he was involved in the making of the mdma and was going to snitch? but then why would they dump the drug waste at that exact spot where he was found? just speculating.

It's interesting to know how long this person was in the water (PMI) and what the cause of death was.

Maybe he had nothing to do with the dumping, but touched the drugs waste by accident? Maybe he was the dumper himself, but didn't follow the instructions given. Police found it and rolled up the fabrication- and stash houses. Because the obvious dumping lead them there, the operation was shut down. Retaliation?

I could think about a lot of other scenario's, but we are missing some important information.

I think it's again a matter of how you describe things.....words chosen.....
This says: Politie toont opvallende tatoeages dode man Riekerweg

When police officers drive on the Riekerweg at around 10 a.m. last
Thursday, they think they saw a suspicious package in the water. They try to get it out of the way, but if this doesn't work, they call in the fire brigade. They come on site with a diving team. When they enter the water, they find the man's remains, '' says Marijke Stor of the Amsterdam police.

ExzbDpRXMAIebhm.jpg

The police have no idea who the man is who was found last week in the water near Riekerweg in Amsterdam's Nieuw-West district. It is clear, however, that the man did not die as a result of a crime. The police said this on Twitter on Tuesday.

Politie zoekt identiteit van vorige week gevonden dode man bij Riekerweg | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

exactly what i was wondering. the anime part is a bit unusual for older men, maybe guts has another meaning?
Very well could, and I agree with the other post the tats don’t appear professional in nature and perhaps all done by the same person.

What is going on in New West, Amsterdam? I think no relation with this John Doe, as far I can see, but it's weird all together.

UPDATE: Twee aanhoudingen in onderzoek naar doodgeschoten man Nico Broekhuysenweg UPDATE: Twee aanhoudingen in onderzoek naar doodgeschoten man Nico Broekhuysenweg

March 11/12, 2021, estimated date of killing. A young man was killed with gunshots and dumped on the Nico-broekhuysenweg (New West) in a ditch. Found on March 12. The victim is a 22-year-old from Assendelft, nicknamed Lau. On Tuesday, March 30 2021 two suspects have since been arrested on suspicion of involvement in the death of Lauranio Bronne. A 28-year-old Amsterdammer was arrested in Amsterdam and a 20-year-old man from Zaanstad, was arrested in Assendelft. They are in "all limitations"

15 March 2021, dumped drugs waste found Riekerweg, New West

25 March, John Doe found in the water on Riekerweg.

What is going on in New West, Amsterdam? I think no relation with this John Doe, as far I can see, but it's weird all together.

UPDATE: Twee aanhoudingen in onderzoek naar doodgeschoten man Nico Broekhuysenweg UPDATE: Twee aanhoudingen in onderzoek naar doodgeschoten man Nico Broekhuysenweg

March 11/12, 2021, estimated date of killing. A young man was killed with gunshots and dumped on the Nico-broekhuysenweg (New West) in a ditch. Found on March 12. The victim is a 22-year-old from Assendelft, nicknamed Lau. On Tuesday, March 30 2021 two suspects have since been arrested on suspicion of involvement in the death of Lauranio Bronne. A 28-year-old Amsterdammer was arrested in Amsterdam and a 20-year-old man from Zaanstad, was arrested in Assendelft. They are in "all limitations"

15 March 2021, dumped drugs waste found Riekerweg, New West

25 March, John Doe found in the water on Riekerweg.
wow. suspicious indeed, i wonder if the police has “linked” the cases already?

No news in this case, nothing added. When I was looking at this tattoo, I thought there may be also some lettering in it. Something like VVS or maybe Vivos (Spanish for alive) ....or is that just me?

foto1.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hazypinkillusion