New book coming out by Paula Woodward

One of the things pointed out by author attorney DM on Boyles radio program is that if a Pro-R book is written, it can find a publisher. If there is content not favorable to the R’s, the publishers will not touch it for fear of a lawsuit. Publishers are all about profit and avoiding liability. So if one has a book which does not put the R’s in a favorable light, one has to self-publish.

(‘ Course if one has very deep pockets one could behave like the NY Post - owned by Murdoc who is listed at wealth of 13.4 billion. The Post wrote an article about BR, was sued; the Post attorneys ended up saying “Bring it on” and the R’s backed down from a court fight with the lawsuit. It was settled outside the legal arena, though it’s said the Post was very geared for a good fight.) moo

One of the things pointed out by author attorney DM on Boyles radio program is that if a Pro-R book is written, it can find a publisher. If there is content not favorable to the R’s, the publishers will not touch it for fear of a lawsuit. Publishers are all about profit and avoiding liability. So if one has a book which does not put the R’s in a favorable light, one has to self-publish.

(‘ Course if one has very deep pockets one could behave like the NY Post - owned by Murdoc who is listed at wealth of 13.4 billion. The Post wrote an article about BR, was sued; the Post attorneys ended up saying “Bring it on” and the R’s backed down from a court fight with the lawsuit. It was settled outside the legal arena, though it’s said the Post was very geared for a good fight.) moo

I don't believe it has anything to do with lawsuits. If it is true it is true and that is just not something you can sue over. If it is lies or made up theories or has no basis in fact than yes, I am sure people would sue. I would if it were about me.

But if it is truthful and can be backed up, No basis to sue.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...w0bAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KUgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1680,824002:

This means that the R's were going to win and the Post knew it so they paid them the settlement. If they really would have won this, Then they would not have settled.

I don't believe it has anything to do with lawsuits. If it is true it is true and that is just not something you can sue over. If it is lies or made up theories or has no basis in fact than yes, I am sure people would sue. I would if it were about me.

But if it is truthful and can be backed up, No basis to sue.

"http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1696&dat=20030109&id=kw0bAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KUgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1680,824002:

This means that the R's were going to win and the Post knew it so they paid them the settlement. If they really would have won this, Then they would not have settled.

Exactly, who wouldn't sue if a book full of lies implicating them in murder ( especially of their beloved child) was published? Yet the Ramsy's are vilified for it. It's funny Kolars new book was "going to blow the lid off" the Ramsey case, it didn't happen. Maybe this book will.

She wrote a book, and it's being published, most legit authors are paid for their work. It's laughable that you're saying a publish Co. won't publish books in fear of lawsuits, if that was the case there would be a shortage of good books to read. Unless you believe the Ramsey's hold more power than princess Di, the Kennedys and Michael Jackson ever held.

She wrote a book, and it's being published, most legit authors are paid for their work. It's laughable that you're saying a publish Co. won't publish books in fear of lawsuits, if that was the case there would be a shortage of good books to read. Unless you believe the Ramsey's hold more power than princess Di, the Kennedys and Michael Jackson ever held.

This info was gleaned from a broadcast featuring an author who ended up publishing his book about the R case in Japan. If you disagree that he is a legitimate author and attorney, and does know something about lawsuits, then you disagree and I’ve nothing to say further on the author’s statement.

But here’s a quote from Marc Klaas, CNN interview: "But since these folks (the Ramseys) basically threatened litigation to anybody that doesn't totally agree with their version of the facts, I'm afraid I can't say any more."

Also from HS, who wrote a book on incest and who was hired by BPD to review the JBR bedroom and form an opinion: HS was asked, by her publisher, to remove her chapter on her investigation in the R case from her memoir. The publisher wanted to avoid a lawsuit. moo

I went on Amazon and looked up books about Michael Jackson. This is someone whose molestation charges was a huge saga for over a decade, went on trial, very publicized, etc...and I can only find three books (one from 1994, two from 2005) by big, major publishers where the author pretty much says he's guilty. The majority of books about him are very positive. So it does look like big publishers do avoid books that will be making accusations against people who have not been convicted.

I went on Amazon and looked up books about Michael Jackson. This is someone whose molestation charges was a huge saga for over a decade, went on trial, very publicized, etc...and I can only find three books (one from 1994, two from 2005) by big, major publishers where the author pretty much says he's guilty. The majority of books about him are very positive. So it does look like big publishers do avoid books that will be making accusations against people who have not been convicted.

No, I think it is more that those are the three that were publishable. Just because someone writes a book does not mean it is publish worthy material.
It could be that those 3 are the only ones who wrote books with that slant on it.

If a publisher can make money on a book, He is going to publish it. Bottom line.

No, I think it is more that those are the three that were publishable. Just because someone writes a book does not mean it is publish worthy material.
It could be that those 3 are the only ones who wrote books with that slant on it.

If a publisher can make money on a book, He is going to publish it. Bottom line.

That's definitely not the bottom line. A publisher is not going to publish a book with major accusations, that could get them sued. I'm sure a book that says that (insert major A-List celebrity here) is a rapist/child molester/abuser etc would sell; doesn't mean a big-name publisher is going to touch it.

That's definitely not the bottom line. A publisher is not going to publish a book with major accusations, that could get them sued. I'm sure a book that says that (insert major A-List celebrity here) is a rapist/child molester/abuser etc would sell; doesn't mean a big-name publisher is going to touch it.

Sure it is. As long as it it good material that will make them money. But lets see.

Mackenzie Phillips book, claims her father committed incest with her, No proof but her word.

There are many slam books out there. It does not stop the publishers from publishing them. It has to be a good solid book. It has to be something that will make them money.

I think that to say that the reason there is only a few books slamming the R's is because publishers are afraid of being sued is obtuse. I think that there are many reasons it could be the least of which could be because it may just not be a good book.

BBM. Though you and I are at opposite ends of the "Whodunnit" spectrum regarding this case, I have to agree with you here. Because in big business it's all about money period. And who knows who, and who owes who a favor, etc. etc. Paula Woodward stands on her own reputation for being readable, and I'm sure she has all the right connections in the right places in order to get published.

There are those who will refuse to read her book because of being very loyal RDI's. In the interest of learning everything I can about this case, I try to read almost everything published...good, bad and ugly. I urge anyone who is still seeking answers, information, or holds out hope that this case will one day have a resolve, to continue to look at every shred of opinion or information that is gathered and printed about this case.

All it will ever take is one little piece of information possibly seen in a new light by a fresh mind to help bring all the pieces of the case puzzle together and make them fit. No matter WHO killed JBR, she deserves justice!

BBM. Though you and I are at opposite ends of the "Whodunnit" spectrum regarding this case, I have to agree with you here. Because in big business it's all about money period. And who knows who, and who owes who a favor, etc. etc. Paula Woodward stands on her own reputation for being readable, and I'm sure she has all the right connections in the right places in order to get published.

There are those who will refuse to read her book because of being very loyal RDI's. In the interest of learning everything I can about this case, I try to read almost everything published...good, bad and ugly. I urge anyone who is still seeking answers, information, or holds out hope that this case will one day have a resolve, to continue to look at every shred of opinion or information that is gathered and printed about this case.

All it will ever take is one little piece of information possibly seen in a new light by a fresh mind to help bring all the pieces of the case puzzle together and make them fit. No matter WHO killed JBR, she deserves justice!

Agree. While I believe that JBR is at peace and does not care what happens here any more, I do believe that her killer should be caught and punished.

I see people who are nobodys get published all the time, But it has to be a good sellable book. If it is then they publish it, If not, They don't.

I don't tend to read books on the cases I am interested in because to me they all have slant. I don't believe they uncover new facts, just new ways of looking at the old facts.. So I probably won't buy this one either, But I will be watching to see how it sells.

Agree. While I believe that JBR is at peace and does not care what happens here any more, I do believe that her killer should be caught and punished.

I see people who are nobodys get published all the time, But it has to be a good sellable book. If it is then they publish it, If not, They don't.

I don't tend to read books on the cases I am interested in because to me they all have slant. I don't believe they uncover new facts, just new ways of looking at the old facts.. So I probably won't buy this one either, But I will be watching to see how it sells.

It is now more clear to me why you are not able to see the reasons why many here posting on this forum have such strong conviction that there is evidence which indicates the Ramseys were involved in JB's death. There has been a lot of case evidence presented in some of the books written, as well as a lot of family history revealed by those close to the Ramseys who offer insight into possible motives and certain behaviors which might be catalysts for JB's murder.

I do not think that we could possibly begin to sleuth this case here on the forum from just reading through the released police records and other public domain documents. James Kolar presented several new pieces of information in his book otherwise unknown at the time of printing, and was clear to state he had no intent of presenting his "slant" on the suspected killer....that the reader should, instead, form his own opinion.

I have admitted before, and will do so again, that before I took the time to start reading printed information from every source available about this case, I wanted to believe an Intruder killed JB. I could not fathom that she would have been killed by her own family. It was an assault to my soul.

It still is, but thanks to dedicated law enforcement, reporters, investigators, scholars and medical professionals who took the effort and time to have their work on this case compiled and put out into the public in printed format, I believe I can accept the reality that the Ramsey family must be kept under the "umbrella of suspicion" for killing their own precious, innocent loved one in such a heinous manner.

Assaulted soul, yes. Deluded mentality, no.

It is now more clear to me why you are not able to see the reasons why many here posting on this forum have such strong conviction that there is evidence which indicates the Ramseys were involved in JB's death. There has been a lot of case evidence presented in some of the books written, as well as a lot of family history revealed by those close to the Ramseys who offer insight into possible motives and certain behaviors which might be catalysts for JB's murder.

I do not think that we could possibly begin to sleuth this case here on the forum from just reading through the released police records and other public domain documents. James Kolar presented several new pieces of information in his book otherwise unknown at the time of printing, and was clear to state he had no intent of presenting his "slant" on the suspected killer....that the reader should, instead, form his own opinion.

I have admitted before, and will do so again, that before I took the time to start reading printed information from every source available about this case, I wanted to believe an Intruder killed JB. I could not fathom that she would have been killed by her own family. It was an assault to my soul.

It still is, but thanks to dedicated law enforcement, reporters, investigators, scholars and medical professionals who took the effort and time to have their work on this case compiled and put out into the public in printed format, I believe I can accept the reality that the Ramsey family must be kept under the "umbrella of suspicion" for killing their own precious, innocent loved one in such a heinous manner.

Assaulted soul, yes. Deluded mentality, no.

good post MM,
and even if I am not sure that BDI like Kolar suggests ITA with him on two things...there is something dark about the person who did this and definitely yes,the mental/health records of the family members are key to solving this case.
the problem remains though...the ones who can access those records are hiding like cowards under their desks

It's amazing that the "sue happy" Ramseys haven't sued this board for all of the misinformation.

Think outside of the box for one second. If your 9yo son was accused of killing his sister and you know damn good and well he didn't do it, would you sue to protect him? I would. When you sue someone, you open yourself up to more scruntinized. If they were guilty the more they sue the more likely the truth would come out, ask Terry Hobbs.......

You know, sarcastic. Intimidating wasn't my intention at all, I don't hold the power nor the desire to intimidate anyone.

I was being tongue n cheek....
I’ll have to take your word then for where your tongue was. TIC doesn’t work very well on forums unless it’s stated, or maybe an emoticon is added to indicate it ;) . The suggestion of lawsuits doesn’t go over very well either -- some posters have actually been sued (probably deservedly so, IMO), so that’s kind of a sensitive area. (And no, it wasn’t me who was sued. :innocent: )

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple
Back