New Details of Josh's Brainwashing Techniques

I found that an odd thing to correct a child on. It made me wonder whether Susan was wrapped in a purple blanket or whether there's some bizarre reason NOT to associate her with purple. Probably nothing, but why would JP feel the need to "correct" a child about that?

I may be way off base, but I think that Josh has shown that he hates the Coxes in every possible way. I think that since he brought the purple flower, and he stated that it was Susan's favorite color, Josh likely thought that this came from the grandparents. He was correcting him because he did not want the child to believe anything that the Coxes were telling them.

Has anyone heard what a trained eye (counselor) has said about this photo?
Since JP is dead will this part of the case go cold?
or can it be brought up at SP trial???

A couple of us commented (although I haven't verified with WS as an expert - so take it or leave it).

What part of the case are you referring to going cold? Josh's brainwashing? The possiblity of child sexual abuse of the children on the part of Josh? Steven? I would imagine if there is anything they can charge SP with - they will do it. My hope is that SP will be convicted and made to Register as a Sex Offender. Does anyone know what type of sentence SP faces?

This has nothing to do with this thread but I don't know where to put it.

Susan please appear from wherever he put you. We have Hailey and Sherry A. we'd like to find everyone but especially you.

A couple of us commented (although I haven't verified with WS as an expert - so take it or leave it).

What part of the case are you referring to going cold? Josh's brainwashing? The possiblity of child sexual abuse of the children on the part of Josh? Steven? I would imagine if there is anything they can charge SP with - they will do it. My hope is that SP will be convicted and made to Register as a Sex Offender. Does anyone know what type of sentence SP faces?

thanks, yes will this be able to be used as evidence as to how the children were treated, brainwashed etc in this compound ????

As far as I can tell the only case Utah LE has is Susan's being a missing endangered case. I know they were recently stating that they were treating it like a murder investigation but it was still a MP due to not having found her body. I wonder if UT LE just did not say they were treating the investigation as a murder to make the Cox family happy, show that LE was still working the case. After all, everyone already knew that Josh did it and LE had not come forth with any evidence for her murder.

I can't imagine anything to do with Susan will come up at SP's trial. As far as I know, it is for the *advertiser censored*/voyeurism and I really hope the search warrant for his home was broad (or whatever it is called) as LE went for Susan's journals.

thanks, yes will this be able to be used as evidence as to how the children were treated, brainwashed etc in this compound ????

I am unsure if they will try to use this against SP. There is no direct evidence (that I am aware of) that he (SP) was the perpetrator of abuse toward the children. There may be video recordings of the children in various situations of questionable behaviors and then LE could tie this picture with SP.

Many could argue that it was Josh who perpetrated against the children and not SP. They would need to try to establish a specific link - athough the children were living at his home at the time.

I would certainly try if I were the prosecutor to link SP with any and every inappropriate act towards children and then bring this in.

This link shows the bottom right hand of the picture Charlie drew -- http://www.scribd.com/doc/83570307/Josh-Powell-documents-released-3-2-12

My Opinion is that it is a pic of josh and charlie and if my glasses (not my eyes) work both their private parts are exposed and it would seem that charlie is saying he doesn't want to play (what josh called it prob (play time) he was a sick individual. I have always thought that this is what susan found out about. If by chance susan caught them in the act him, drawing this then crossing it out could be a way of him associating that with her absence. What I noticed is charlie doesn't have arms-he can't defend or stop him.

My apologies if this has been answered before, would the boys be checked for sexual abuse when SP was arrested? Were there pictures of them in this mess of pictures? Any alarms? Guess we wait. Oh my. Josh sure had enough to me if incestuous pictures were found. gah..But were the boys checked? mo

Charlie's drawing is so disturbing. May they rest in peace with their mom. #findsusan

My apologies if this has been answered before, would the boys be checked for sexual abuse when SP was arrested? Were there pictures of them in this mess of pictures? Any alarms? Guess we wait. Oh my. Josh sure had enough to me if incestuous pictures were found. gah..But were the boys checked? mo

Charlie's drawing is so disturbing. May they rest in peace with their mom. #findsusan

The children were placed with their Maternal Grandparents (Cox's) after SP was arrested, and had there been any signs of sexual abuse (ie: bruising/infections/tears/open sores etc) I am positive they would have had the children seen by a qualified physician.

Not all sexual abuse of a child causes outward evidence of abuse.

Utah did not pick up the children, nor did they share info (w/ Wash. CPS)about the hundreds of cartoon *advertiser censored* images on his computer until just days before the final court hearing where the Judge ordered a psycho-sexual eval of Josh.

By the time Utah brought up these concerns w/Wash. CPS . . .the train was well down the track towards returning the children their Father fulltime. Since his sham house (and Gpa SP being in jail) appeared to be the solution for removing the threat of Gpa SP's inappropriate images on his computer (which was all that Washington State had for risk of harm to the children). Furthermore, Josh could argue that the problem (Utah toon *advertiser censored*) was no longer a risk to the children - as it was years ago.

After reading the sealed warrants that were released . . . I am even more convinced that this child's drawing speaks volumes about child sexual abuse! I no longer will hold out hope that this drawing depicted an axe or a child at a desk or a dog. . . . the evidence shows that Susan knew SP was a pedophile and didn't want Josh associating with him. Furthermore, she left the "last will and testament" clearly outlining she believed Josh was capable and willing to kill her to keep her from raising the children without him. I will now forever hold WVPD accountable for the lack of appropriate responses to save these children from their untimely demise. I believe WVPD PLACED these boys directly in the path of danger so that they could solve their case of a missing person with a nice neat bow on top. Utah LE didn't care that the boys were compromised so that "they" could "look good" when their case was air tight. I am so angry with Utah LE right now . . . there was all of the evidence and they chose to ignore the welfare and safety of these two precious little boys. Anger . . . .rage . . . sickness . . . sadness. . . . there are so many words . . . yet none that encompasses all the emotions I am feeling. I am so very sorry that Charlie, Braden, Susan and the Cox family were hogtied and gagged (so to speak) so that LE could have a pretty little package to present to court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back