New Girl Kidnapped In Spain/portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is, not the use of the photo per se, but the not asking or checking with the family. Kate and Gerry would not want their daughter's photo used on just any public campaign, or by anyone, no matter how well-intentioned, without permission. Think of a politician using Madeleine's photo in their campaign materials, to promote their claims and pledges to be the person to do more for children. What parent would want their child's image or photo used without their permission?

I am surprised they did not get permission or talk to the parents first before publishing the photos together.
It just shows that they are detached from it and talking to the parents was an afterthought.

I think it was most important to them to make a gesture towards doing something, rather than really trying to find these kids.

It just shows that they are detached from it and talking to the parents was an afterthought.

I think it was most important to them to make a gesture towards doing something, rather than really trying to find these kids.

Very possibly true.

And also possible, the McCanns are afflicted with the same attitude as many upper-income professionals, that what they think best, is best for everyone.

Now they help with a poster and already this guy ( from a " poor gipsey family " ) is ready with a law suir - wonder if sees some cash coming his way

Interesting how quick you are to judge this man's intentions having his own daughter missing...yet you seem to defend every explanation the Mc Canns give about how the money of the fund is being used. :rolleyes: But oh, I forget. This man is probably hardly educated and "poor" which automatically makes him a money-hungry guy. He is not Mr. Gerry and Mrs. Mc Cann, the immaculate doctors that just because they have money, everybody makes excuses for them. :rolleyes:

Interesting how quick you are to judge this man's intentions having his own daughter missing...yet you seem to defend every explanation the Mc Canns give about how the money of the fund is being used. :rolleyes: But oh, I forget. This man is probably hardly educated and "poor" which automatically makes him a money-hungry guy. He is not Mr. Gerry and Mrs. Mc Cann, the immaculate doctors that just because they have money, everybody makes excuses for them. :rolleyes:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AWESOME!!!!!, I mean really...just awesome. Thank you for pointing that out.

t
Now they help with a poster and already this guy ( from a " poor gipsey family " ) is ready with a law suir - wonder if sees some cash coming his way :rolleyes:

Gord, not really worthy of you, I think. Poor, "gypsy" does not always mean, wants cash coming their way.

When "help" comes without so much as the courtesy of a phone call/request for permission, then it does tend to breed resentment and anger. The "They should be grateful" attitude usually originates with arrogance and a superior attitude, rather than a genuine sense of equality in a mutual situation.

so here we have it the Mccaans are now being slated for trying to help in anothercase - where most of the posters here were criticising them for not sharing the fund

Whatever it doesnt really matter does it . We will see what the guys law suit wants when and if it materialises

But just consider his daughter is still missing and he is launching a law suit because the Mccans produced a poster - and everyone here is defending him - is he looking for his daughter ? no he is too busy taking out law suits

I can imagine your reaction if it were the otherway round - !

Pity that this little girl won't have the advantage of millions of dollars worth of publicity.

this poor family won't have the luxury of millionaire backup and publicity in order to find their little girl. I wonder how they will cope, they must be going through absolute hell.

( just adding) /I was wondering, will the McCann’s offer the family of the missing five year old girl any financial help from the £1,223,629 in Madeleine’s fund?

The McCanns have contacted the family of this missing girl:

How sad, these poor ppl have lost their little girl and it seems there will be no help for them from the fund. What chance have they got in finding little Mari Luz Cortes ?

Why hasn't someone come forward to help these poor parents find their beloved daughter, it just doesn't seem fair.

Because probably they are not wealthy doctors with wealthy friends like the Mc Canns. I know, should be all the opposite, shouldn't be? Not in real life.

Exactly Sleuthmom , unlike the McCanns, these ppl have absolutely nothing! They are Gypsies , they have no Billionaire benefactors to back them , no money and it seems very little help! I pray that this little girl will be reunited with her family.

Yep, the bold and the beautiful. It makes me sick. Dont take me wrong, I feel pain over the disappearance of little Madeleine, at the same time it makes me want to vomit to know that those people who are truly in need of financial support are not able to get it. What makes me even more sick is that those who receive financial help as the Mc Canns (in the million of dollars!) seem to think is never enough and continue (bold face) asking for more!

Well said, an ethnic gypsy family living in a very poor social area of Huelva, doesn't make the same impact as a wealthy couple of doctors, who left their children alone night after night. Sad but true.

all of the above are direct quotes from this thread alone about the fact the McCanns were not helping/involving the fund in trying to assist the Spanish Family

how things change in a matter of a few pages !!

Pity that this little girl won't have the advantage of millions of dollars worth of publicity.

this poor family won't have the luxury of millionaire backup and publicity in order to find their little girl. I wonder how they will cope, they must be going through absolute hell.

( just adding) /I was wondering, will the McCann’s offer the family of the missing five year old girl any financial help from the £1,223,629 in Madeleine’s fund?

The McCanns have contacted the family of this missing girl:

How sad, these poor ppl have lost their little girl and it seems there will be no help for them from the fund. What chance have they got in finding little Mari Luz Cortes ?

Why hasn't someone come forward to help these poor parents find their beloved daughter, it just doesn't seem fair.

Because probably they are not wealthy doctors with wealthy friends like the Mc Canns. I know, should be all the opposite, shouldn't be? Not in real life.

Exactly Sleuthmom , unlike the McCanns, these ppl have absolutely nothing! They are Gypsies , they have no Billionaire benefactors to back them , no money and it seems very little help! I pray that this little girl will be reunited with her family.

Yep, the bold and the beautiful. It makes me sick. Dont take me wrong, I feel pain over the disappearance of little Madeleine, at the same time it makes me want to vomit to know that those people who are truly in need of financial support are not able to get it. What makes me even more sick is that those who receive financial help as the Mc Canns (in the million of dollars!) seem to think is never enough and continue (bold face) asking for more!

Well said, an ethnic gypsy family living in a very poor social area of Huelva, doesn't make the same impact as a wealthy couple of doctors, who left their children alone night after night. Sad but true.

all of the above are direct quotes from this thread alone about the fact the McCanns were not helping/involving the fund in trying to assist the Spanish Family

how things change in a matter of a few pages !!

Gord, you really should get out more :D

Do we even know any of this is true? Did Mr. Luz hold a press conference where he publicly stated he's filing a law suit? Does he speak English, Portuguese, or Spanish? Could there have been language barriers and/or faulty translation from Spanish to Portuguese to English? Gord, I'm surprised you even commented on this at all. Unlike you to cast the first stone. Need some Windex? :) ah shucks...just kiddin :)

Do we even know any of this is true? Did Mr. Luz hold a press conference where he publicly stated he's filing a law suit? Does he speak English, Portuguese, or Spanish? Could there have been language barriers and/or faulty translation from Spanish to Portuguese to English? Gord, I'm surprised you even commented on this at all. Unlike you to cast the first stone. Need some Windex? :) ah shucks...just kiddin :)

a little role reversal it seems has happened . It is amusing how everyone maintains their staus quo no matter what happens

I suppose we all can be guilty of sticking to party lines at times

so here we have it the Mccaans are now being slated for trying to help in anothercase - where most of the posters here were criticising them for not sharing the fund

Whatever it doesnt really matter does it . We will see what the guys law suit wants when and if it materialises

But just consider his daughter is still missing and he is launching a law suit because the Mccans produced a poster - and everyone here is defending him - is he looking for his daughter ? no he is too busy taking out law suits

I can imagine your reaction if it were the otherway round - !

Totally agree gord,spot on.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gord, the funny thing is...there IS a possibility that this guy wants money. I am not defending him at all but pointing out (what you have not answer) how quick YOU was in jumping all over the guy because of the alleged law suit yet you defended every expense of the Mc Canns and their fund. Why?

This is to show the true perceptions of people:

"poor gypsie family"= Money-hungry
"Wealthy, white doctors"= Acceptable

:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Gypsy family has a brain, so maybe they also think that the McCanns could be guilty and want nothing to do with them or their work. I don't see what's wrong with having their own countryman, their police, and fellow citizens look for their daughter and arrange the international help. The McCanns don't have the right to use their daughter's pic in my opinion. Does anyone know if the Gypsy family are the traditional type Gypsy who settled in different countries and tend to not trust outsiders?

I'm sure the Gypsy family has a brain, so maybe they also think that the McCanns could be guilty and want nothing to do with them or their work. I don't see what's wrong with having their own countryman, their police, and fellow citizens look for their daughter and arrange the international help. The McCanns don't have the right to use their daughter's pic in my opinion. Does anyone know if the Gypsy family are the traditional type Gypsy who settled in different countries and tend to not trust outsiders?

Quite possible, good point.

And for all I know, this family expected more from the McCanns in terms of "support--" they felt they should get actual cash rather than publicity.

The Fund should, or does have, an attorney on retainer. The McCanns should have been advised (or whoever made the decision to include the other little girl's photo) that they needed a signed release from the parents.

I'm not faulting the McCanns for including the child's photo at all, but not getting written permission is unfathomable to me. That's what protects the McCanns from people then turning around and threatening to sue.

Actually, I think it was quite smart of Mari's family to throw a fit. And maybe even file a lawsuit (although I would probably think they were vile, if they did that). The bottom line is that it keeps Mari in the news. Everything that has anything to do with the McCanns gets published. By stirring up the dust over the poster, Mari's family has managed to get her name back in the headlines.

If it was my daughter, I would do or say anything to stay in the paper, unfortunately for me, the papers probably wouldn't care unless I could attach my misfortune to the McCanns.

I do have to wonder though, why Mari's family would be upset. It's about finding their daughter, right? Whatever it takes, right? So why the upset over the posters? Personally, I find that bothersome.

Salem

It is odd that the family threw a fit about the child's photo being on the poster, also.

I'm not entirely convinced about the authenticity of that child being kidnapped by stranger(s) as well--

Kidnappings are not always what they seem. In the United States, many illegal immigrants are finding their relatives--even children--targets of kidnappings. They are taken because the person/family still owes money to the coyote, or person who smuggled them across the border.

This could be the same kind of business deal gone bad. Or not. But fitting every child abduction with the simple template of "stranger/pedophile abduction" doesn't work for every missing child.

Gord, the funny thing is...there IS a possibility that this guy wants money. I am not defending him at all but pointing out (what you have not answer) how quick YOU was in jumping all over the guy because of the alleged law suit yet you defended every expense of the Mc Canns and their fund. Why?

This is to show the true perceptions of people:

"poor gypsie family"= Money-hungry
"Wealthy, white doctors"= Acceptable

:rolleyes:

If you had read one of my posts - you would have seen I did admit that we all can be guilty of sticking to party lines - and I did mean myself as well

To answer your question more directly I suppose that on this site the Mccans get slated so badly on just about everything that as a matter of just balance I tend to " defend " them as you put it.

I have stated before that to me it doesnt really concern me how the fund is spent ( of course if it became clear the fund was being embezelled into private accounts I might change my opinion )

People were not forced to donate - and I am of the opinion that by donating - you are doing that just donating - it dosent give you the right to have a say in exactly how it is spent.

It seems that fund administrators are doing their best . The Mccans are not the administrators . The fund will have to submit accounts sometime this year -

People might think Metado 3 is a waste of money or printing posters useless fine -

But I still maintain that IF Mari's father has issued proceedings to stop the poster being displayed then that is just plain wrong - regardless if teh lawyers didnt get a final signature -

anyway another day gone and still nothing seems to happen

Of course it matters how the fund is spent Gord….but deffo NOT wasting it on wild goose chases ! Who knows what the truth is, I have read so much stuff in the last 9 months that my head is spinning :confused: .....

Without going in to realms of he said and she said stuff, we all know that much of the money wasn’t spent how donators would have liked it to have been spent. I have read on the Mirror Madeleine forum which is no longer (now deleted) how ppl who had given to the fund just weren’t happy.

What I do care about, and I know I am not alone when I say this, is how this case has exceeded any other case in living memory regarding the publicity and funding and backing from all areas. I have NEVER in all my life seen anything like it. That is why ppl are disgruntled and up in arms.

I posted earlier about this other little girl called Shannon http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3406043.ece who has been missing since Tuesday…ONLY 9 YEARS OLD.
Now, do you think that Shannon will receive any kind of the pumped up publicity that Madeleine has received….NO!

I wish with all of my heart that Madeleine would be found...I know that speaks for everyone here...and at the end of the day, that is really ALL that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix