New Grand Jury?

remember the timing? Steve Thomas submitted his resignation letter to the media....the media started buzzing around the Governor at the time...and a few days later, they called a GJ. IMO, it was done to get the media off the Governor's back.

gretchen said:
No way will the Ramsey case ever go before the Grand Jury again. I have lost all hope that this case will be legally solved. I will say, however, my God is a knowing God, and nothing escapes Him.

There's also an unsolved case of an 86-year old man that was killed at a convenience store/gas station--GJ could be for that, as well as other crimes.

A political move?

Kinda like the legal blackmail agreement Hunter and Smit had. The timing there tells it all

This is what the GJ is investigating....

BOULDER — A grand jury is investigating the Longmont homicide of 86-year-old Charles Wilson.

Boulder County chief trial deputy Bryan Quiram confirmed Thursday that a grand jury was convened Feb. 9 in Boulder to examine evidence in the 2003 slaying of the gas station clerk at Peerless Tyre, 1380 S. Main St.

“The general purpose of the grand jury is to investigate the Charles Wilson homicide,” Quiram said.

~~~SNIP~~~

Details of grand jury proceedings fall under strict secrecy rules, and almost all people associated with the case Thursday declined to comment about the details of the investigation.

Longmont police Chief Mike Butler also would not comment on the grand jury but said he hoped the investigation would come to a conclusion soon.

Wilson, of Erie, was found dead in a small attendant’s booth early in the morning of Feb. 13, 2003, but police believe he was shot in the abdomen late Feb. 12.

Police initially labeled David Rodriguez, 22, as their main suspect but last November said their focus had changed to Ervey Delval, 20.

Delval was a passenger in Rodriguez’s Chevrolet Suburban, which was pulled over at a Loaf ’N Jug convenience store, 200 Lashley St., about 12:30 a.m. Feb. 13 for driving with expired license plates, according to police.

Rodriguez was arrested for lying to police about his identity and on an unrelated assault warrant.

A box of .25-caliber bullets and a holster were found in Rodriguez’s vehicle, according to police.

Wilson was found dead at about 4:45 a.m. Feb. 13, after family members asked officers to check on him after he was hours late coming home from his shift at the station. Detectives believe he was killed between 9 p.m. and midnight Feb. 12.

Rodriguez is still reportedly living in Longmont. Police believe Delval has fled to Mexico. Calls to Rodriguez’s last known address went unreturned Thursday.

Earhart said detectives have investigated the theory that Delval shot Wilson and that Rodriguez drove the getaway vehicle — a Chevrolet Silverado — to a relative’s house before driving away in the Suburban that was later pulled over.

~~~SNIP~~~

No gun has been recovered in the investigation.

In early February, police handed over the case to Quiram, the prosecutor leading the grand jury.

When taking over the case, Quiram said, “Sometimes, you come to a point where a couple of extra heads really aren’t a bad thing.”

Those heads are now a grand jury of 12 men and women and four alternates.

Grand juries are rare in Boulder County. The last one made public was empanelled in 1998 to investigate the JonBenet Ramsey homicide. It was dissolved in October 1999 with no indictments.

Former chief trial deputy Trip DeMuth said Thursday that Boulder County convenes a grand jury once every five years “on average.”

DeMuth, who retired in 2000 after 17 years as a prosecutor, said grand juries in Boulder County have been mainly used for drug cases and homicides.

Prosecutors, DeMuth said, have a great influence over grand juries because they are the only attorneys allowed to speak to the panel, except for lawyers subpoenaed to testify.

“There is a saying: ‘A prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich,’” DeMuth said. “As a general rule, the grand jury will follow the recommendation of the prosecutor.”

~~~SNIP~~~
I tried the hyperlink, but it took me to today's Daily Times Call instead of yesterday's.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4784

This is where I originally posted the story.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back