New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll paraphrase for you ozazure ...
Billie is now saying;

"Shawn lied about everything, he did not turn his coveralls in, they have NEVER been found, yet Shawn says they were. Monday morning Shawn dropped me off at work wearing a t-shirt and jeans, David said when he got home Monday, Shawn was wearing coveralls. Shawn lied and said he was at his Mom's all day Tuesday, he never even went to Big Springs Tuesday, he was riding around in Dunn all day. Why?

Shawn's uncle came all the way from Houston and back the same day on Tuesday, why? Why didn't Shawn make an appearance at his Gma's on Tuesday, since he was in Dunn all day"?

Supposedly, Shawn also told Billie he saw his Uncle kill someone once.
Remember that press conference Billie held in her front yard? The one where she created and handed out her own timeline of events? She states in that timeline, that she got a ride to work on Monday from a co-worker. Strike one Billie ...

http://media.reporternews.com/media/static/Billie_Dunn_Timeline.pdf

I'll paraphrase for you ozazure ...
Remember that press conference Billie held in her front yard? The one where she created and handed out her own timeline of events? She states in that timeline, that she got a ride to work on Monday from a co-worker. Strike one Billie ...

http://media.reporternews.com/media/static/Billie_Dunn_Timeline.pdf

Which is what I meant about at a certain point, a person who's in the habit of spinning everything loses track of what the truth is. She probably believed both contradictory statements at the time she made them, and couldn't say any more which of them is true -- assuming either of them is.

Which is what I meant about at a certain point, a person who's in the habit of spinning everything loses track of what the truth is. She probably believed both contradictory statements at the time she made them, and couldn't say any more which of them is true -- assuming either of them is.

Then maybe she shouldnt blame LE for not finding her daughter if she cant remember the truth that may help them.

how do you not remember what happened the day your child went missing?

Well, it was allmost two years ago. When she was doing whatever she was doing that day, she didnt know that her daughter was missing, so it would have been unremarkable. It would surprising if anything accurate was remembered, it fact it would be suspicious.

The coveralls certainly seem key, they come up repeatedly in early interviews and now this is where Billie starts to unravel Shawn's story. Shawn believes CCTV can prove he left without coveralls (link). I think that Shawn took careful measures, and stuff like the couch being hauled off, poor LE attention in the earliest days did him a huge favour.

I have no words for Billie Dunn. The only time I heard genuine emotion from her was anger over Shawn's fidelity, she summons up a pale imitation for her "give back what god gave me" lines, and it's only now she is spurned by him that she potentially shares information that implicates him.

Well, it was allmost two years ago. When she was doing whatever she was doing that day, she didnt know that her daughter was missing, so it would have been unremarkable. It would surprising if anything accurate was remembered, it fact it would be suspicious.

No, Tugela. I can't let you get away with this one. I am twice her age and can remember how I got to work everyday last week. She repeated her original timeline multiple times to LE and media. she said on fb that LE required her to start a diary of events beginning on the 25th. (however, she flippantly said, she didn't know where the diary was-but that's a whole different convo). she hasn't forgotten where she was that week.

Then maybe she shouldnt blame LE for not finding her daughter if she cant remember the truth that may help them.

THAT is certainly true. But she has to blame somebody, otherwise she might have to start thinking about blaming herself.

I am in no way saying she's a nice person. But that by itself doesn't mean she had any role in whatever happened to her daughter. That's something no mother should have to go through.

And, y'know, I kind of have to wonder whether that emotional coldness is normal for her, or if she's still more or less in shock and the numbness is a way to protect herself. Now that the shock is starting to wear off, maybe she's starting to admit Sean's role.

Maybe she is just narcissistic, I don't know -- but I've known way way worse narcissists. And even if she is, and even if she's lying, that does not by itself, in the absence of other evidence, mean she had any role in whatever happened to her daughter. That's something no mother should have to go through.

No, Tugela. I can't let you get away with this one. I am twice her age and can remember how I got to work everyday last week. She repeated her original timeline multiple times to LE and media. she said on fb that LE required her to start a diary of events beginning on the 25th. (however, she flippantly said, she didn't know where the diary was-but that's a whole different convo). she hasn't forgotten where she was that week.

The THANKS button is not enough here. We hear stories of mothers whose children have gone missing many many years ago and they can still tell you what transpired years late. If your child goes missing and you have no clue what happened, you start reliving EVERY SINGLE MOMENT until you can come up with something.

I did not know this latest statement from Billie. I am on the fence weather she had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. After about two weeks I was sure Shawn had something to do with it, just not sure what.

I still think this story about Odessa may have SOME (and I use that word very loosely!) truth to it. I can see Shawn going back to CC and getting Hailey and taking her to someone. Hence-no DNA. I don't know what the truth is here but I sure do think Billie did not help in her lies to LE. I am surprised she would admit that too.

I have always had a problem with the story of how she got to work. She mentioned it several times about having to call a co-worker to come get her and now she says Shawn took her? How could he take her (unless she went to work before 6AM) if he was at work at 6 and left at 6:15. She has to be at work at 7. A always wondered why she didn't meet him on the way back? Lots of holes in all her stories.

I do think the truth will come out one of these days tho. It may be years but I think Hailey will be found, I am sad to say.

Now that Billie is at odds with Shawn (which she also made clear on those Blog Talk Radio ramble-fests), law enforcement needs to to re-question her and see what happens. They did it after Hailey went missing, seems like they could do it again now. Yeah, Billie could lawyer up and clam up but it's definitely worth a shot.

Umm it would be suspicious to remember how she got to work the last day she saw her daughter? I would have thought she would have remembered every moment of that day tbh :(

If your child went missing, I would think every detail of the time leading up to that event would be burned in your memory. I would not find it suspicious for a parent to remember even the most inconsequential details.

Kaine Horman remembers every single detail of the night preceding Kyron's disappearance, as well as the next morning he left for work.

I guess we have to ask ourselves why, at this point Billie is throwing Shawn under the bus? She defended him to the point it seemed she valued her relationship with him, over her own daughter. Poor Hailey, I just can't imagine having Billie Dunn as a Mother.

The coveralls certainly seem key, they come up repeatedly in early interviews and now this is where Billie starts to unravel Shawn's story. Shawn believes CCTV can prove he left without coveralls (link). I think that Shawn took careful measures, and stuff like the couch being hauled off, poor LE attention in the earliest days did him a huge favour.

I have no words for Billie Dunn. The only time I heard genuine emotion from her was anger over Shawn's fidelity, she summons up a pale imitation for her "give back what god gave me" lines, and it's only now she is spurned by him that she potentially shares information that implicates him.

Yep, the importance of those coveralls; Billie saying she washed them the night before. Shawn saying he took them to work that morning and turned them in. Such an insignificant detail to focus on, and to this day still be talking about?

Beyond the obvious reason to wear them (to protect clothing from blood). Is there something else that could connect Shawn to Hailey's disappearance which relates to the coveralls?

If your child went missing, I would think every detail of the time leading up to that event would be burned in your memory. I would not find it suspicious for a parent to remember even the most inconsequential details.

Kaine Horman remembers every single detail of the night preceding Kyron's disappearance, as well as the next morning he left for work.

I guess we have to ask ourselves why, at this point Billie is throwing Shawn under the bus? She defended him to the point it seemed she valued her relationship with him, over her own daughter. Poor Hailey, I just can't imagine having Billie Dunn as a Mother.

Because he trashed her first and she was in a temper at him so just decided to throw him under the bus?

Yep, the importance of those coveralls; Billie saying she washed them the night before. Shawn saying he took them to work that morning and turned them in. Such an insignificant detail to focus on, and to this day still be talking about?

Beyond the obvious reason to wear them (to protect clothing from blood). Is there something else that could connect Shawn to Hailey's disappearance which relates to the coveralls?

Why whenever Shawn has said he handed te coveralls in that morning has Billie never said once thats a lie he had them on that afternoon?

I have to agree that memory would be burned into her brain ... even if Hailey had not gone missing, if for some reason you were questioned about a random day, say March 6th 2004, and you did a lie detector test, wrote your own timeline, spoke about it on tv and so on, you'd remember from going over it so many times. She was lying then or she is lying now.

Now add the life changing nature of those two days. Who drove you to the hospital to have your baby and who took you home again? I'd say there are not many mothers among us who can't retrieve that information pretty easily, and if you can, Billie can remember how she got to work the day her daughter went missing IMO.

Now add the life changing nature of those two days. Who drove you to the hospital to have your baby and who took you home again? I'd say there are not many mothers among us who can't retrieve that information pretty easily, and if you can, Billie can remember how she got to work the day her daughter went missing IMO.

Excellent example

“Shawn left before I did. Sometimes he had to be at work at seven. Sometimes he had to be there earlier, so he went in before me. He left around 5:30, whenever I was getting up to get ready for work. I was riding with a friend that day. She had actually got put on call, and forgot about me, so I had to call her and remind her."-Billie Dunn.

I had forgotten about the above, we did discuss this way back when. The details are pretty specific. Truth or Lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500