New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of Ector County Coliseum...

This is behind the coliseum pic dated 10/19/12
bilde

This all sounds very dubious to me.

Me too.

But if it is true, a complicating factor could be that the ponds behind the coliseum appear to be aeration lagoons, which treat water by letting all the solids in the water settle out to the bottom of the pond. Eventually the sludge builds up on the bottom of the pond, so the pond is drained, and the sludge removed and carted somewhere else. It may not be a frequent thing, it usually takes many years, even decades, for enough sludge to build up in the bottom of the pond. So a key factor in determining whether a body was in the pond or not would be knowing when the bottom of the pond was last removed and where the sludge from the bottom was sent.

Also, the bottom of these ponds don't have much oxygen when they are filled with water so a body might decay very slowly if it is at the bottom of one.

Me too.

But if it is true, a complicating factor could be that the ponds behind the coliseum appear to be aeration lagoons, which treat water by letting all the solids in the water settle out to the bottom of the pond. Eventually the sludge builds up on the bottom of the pond, so the pond is drained, and the sludge removed and carted somewhere else. It may not be a frequent thing, it usually takes many years, even decades, for enough sludge to build up in the bottom of the pond. So a key factor in determining whether a body was in the pond or not would be knowing when the bottom of the pond was last removed and where the sludge from the bottom was sent.

Also, the bottom of these ponds don't have much oxygen when they are filled with water so a body might decay very slowly if it is at the bottom of one.

Great information..thank you. I have been googling and searching what exactly those ponds are. I see on the satellite image that the gates to the pond are wide open, just an observation. I wonder if there has been any cut gate locks or broken fences that have had to be repaired.

Could divers go into this pond and look????

Great information..thank you. I have been googling and searching what exactly those ponds are. I see on the satellite image that the gates to the pond are wide open, just an observation. I wonder if there has been any cut gate locks or broken fences that have had to be repaired.

Could divers go into this pond and look????

I think they would probably just drain the pond.

Me too.

At the ponds in our City, this is done annually. The liquids are pumped to the ponds and through evaporation, the liquid turns to solids. In early fall the ponds are cleaned and the sludge is brought to the landfill. We use it to as a vegetative soil amendment, for the new slopes built the previous year.

The process involves dumping the sludge in rows in our soil borrow pit area. We then rip through it with our tractor into the native soil below it. It is then loaded into trucks and dumped near the edge of the slopes. The tractor then spreads it roughly 6" thick.

Sorry, I have explained this process to schools and community groups, lol. My point in saying this; chances are, at some point during this process bones would be visible. Not saying for sure, but with all the moving of the sludge, something white would be eye catching.

ETA-Decomp would occur more rapidly, not slowly.

if the woman was expecting "a shorter sentence", then why did she send her confession to her family rather than just telling LE. Possibly, she was just trying to create drama and didn't realize letter would be turned over to LE? LE got letter and offered her shorter sentence to tell more? Your thoughts?

At the ponds in our City, this is done annually. The liquids are pumped to the ponds and through evaporation, the liquid turns to solids. In early fall the ponds are cleaned and the sludge is brought to the landfill. We use it to as a vegetative soil amendment, for the new slopes built the previous year.

The process involves dumping the sludge in rows in our soil borrow pit area. We then rip through it with our tractor into the native soil below it. It is then loaded into trucks and dumped near the edge of the slopes. The tractor then spreads it roughly 6" thick.

Sorry, I have explained this process to schools and community groups, lol. My point in saying this; chances are, at some point during this process bones would be visible. Not saying for sure, but with all the moving of the sludge, something white would be eye catching.

ETA-Decomp would occur more rapidly, not slowly.
Thanks for the info.

I'm still a little unclear on whether the conditions at the bottom of the ponds would slow down decomposition or not. In college as a geologist, I was taught that the best conditions for fossil preservation would be anaerobic environments, like at the bottom of these ponds, mainly because the decomposing type of microorganisms don't like low oxygen environments. But a search shows that there may be studies which call that into question, that it might be the same for aerobic or anaerobic environments.

It also seems to depend on the type of microorganisms present - there are probably different types present at the bottom of wastewater ponds than in normal lakes or rivers. I surely don't know enough about how bodies decompose or wastewater to figure that out.

I am just plain disgusted. Remember a "city manager" was the dude in charge. Of course we don't know what all has been done by LE to find Hailey or to figure out who took her (seemed pretty obvious) but ALL the characters were and ARE shady. Most of them have good reason to want to make money and here we have a cute young girl.... you get the picture.

And the dogs hit on the motel.

Hailey disappeared Dec 2010, and supposedly died in January 2011. Searches centered around CC and Snyder for several months. Odessa was close enough to be aware of it, but really how many people pay attn....

I can easily see someone putting her in a dumpster near the Coliseum, or even out in the oil fields nearby. There is nothing out there but brush and coyotes.

if the woman was expecting "a shorter sentence", then why did she send her confession to her family rather than just telling LE. Possibly, she was just trying to create drama and didn't realize letter would be turned over to LE? LE got letter and offered her shorter sentence to tell more? Your thoughts?

She spoke to the FBI first, according to the KTAB video.

Dumpster ... had not thought of that ARW. A Colosseum would surely have lots and lots of recyclables and trash
icon9.gif

If there is any truth to the things she put in this letter, maybe someone else will develop a conscience and spill some more details. Highly doubtful if they were bad enough to be involved, but maybe someone who was not so involved, but was a friend of a friend of a friend, will now think it is time to tell what they know. Wonder if this person is talking now or has backed off. I agree it sounds like she felt safe to do this behind bars. Poor Hailey. Been wondering what all of the "key people" in this little girl's life have been doing lately since things have been so quiet.

I feel this person might be out there somewhat too, but I also feel that she must have some pretty good information if LE has allowed the news media to release this information. If they thought she was a drugged out whacko i don't think they would have allowed it to be this big of a deal. I don't know, just throwing some "stuff" out there to try and make a little sense out of this new information.

For those of you who have been with this case from the beginning....do you remember CD wanting to try and get enough money for gas to go to Odessa and pass out posters because of a tip from there? Someone said they saw Hailey on a street corner didn't they? Makes me sad if she was really there and no one could find her.

Breaks my heart if this is really true, but I have my doubts.

Conflicting information seems to be the status quo with the CCPD and has been since the beginning. I have no confidence in them whatsoever.

This report says, "Colorado City Police tell us they investigated this letter and determined the allegations to be unfounded. However, the District Attorney's office, tells us the letter has value and they are still looking into certain elements that are providing valuable information.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=542272

Then this report says, "He said his office, Colorado City police, the FBI, the 32nd Judicial District attorney's office and Texas Rangers have pored over the letter and interviewed those who might be familiar with its contents.

"So far, nothing has come out of it," Toombs said, adding, "If there had been a big break," information would have been released to the public.

http://http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=542272

Hmm. Maybe what they're saying is that it's not related to Hailey but still is useful if it could be another child. :waitasec:

FYI, I think LE knows exactly who is responsible for Hailey's disappearance.

Hmm. Maybe what they're saying is that it's not related to Hailey but still is useful if it could be another child. :waitasec:

FYI, I think LE knows exactly who is responsible for Hailey's disappearance.

Could be.....
The news channel for Midland/Odessa lead off with this new development, the reward was quoted at $30,000. I'm hoping that this will be encouragement for anyone with more information.
I must say I find it sickening that a woman out of Odessa has come up with this story of a young girl being held captive and did not notify authorities immediately. I realize drugs can dull the senses but I did not realize drug use made one inhuman.

I feel this person might be out there somewhat too, but I also feel that she must have some pretty good information if LE has allowed the news media to release this information. If they thought she was a drugged out whacko i don't think they would have allowed it to be this big of a deal. I don't know, just throwing some "stuff" out there to try and make a little sense out of this new information.

For those of you who have been with this case from the beginning....do you remember CD wanting to try and get enough money for gas to go to Odessa and pass out posters because of a tip from there? Someone said they saw Hailey on a street corner didn't they? Makes me sad if she was really there and no one could find her.
Connie Jones on Nancy Grace Jan 13 2011:

GRACE: Can you tell us about the sighting?

JONES: He said that they were on the side of the road with a sign, and he said that they (INAUDIBLE) dog and she thought the sign said dogs for sale. And so she stopped and the signs said please help with food or money. And she gave them $5. And she said she was positive that it was Hailey.

GRACE: Who was she with?

JONES: A younger -- a younger man, like maybe in his early 20s, late teens or something.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Clint on NG Jan 18 2011:

CLINT DUNN: I went to Odessa. I had a tip somebody may have seen Hailey, and I went to Odessa on Midland (ph) Street and Wall (ph) Street. And I interviewed a lot of people and walked up and down the streets, passing out fliers, talking to everybody. And it turned out to be a girl - - I never found her, but everybody said that she looked much older than 13.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

Horrible thought but what if it were one of their drug dealers that took her?

Woman Speaks Out On What She Says Happened To Hailey Dunn

Sonjia Rene Callahan called KTAB news from a federal prison in East Texas. With only limited time to talk we asked her to tell us what she knew right away.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=542762

Nothing she said in that interview persuades me it was Hailey. Shorts, a white t-shirt and flip flops ...

She is still not giving up anything that is specific to Hailey. In another article, she said she tried to help her. That means she went back to this house more than once? Saw her more than once? Talked to her? What did she say?

The pink and white tennis shoes and flip flops were all over the news. Which ended up being found in her closet?

I wonder if this person would take a LDT and/or voice stress analysis on her allegation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500