New Ownership

Tricia said:
So far it seems going public is winning the vote.
How sad. As Jayelles said, WS has always been a higher class forum then any of the others on the net. Now it looks like that is about to come to an end.

Oh well, I guess the only thing that can be said at this point is to thank River for making WS the best JBR forum on the net. It was great while it lasted and we certainly got many years of serious Ramsey case discussion out of it.

I don't think for a moment that ja_meson's followers aren't keeping her up to date with discussions here. She may even be reading her herself, but she cannot acknowledge anything she reads/hears about here as long as we are private without compromising those posters who are members of both forums.

I also recall that when we went private, the membership soared. What is there to gain from going public? There are several public boards of which many of us are members.

If you are counting votes, please don't count mine. The members who have been here and posted regularly are the ones who should have the strongest voice. Mine was a suggestion more than a vote. I don't think any forum concerning the Ramseys should be hidden from view because I think the idea is to keep the pressure on Boulder to do the right thing. A private forum doesn't do that. OTOH, I suppose there are those who don't want their viewpoints made public, and I understand that, too.

It's your forum, Tricia, do what you think is best.

It's not a case of not wanting viewpoints made public. I post my viewpoints regularly on public boards but there were strong reasons for this board being made private. ja_meson very much wanted to take this board down. She harassed the servers to the extent that we were unable to even mention her name yet at the same time, she was thumbing her nose at us whilst copying and pasting our posts to her forum. Despite the fact that she had said that she would remove such posts if the authors objected, she did not when we did.

She's always had a bee in her bonnet about the (Real) Websleuths but we've had no trouble that I'm aware of since the forum went private.

Being private offers a degree of protection which I for one have appreciated. "In the main", our posts do not get copied and pasted to that place where we cannot respond without first paying $50.

Good point, Jayelles. If ******* put our posts on her forum against our wishes, we'd have to pay fifty bucks to join her forum in order to object...or email her, which would give her access to our email addresses.

imo

that argument may have been legit under recent leadership, but Tricia owns her own server, and once the forum has been transferred to her server, said forum owner or anyone else can complain all she wants. One thought might be to wait until the transfer it made to make the forum public, if that is what is decided. It's just a suggestion.

Edited to say I should have read your post a little more carefully. J_meson steals my posts regularly, and I know she steals yours from other forums. A look at her forum might explain why - it's in rigor mortis, so she has to steal posts to make it look like there's some action there. I just hate to see the wonderful posts here kept under wraps. Let that one stew and steam, when she steals your posts, you know you've hit a sore spot.

Watching you said:
that argument may have been legit under recent leadership, but Tricia owns her own server, and once the forum has been transferred to her server, said forum owner or anyone else can complain all she wants.
I would think it's the opposite of that argument that is more important--WS contacting HER server.
Right now, the *advertiser censored* cannot copy posts from here because those posts are copyright. If she steals them a multitude of threatening letters can be sent to HER server. She knows this and that's why she hasn't copied anything from here since it went private. She doesn't want to be forced to move her forum again because of copyright violations. Anyone who actually thinks the *advertiser censored* doesn't lurk here needs to grow a brain. It's killing her that she can't reply to any of the issues discussed here.

Taking this forum public will accomplish only TWO things:
1) The *advertiser censored* will once again start stealing posts.
2) We will all have to put up with garbage threads and posts as people snipe back at the *advertiser censored* for what she says about them.

LovelyPigeon said:
I vote for public.

Boy I saw THAT coming!
In fact, my eyes are so good, I'll bet I saw it coming all the way from Hickory, NC!

Wanna bet I can guess what Toth will vote too?!

and I understand what you're saying about the threads sniping back at her because of what's she saying. It's hard not to do that sometimes.

I'm not sure I understand about the copyright issue - is it because the forum is private that copyright is more sacred? I thought copyright applied to any post, public or private, especially if there is a line at the bottom of the post specifically saying don't steal my post. That doesn't stop her, though, I realize that. She just copies the post and rewords it. She does it just to get our goats. Sorry to say she succeeds sometimes, but what else does she have to do in her pathetic little life?

I'm not trying to interfere in the process here, just trying to understand the issues. I think this is a beautiful forum with great posters. Too bad that idiot has to be the determiner of whether the forum is public or private.

It's killing her that she can't reply to any of the issues discussed here.

I agree. MIBRO/Margoo has been unable to resist the temptation of commenting twice on posts of mine from here on Yonder Forum but she had to pretend that she had received my post "in e-mail" - thus revealing the level of her honesty in the process LOL

I'm not sure I understand about the copyright issue - is it because the forum is private that copyright is more sacred? I thought copyright applied to any post, public or private, especially if there is a line at the bottom of the post specifically saying don't steal my post. That doesn't stop her, though, I realize that.

ja_meson isn't a member here - at least not under any hat we recognise, however, some of her members are. If she was to copy and paste posts from here, it would place them in a compromising position. When this forum first went private, it was a rule that copying and pasting posts from here to anywhere else would result in banning.

Watching you said:
I'm not sure I understand about the copyright issue - is it because the forum is private that copyright is more sacred? I thought copyright applied to any post, public or private, especially if there is a line at the bottom of the post specifically saying don't steal my post.
A public forum is just like a magazine (for example). The articles are copyright, but there is such thing as "fair use" which allows you to "quote part of" or "paraphrase" the article. The *advertiser censored* is fond of pointing out the "fair use" rule when she steals copyrighted material.

This is one of the reasons River took this forum private. There is no "fair use" rule from a private organization. If the *advertiser censored* steals posts from here it's no different then her joining her local YMCA, then taking some of their gym equipment home with her. As a member, she's allowed to use it on the premises any time she wants, but she can't go walking out the door with it.

IMO

there are pros and cons to taking the forum public, and I understand better your concerns. I know it's aggrevating having posts stolen for her to twist whatever way she wants. If I remember right, JW went private for the very same reason - threats and harassment from the little head.

I appreciate your concerns. Now I"ll just sit back and watch what happens without further comment.

The few times I've posted over at the other forum (when guests were occasionally allowed to post), my comments were reworded and negatively commented on, and then deleted and sent into cyberspace. She's brazen.

However, if WS is not made public, then she wins. The truth doesn't get out because the public is able to read only one side of the case. I say go public and damned the torpedoes. (Maybe keep a seperate "BB" truth thread open on WS just to rebut her propaganda.)

JMO

I disagree. I don't think she "wins" if this forum remains private. The membership of this forum soared when it was made private - there was a discussion about that at the time. People want to be "in the know" and having the forum private isn't going to stop them. Evidentally, those people who merely lurked before were forced to join to read the JBR forum.

It's not as though anyone has to pay to join the private forum - registration is straightforward. I do think it irritates her that WS is private. I believe this because she has stated several times that she is glad WS went private!

BlueCrab said:
However, if WS is not made public, then she wins. The truth doesn't get out because the public is able to read only one side of the case.
BlueCrab, have you been the the WS home page? It's plastered with photos of JBR, so it should be pretty obvious that case is discussed here.
What's the big deal if people have to join the forum if they want to read here?

Gee...maybe we should post a few signs that tell people a JonBenet Ramsey forum exists here and you have to join the forum to access it! - Now wouldn't THAT be a lot of work.

I posted on the other thread in the Laci forum that I thought going back to 'a public forum' was a good idea. (bringing forth more viewpoints, opinions & discussion, "truth" et al)

After reading both sides of the argument on this thread .. and very well stated I might add .. I now understand the reticence and apprehension some feel in relinquishing the "privacy" this JBR forum affords it's posters.

It's a real shame that J_meson (S_san B_nnett) and a handful of her loyalists have created so much havoc & dissension on the various forums. WS, in particular. Personally, I am totally perplexed as to how she has been allowed to get away with it for such a long time.

And excuse me, as I am not directing this at anyone specific .. but who would be 'so inspired' as to pay this arrogant woman $50.00 annually just to have the privilege of posting on her tightly controlled forum? I truly don't "get it" .. especially when we have so many other excellent discussion forums to choose from. Among others .. our one "B" WS, FFJ and SOSD-UT come immediately to mind. You all know the myriad of others.

I was under the impression that the J_meson feud was essentially a personal one between River & J_meson. Everyone else seemed to get drawn in .. in one way or another. Now that River is no longer the owner/administrator of WS and her former partner, Pook, is not even registered here on WS .. posts regularly at CrimeScenes .. wouldn't that make a difference in the level of animosity and attempts to shut this forum down?

Also .. if Tricia has her own server and assuming that she plans to switch WS to that server .. wouldn't that solve another problem? (To my knowledge, River & Pook didn't have that option.)

I have to agree with Watching You .. this is now Tricia's forum. Not ours, not River's. Tricia has the right to choose her course and do what she ultimately feels is in her best interest .. just as River & Pook did when they were in control. None of us are shouldering the responsibility for the forum .. Tricia is.

Personally, I think the administrator of 'the swamp' is a registered member here and reads the threads regularly. We just don't know what hat she's using.

Good thoughts .. :)

Rum Tum .. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattoostudio