New Posters & Long Time Lurkers

long time lurker...jsut a few posts
not sure, maybe benjam kyle
lurk serveral pet cases though, 2 in sc unidentified, kyle fleshamn, randy marion ...
2 OK angels murdered....several others...
bluestarzz

I don't think I can articulate what it is about this case that drew me back to WS after a long absence.
I think it has something to do with being the mother of a 13 year old daughter and trying to make sense of the senselessness of this crime.

Hi, everyone.

I had been lurking for awhile, then decided to join. This is a great group, by the way.

Anyways, I have also been following this story since it happened. Trying to find ANYTHING that could be of help.

My personal feeling is that it was some of the kids from the bridge, since they would go there to shoot their guns. But how they've kept it a secret for so long is a mystery to me. Kids love to brag.

I just can not see it being drug or gang related. Unless the two girls saw some of the boys smoking pot or doing something else illegal.

Anyways, that's my two cents for the day.

Glad to be here.

Robin

I've been a lurker since beautiful, sad little Rowan went missing.
I was unable to post until I had an email account from the right type of provider, so I was forced to remain a lurker.
Now I have an account, but don't post often.
What intrigues me about this case was well expressed in someone else's reply: it appears to be too creepy to be random, yet it's hard to believe anyone could find a reason to shoot these little girls.

Actually, this is in fact my first post. I confess, I've been a lurker for about two weeks. When my registration was approved last night after having problems because of my ISP, the top of my head almost came slam off! LOL. I was positively thrilled. Finally...a site with a moderator. :woohoo:
I really can't explain why THIS case is important to me, other than the obvious, but it's what led me here after following the story from the time the news broke. I was just 'digging' into this case before I knew I was..and here I am, still praying to God that justice will come for Taylor and Skyla.:praying:
Obsessed? Perhaps. I just can't get it out of my head and I don't know why. It's like leaving home and having this nagging feeling all day that you forgot something important. I've always LOVED true crime shows and such but I never got 'hooked' on a case until now. I'm just one of those people who love trying to figure things out. "I've always been intrigued by puzzles" as Dale Hinman always says.
Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here. I just hope I can bring something positive to the board.

I think what grabs me about this particular case is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be a senseless, random crime. It's a real mystery, in the deepest sense. Most of the other cases that receive a lot of attention on the board seem to have a much clearer motive, even if the perpetrator can't be found.

This is probably the best summation I have read of this crime.

It doesn't make sense but it doesn't appear to be senseless.

And you know what, I think that is a clue. But where does it point us?

Yes, Aleph captures it there. And so do you, Albert. I think that what seems to be a meaningful, analyzable mystery in this led me to post about it myself. I read the other cases here and there but for me, this is like the Elizabeth Smart case--something unusual is going on.

I have been reading this board for some time, but this case has hit me hard emotionally and inspired me to begin posting. This case, to me, is second only to that of Carlie Brucia for making an impact on my life. Thank you everyone for this forum!

I am a sometimes lurker. For weeks after Taylor and Skyla's death, I checked the OK news sites hoping for an arrest and justice. When the news fell off the headlines, I had to look further and found this site.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of the girls. It hit me hard because they reminded me so much of my best friend and myself when we were that age. We walked the back country roads of Louisiana and spent many a happy, carefree summer. My heart breaks that Taylor and Skyla were taken so brutally and so young. This case has tugged at my heartstrings. I want to see justice and I want those little girls to have peace.

I don't have much insight into the possible scenarios, but I appreciate that you let me come and consider yours. I just want, like all of you, to hear the words 'We have the suspect(s) in custody.' I will also be waiting to hear the guilty verdicts. I will follow this case to the end. As long as someone cares, its not cold.

I am a sometimes lurker. For weeks after Taylor and Skyla's death, I checked the OK news sites hoping for an arrest and justice. When the news fell off the headlines, I had to look further and found this site.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of the girls. It hit me hard because they reminded me so much of my best friend and myself when we were that age. We walked the back country roads of Louisiana and spent many a happy, carefree summer. My heart breaks that Taylor and Skyla were taken so brutally and so young. This case has tugged at my heartstrings. I want to see justice and I want those little girls to have peace.

I don't have much insight into the possible scenarios, but I appreciate that you let me come and consider yours. I just want, like all of you, to hear the words 'We have the suspect(s) in custody.' I will also be waiting to hear the guilty verdicts. I will follow this case to the end. As long as someone cares, its not cold.
Hi arbor, very well said. It bothers me daily that Taylor and Skyla are gone, and that the case seems to be slowing down in terms of new leads and information. I can't remember the last time I heard about it on the news here in northeast Ohio, it has been several weeks at least. Very heartbreaking.
Cheers

They say there is power in numbers...With all of us feeling the way we do about "Our Girls" I have no doubt this will be solved. I have such a love for these 2 girls..it is so hard to explain. Y'all can see how long I have been a member and I have never been on a case as much as this one.

They say there is power in numbers...With all of us feeling the way we do about "Our Girls" I have no doubt this will be solved. I have such a love for these 2 girls..it is so hard to explain. Y'all can see how long I have been a member and I have never been on a case as much as this one.
You and me both, GS... I often think about the fact that if this hadn't happened, I would probably have never heard of Taylor or Skyla in my lifetime. But personally I would rather have never heard of them than to remember them because of this tragedy. This is NOT how the girls should have made their mark on the world. :(

Cheers!

Hello everyone...

Well, I guess this means I'm official now. It's nice to join all of you good people.

Hi AKA "Just Nanny", good to see you here!
262u0cy.jpg

You and me both, GS... I often think about the fact that if this hadn't happened, I would probably have never heard of Taylor or Skyla in my lifetime. But personally I would rather have never heard of them than to remember them because of this tragedy. This is NOT how the girls should have made their mark on the world. :(

Cheers!

Well spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adielphia
Hello all I am new to websleuths. This is just horrible what happened to these beautiful babies, I hope and pray they find the killer/killers!

It just hits so close to home, I have a child around the same age and I would not know what to do it something happened to him. I also help my parents raise my neice and she is not far from their age.

It just hits so close to home, I have a child around the same age and I would not know what to do it something happened to him. I also help my parents raise my neice and she is not far from their age.
Yes, this case has touched the hearts of many.

For me personally having lived in, or near large cities all my life I daily hear of innocent children being gunned down for one reason or another, usually dealing with their family gang affiliations. Other times it's due to some crazy nut unknown to the families.

I know bad things happen anywhere, but somehow the vision of a tiny town with dirt roads where kids walk made this all more sad to me. So many people would love to raise their children in that type of atmosphere, but as we've learned, not everyone in small towns are good people.

Yes, this case has touched the hearts of many.

For me personally having lived in, or near large cities all my life I daily hear of innocent children being gunned down for one reason or another, usually dealing with their family gang affiliations. Other times it's due to some crazy nut unknown to the families.

I know bad things happen anywhere, but somehow the vision of a tiny town with dirt roads where kids walk made this all more sad to me. So many people would love to raise their children in that type of atmosphere, but as we've learned, not everyone in small towns are good people.

I am learning that there is no safe place to live any more and it is very sad. As being a kid I remember walking everywhere and never worrying, now I will not even let my son ride his bike up and down the road unless I am there to watch.

I actually wondered about the FATHER'S involvement....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back