New Rules About Pictures of "Caylee"

Thank You Trica.
Common sense for any picture of a Little, one other than Caylee. On site IS Wrong.

One very smart decision!

I have never posted a picture of Caylee or any child - I believe children have rights. I respect their need for privacy and security.

Thanks for doing this, Tricia...

I saw the newest "Caylee" picture on WJLA, last night, and I applaud them for blurring out the unknown child's face. Given that a mall is not considered public property (believe it or not, they are private property... and most malls do have photography rules put in place by the owners), images taken in the such dwellings without permission are not in the "candid" genre and can not be used in media form. The parents of the child in that image could use this issue against the person that put their child's image out there in the news.

Thank you, Tricia - you rock!!! :blowkiss:

Thank you for that very sensible decision, Tricia. :clap: I love WS. :blowkiss:

Very smart move....thank you!:clap:

Thank you Tricia, I agree with you. I know if I were the parent of one of the children whose picture was taken I would not want it all over the internet.

Hi Everyone,

First, let me thank you all for posting less and less negative posts. You all are dong an incredible job. More and more visitors from around the world are reading your posts. It is a compliment to you all that so many want to read what you write.

A new rule. There are going to be all kinds of pictures of little girls who look like "Caylee."

Please do not post the actual pictures. Provide a link to the media outlet with the picture. These innocent kids do not need to have their pictures spread around the Internet any more than they already are.

I will be removing the most recent pictures on the forum.

Thanks again for your help,
Tricia

:clap::clap: BRAVO!!!:clap::clap:

:blowkiss:
Thank you, Tricia, on your decision to make and enforce this rule!

It really is such an important issue
I'm so proud of you and of Websleuths.... and of me for being a member! :)
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Your integrity star is shining brightly tonight, darlin' !!!!

Good Call!!

I am so pleased you chose to go this route! I wish MORE members of the blogging public and of course the media would exhibit the same integrity and restraint that Websleuths possesses.

It is that same integrity that makes me proud to be a member of this community. The many kind souls here understand that you do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do..

ITA: Bolded by me!:clap::clap::blowkiss::gomods:

Special thanks to BeanE for suggesting this idea in the first place. I am embarrassed I didn't think of it. thanks BeanE for posting the suggestion and thanks to Tricia for acting on it so quickly.

YES, BeanE was the first one to suggest this and as usual I end up with the credit. LOL. Coley actually PM'd me with the idea that BeanE came up with first. We need to keep track of these things so when we award those brownie points at the end of the year we are correct. hehe

Just want to assure you all that we listen. We have made several very good decisions involving the Anthony case because of your suggestions.

So, keep those ideas coming and I'll take allll the credit. :crazy::crazy:(justkidding)

Thanks, Tricia. (BeanE, Coley, etc.) I was truly concerned about these pictures and the safety of these innocent and unsuspecting children. I applaud your decision. :clap:

Awwww no thanks or credit necessary except to JBean and Tricia for doing all the work to implement it!

I am constantly impressed with the professional and astute way Tricia and the mods manage all of WS, and particularly the Caylee section. I know it's no small job, and I am ever grateful for all the work that you all do to provide this excellent forum for us.

Hugs to Tricia, JBean, and all the mods! WS rocks!

BeanE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back