New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the family has complained in the past...asked for FBI, even the President for help, if I am not mistaken. And I think mistakes were made in waiting a week to do a roadblock, being so close-mouthed about what items were missing that people might come across, etc.

But JMO anyway

Do you have examples of how they have done a bad job? Has the family complained? Have they given out incorrect info.? Have they failed to do basic things?

I always look at criticism by the family as the key indicator that LE is doing a crummy job, for example.

In at least one TV interview one or more family members have said on camera that LE just sat around on the property doing nothing but waiting for more LE to arrive rather than going to look for Holly, even though the first units on the scene arrived literally seconds/minutes after Holly and the suspect went into the woods. It took some time to actually start to search for her...

Thank you very much for this, OBE. Of course I always want as much info as possible. But I am not an expert and it baffles me how many people feel they know better than trained professionals and are entitled to information obtained by investigators - that that is the only way the case will be solved.

Huh?

It would be different, perhaps, if it was clear that LE were not doing their job. For example, in the Elizabeth Smart case, they weren't. It was only when the family released the sketch and info on the perp her sister saw that the case was solved.

But in such cases there is generally criticism from the family. Do we have that here?

Wrong information floating around doesn't necessarily impact the case. Accurate information can, though and sometimes negatively.

Take the pink purse info., for example. What if away someone already found the purse close to a suspect's home and LE didn't want the suspect to know they were honing in as a result? What if a suspect hears they are looking for that purse and throws it away instead of keeping it as a trophy, evidence that would've been pivotal if found in a search warrant?

There are many scenarios I can think of for not releasing evidence. I know in my business I try to hold my cards close to the vest as long as I can. You just know that's got to be even more important in LE's business.

Do you have examples of how they have done a bad job? Has the family complained? Have they given out incorrect info.? Have they failed to do basic things?

I always look at criticism by the family as the key indicator that LE is doing a crummy job, for example.

I have not followed this case closely so admittedly, I don;t know what's happened and what's been done or not done.

On that note, for those of us who don't have time to read through 17 pages, is there a synopsis someone can give us? Any connection thus far between this guy arrested and Holly Bobo?

And what's the scoop on who he was involved with? The victim of his violence? Did someone say she was on his visitors list?

I saw he seemed to match, pretty closely, a sketch some guy released related to an attempted kidnapping. Any info on that?

Does he have a history of assault? Stalking? Violence? Where does he live? How close is it to where Holly disappeared?

TIA for any info!!!!!

Her dad finally had had enough and released the information about the purse because he was desperate for the publics help. IMO there has been bad blood between the Bobos and TBI. There was a Jackson Sun article a few years ago and it definitely gave that impression. If I find the article I'll post it.

OK, so if they did find something at the farm are they going to release that? It just looks so deserted today and I realize the weather is bad, but has anyone heard anything?

I think the family has complained in the past...asked for FBI, even the President for help, if I am not mistaken. And I think mistakes were made in waiting a week to do a roadblock, being so close-mouthed about what items were missing that people might come across, etc.

But JMO anyway

You are correct.

OK, so if they did find something at the farm are they going to release that? It just looks so deserted today and I realize the weather is bad, but has anyone heard anything?

They won't release anything and haven't said anything. Reporters and public frustrated.

They haven't even called the family.

Wow, poor family, I wonder if they are trying to connect him to other cases, would that stop them from saying anything?

I meant to post this earlier & got busy with work (shocker, I know!).

Someone asked did we have information about the other 2 search warrants/where they were/who they involved/etc. This was asked yesterday on Twitter:

Will Nunley ‏@willnunley Mar 3
Don't fall victim to rumors, we must await facts from TBI. Generally, we are at a standstill until they speak. #HollyBobo

cynthiatgraham ‏@cynthiatgraham Mar 3
@willnunley TBI said they issued several search warrents at different locations. Do u know where the other locations are?

Will Nunley ‏@willnunley Mar 3
@cynthiatgraham We do not :/

so Zack Adams looks skinny. Remember that clint thought the perp was Drew....who is about 200lbs. That doesn't jive.

But JMO anyway

Yeah, you're right. I found this:
They are also circulating a petition, calling for a special task force to investigate the case, and they plan to take that petition to the governor.
"I do feel that this is just an example of why we do need a special task force to look for missing persons, because I do believe there is a conflict of interest here, and maybe the big picture has been lost and that picture is finding our daughter," Karen Bobo said.http://www.wsmv.com/story/22379481/holly-bobos-family
More at link.

But someone had just posted an article in which the family spokesperson stated:
BROMLEY: Well, obviously, in an investigation of this nature, you know, information, when it`s not passed on, it can be frustrating. But they also know that those who are investigating, the TBI, the FBI, are very competent. And they want to make sure that -- you know, they know that when information is released that it is very factual. There`s been a lot of -- as with any case, there`s always a lot of rumors that begin circling and surfacing in an investigation of this nature. But the family has full confidence that they are following up on leads and doing the best they can with the investigation. http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-abduction-spokesman-unable-to-answer-questions-criticized
I see that the first article came after the second, though. So apparently the family has changed its mind about how well LE is doing.

I just have to say that this forum is incredible and all the hard work and dedication shown is very well appreciated. Thanks!!!

I believe too often that LE is too focused on witholding information in order to obtain an arrest/conviction. While this is very important, I see that, as a parent my focus would be to get my child back ALIVE. Obviously, all too often LE 's current methodology does not work,they hold onto information that just maybe if released to the public would bring about a positive outcome. If I had a missing child I would do anything to protect my childs life, forget about an arrest or conviction, do everything to get them back before they are murdered and deal with the lack of evidence later.

With Holly ,LE should have stated early on if her pink purse were missing, whether the shredded pink shirt that her brother found in the mailbox belonged to Holly.

For an instant, can you just IMAGINE what the parents of missing children go through second by second. The unimaginable pain that they feel not knowing if their missing children are dead or alive or being brutally tortured day by day.

The current process for finding the missing is not working or more missing people would be found. It is time for LE to change their approach in finding the missing.

Well, I don;t think we can conclude that if the process was changed much, more people would be found. If a perp is careful enough, hides evidence, hides the body well enough and keeps their mouth shut, it is highly unlikely that releasing evidence obtained with help find the missing person, IMO.

6' is not that far off from 6' 1"....
And if ZA was 175-200, could we really tell from a distance?
I think being dressed in camo gear would add some weight to your appearance but perhaps not.

I always thought the description was fairly general- and that makes sense because CB didn't get a close up look at this perp.

What did he weigh 3 years ago?

He may have been the master mind behind it all and had one of his goons do the leg work for him. So who else is sitting behind bars that might fit the description of the guy that Holly's brother may have seen?

I just have a difficult time calling ZA a "mastermind."
Am I alone?

Does anyone know if zach was a hunter? Did he wear camouflage clothing ? Where was he the morning of April 13, 2011? 4 vehicles were taken to be analyzed. Which one was he known to drive ? Did anyone see him that morning? Before or after Holly disappeared? Was he part of the earlier searches? Was he seen anywhere near the Bobo home after Holly disappeared? Did he know anyone in Darden?

These are all questions the reporters should be asking his friends/family.

BBM: Exactly ! These are great questions that should have been asked.

:seeya: You'd make a good reporter, n/t !

:please::please::please: for Holly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member