New to Web Sleuthing

ChessFan

Reaction score
Greetings,

As a hobby, I decided to try my hand at web sleuthing; specifically, this case, which has a family connect & seems safe to investigate.

Any suggestions and references on how to proceed are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ChessFan

Welcome.

This is a very interesting group. Your request for direction and references, suggestions, etc., is hard to give. I used to data-dump on people. The information was good, but it may have been too much -- the consequence of enthusiasm for the Websleuths and true crime with like-minded people.

Exploring Crime Analysis: Readings on Essential Skills. (3rd edition) ISBN: 9781977937186

This is one book I just received. It's a thick book for a college course, but it might be useful for personal study. Otherwise, find credible posters who demonstrate diligent analytical modeling and work with them.

And, in my own work over time, I have been wrong before. No one has a perfect score.

Chess Fan,

Please consider creating a thread for your cold case of the murder of Maram and Roland Hanel, referenced in your note.

I read the article, and it is very interesting. If you get it into the right forum thread group, you probably get a following on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back