New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you search for? I still didn't get the link with the search "lisa irwin", I went through the first ten pages of results.

It comes up when I search "Find Lisa Irwin", second result.

<modsnip>. Each person is given a code when they give their tip.

When the caller phones back he or she is told to be at a certain drive-thru bank at a specific time on the next day where they must send in to tellers coded information given to them by the coordinator. As long as the information is correct, the cash reward is sent out to the caller and they simply drive away, their identity still unknown to Crime Stoppers.

http://kccrimestoppers.com/

(above bbm)
Except for those pesky security cameras.... :D

What did you search for? I still didn't get the link with the search "lisa irwin", I went through the first ten pages of results.

Not to speak for OneLove but I think it's more about what is NOT seen on the website. There is not a single word about organizing ground searches or giving LE tips about potential areas that should be searched or putting up fundraisers to collect money for future volunteer ground searches or donating to search organizations like TES (or whatever is equivalent in the KC area) that could find the remains of a kidnapped-and-murdered baby, no links to any such organizations.

I searched: find lisa irwin, without quotation marks.

Well, of course if you type in the name of the website it will come up on the first page! You have to type in exactly "find lisa irwin" to get it to come up. if you type in "lisa irwin" or "missing lisa irwin", this site still is nowhere in site. However, her old abandoned and do-nothing site DOES come up on the first page.

So, if an "official" Lisa Irwin website comes up on the first page of Google and is obviously abandoned, what can we think of the new "official" Lisa Irwin website that is on page ga-zillion or whatever it is on? Why would someone look any further if they see the first one on the first page and it is a nothing site?

So now we are going to argue over Crime Stoppers! I did a little research...don't like em. We don't have to worry about anyone calling them about Lisa anyway...IMO...since the website is not very accessible and is only for those who TRULY believe Lisa is alive.

I can't believe Crimestoppers is getting maligned on here. Or that Crimestoppers is a bad way to report a tip. Never mind the fact that a lot of missing posters have phone numbers to crimestoppers.

Sometimes I'm just amazed...

I searched: find lisa irwin, without quotation marks.

If you search the exact name of the website, of course it will come up. That is the reason it is on page one. It hasn't moved anywhere if you just type in Lisa Irwin or missing Lisa Irwin.

As well, if you put in "official Lisa Irwin" you will get the old site.

The thing is, most of the people who ever happen to google "find Lisa Irwin" probably already know all there is to know about her disappearance, more than what is on this website anyway.

What would be more helpful would be to have her name and face come up prominently with more generic missing children searches. So that somebody who thinks their neighbor's story about the toddler who appeared out of nowhere is fishy can find Lisa and notice they look alike.

Has anyone kept up with which generic missing child/person sites she's listed in?

I can't believe Crimestoppers is getting maligned on here. Or that Crimestoppers is a bad way to report a tip. Never mind the fact that a lot of missing posters have phone numbers to crimestoppers.

I can't believe a LOT of things on here! This truly is an amazing place, isn't it? :shocked2:

I don't see Crimestoppers being maligned here. I see the details of Crimestopper's system being discussed, both the good points and the weaknesses. I don't believe anything untrue has been said and I don't see anyone saying it doesn't have any good use ever.

Is it the pointing out of it's "method" of getting tips and paying them off that makes you feel it is being maligned?

I don't see Crimestoppers being maligned here. I see the details of Crimestopper's system being discussed, both the good points and the weaknesses. I don't believe anything untrue has been said and I don't see anyone saying it doesn't have any good use ever.

Is it the pointing out of it's "method" of getting tips and paying them off that makes you feel it is being maligned?

Yes, because the BL site is not the first nor will it be the last to list a 'crimestoppers' number to report tips of a missing person. I can pull up examples if you want me too.

Well, of course if you type in the name of the website it will come up on the first page! You have to type in exactly "find lisa irwin" to get it to come up. if you type in "lisa irwin" or "missing lisa irwin", this site still is nowhere in site. However, her old abandoned and do-nothing site DOES come up on the first page.

So, if an "official" Lisa Irwin website comes up on the first page of Google and is obviously abandoned, what can we think of the new "official" Lisa Irwin website that is on page ga-zillion or whatever it is on? Why would someone look any further if they see the first one on the first page and it is a nothing site?

That's true. If you just type in the baby's name, the page is nowhere to be found. So strange. I don't think too many people are going to use the search term, "find lisa irwin" when looking for info for Lisa. Poor little sweetheart.

Yes, because the BL site is not the first nor will it be the last to list a 'crimestoppers' number to report tips of a missing person. I can pull up examples if you want me too.

I don't think anyone is disputing that Crimestoppers is, has, and will be used on posters for missing children. I don't understand why discussing HOW they receive tips and HOW they pay for them is a bad thing. It's just the facts.

I don't think anyone is disputing that Crimestoppers is, has, and will be used on posters for missing children. I don't understand why discussing HOW they receive tips and HOW they pay for them is a bad thing. It's just the facts.

The debate started with the criticism (if that's the right word) that the crimestoppers number shouldn't be on there, LE number should be on there.

There is a lot of things to bash the site over, having a crimestopper number on it isn't one of them.

Is Crime stoppers associated with the $100.000 reward and aware of the conditions and able to get their tipsters access to the money now?

Back in October they had this to say about it:
Det. Kevin Boehm, coordinator of Kansas City's Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline, a nonprofit community organization that has been fielding hundreds of calls on the missing baby case, said the Hotline hasn't been contacted about the $100,000 reward.

TIPS offers up to $1,000 for any information that leads to an arrest, he said.

Boehm said individuals can offer their own rewards, but supplemental rewards are typically offered to generate more awareness when a case has gone cold or interest in the case begins to die down.

"We haven't entertained the idea of a supplemental reward at this point," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/lisa-irwin-missing-myster_n_1011975.html

A lot can have changed since October but IMO it would be a little odd for a website to advertize a 100.000 dollar reward and supply a phone number for the tips that can't get you that 100.000 dollar reward.

norest-- the website was not coming up by typing "find lisa irwin" earlier... now i too see it on google. still not on yahoo though... but i use yahoo canada so that might make a difference... i keep trying to change over to yahoo.com but my browser will not let me lol

does anyone know if there ever was a stipulation that the $100,000 reward was only for a "live" lisa? if so-- that should definitely be in the headline imo.

slightly OT: when deann mentioned the kara kopetsky case i googled her and a site came up with an article from the kansas city star website. the article is no longer on the original website but what is interesting is the statement that

Crime Stoppers does not pay rewards in missing-persons cases. However, should any arrests in connection with her disappearance result from a tip, a cash reward would be paid.

http://www.myspace.com/findkarakopetsky/blog/297174542

is this true? if so, this should be on all CS endorsed missing posters and clearly mentioned in this website imo...

**i wish there were links to christopher abeyta's website and GA's organization ... as a sincere public thank you for his efforts to help find lisa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven