New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why now? Fessel is correct. This has DB defense/Supporters written all over it. These parents don't have any recent family pictures of this child?there may not have been much bonding going on.

They want all the tips to go through them. Yep, Anthonys did the same thing. Cindy got control of tips called in and would save them for the Defense Team to use against LE. All done to create what they call reasonable doubt.

This is a public relations move. When people are saying they aren't doing anything, they have this on their list. I don't approve of people calling in to the potential suspects instead of LE.

[/B]

BBM

This that still need fixing should have been fixed ages ago! JMO

This has always bothered me about not having more recent pictures. What about the birthday party on Sunday, no one took pictures of this little darling?

This set of pictures is from the Sunday birthday party.

babylisadavidleenetzjur-1.jpg

Link:

http://www.kmbc.com/slideshow/news/29423242/detail.html

jumping off jacy's post--

why are there no pics of lisa with her mom? with both parents? with her brothers? her whole family? only one pic of her with her dad? ???

Respectfully snipped.

If you mean pictures on the website, the "pictures and video" section is under construction. Maybe they will add some more. If you mean in general, LE has their computer hard drive and they don't have their cellphones, which is where a lot of pictures are nowadays. I have seen two pictures of DB with Lisa, and three pictures of JI with Lisa. I have seen pictures of Lisa with her brothers. I have seen pictures of Lisa with various members of her family. Some of them are posted in the "All About Lisa" thread.

~~

As far as recent pictures go, the birthday party pics are the most recent, but clearly they are not great quality. The new NCMEC flyer has some very nice, clear pictures.

http://findlisairwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/LisaIrwinPoster.pdf

ETA: I have about 40 pictures of Lisa Irwin saved on my computer from the internet, after a quick count. Some are infant pictures, pretty much all the way through until the most recent. And I know I'm missing some. I was surprised at how many there are. If you look around the various FB pages for Lisa, there really are a lot.

why are there no pics of lisa with her mom? with both parents? with her brothers? her whole family? only one pic of her with her dad? ???

i would think one of the goals of a website such as this would be to show the bond/love lisa had with her family in an attempt to guilt the "abductor" into returning her to the family who loves her...

whoever is in charge of this site also might want to fix the typos/mistakes... it's not difficult to do, it makes reading the site easier plus it just looks more professional/credible imo.

In my opinion the designer of the website wanted the focus to be on Lisa, who is the missing person, and not her parents, who are not missing.

If an abductor did take Lisa I doubt that they will ever feel enough guilt to return her. It will be someone close to him/her that turns them in. JMO.

Thank you, askfornina. I thought I remembered seeing pictures of her from the party, but I couldn't find them when I tried to do a search.

i would think one of the goals of a website such as this would be to show the bond/love lisa had with her family in an attempt to guilt the "abductor" into returning her to the family who loves her...

whoever is in charge of this site also might want to fix the typos/mistakes... it's not difficult to do, it makes reading the site easier plus it just looks more professional/credible imo.

:seeya: I was getting ready to post that there are no photos of Lisa with Deborah and then I saw your post ! There is a photo with Lisa and Jeremy though.

JMO ... but that is "telling" ... very telling ...

:waitasec: Just had a thought : IF -- a photo of Lisa and Deborah appears on the website soon, it will "confirm" that Deb is reading here at WS ...

Just a thought ...

MOO ...

That's what I like about this site. It isn't about anyone other than Lisa. No "Donate Here" button.

:seeya: Good catch : there is no "Donate" button on the website ...

However, JMO and MOO ...

I will NOT be surprised if a donation section appears on the website down the road ...

Maybe not now ... but no telling ...

MOO ...

Just had a thought : IF -- a photo of Lisa and Deborah appears on the website soon, it will "confirm" that Deb is reading here at WS

And IF it proves she is reading here it proves that she is doing something to try to find Lisa IMHO
However anyone reading here, posting here, or anyone who is not could send in a suggestion to put a photo of them together on the website, they do have a contact us link on the site, do they not? Again MOO

:seeya: I was getting ready to post that there are no photos of Lisa with Deborah and then I saw your post ! There is a photo with Lisa and Jeremy though.

JMO ... but that is "telling" ... very telling ...

:waitasec: Just had a thought : IF -- a photo of Lisa and Deborah appears on the website soon, it will "confirm" that Deb is reading here at WS ...

Just a thought ...

MOO ...

BBM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What do consider "telling" and what is it telling you?

Honestly, I guess you could give the parents some credit for doing *something* visible to help find BL. At such a late date, it kind of seems too little too late to me. If only they would spend an equal amount of time and effort into meeting with LE. Sigh.

Not so sure how long the site will stay up. I would imagine they are probably going to get more nasty messages than tips via their "your comments and tips" tab.

How sad that people would even contact them to be mean or nasty. :(

Why now? Fessel is correct. This has DB defense/Supporters written all over it. These parents don't have any recent family pictures of this child?there may not have been much bonding going on.

They want all the tips to go through them. Yep, Anthonys did the same thing. Cindy got control of tips called in and would save them for the Defense Team to use against LE. All done to create what they call reasonable doubt.

This is a public relations move. When people are saying they aren't doing anything, they have this on their list. I don't approve of people calling in to the potential suspects instead of LE.

This bothers me too. I don't think tips should be filtered through anybody. They should go directly to LE. They will have to check them out, even if they seem far fetched or bogus. They don't have the luxury of not investigating everything. They have to be able to rule them out.

I think the DT is fishing for another white blob (read: something to throw at that reasonable doubt wall to see if it sticks.)

MOO

Regarding the tips, it states on the website the officials one can and should contact, there is a contact us link which is for (IMHO) well wishers or those who may not feel comfortable calling LE, don't trust the officials to keep the information close to the chest, or for those with suggestions for the website. There are countless reasons to have a contact us link as most websites do including WS I would imagine. Why does it have to have some nefarious reason to be there?

I sent in a suggestion to put the TIPS hotline number on the header of the website. The crime stoppers website is already linked twice on the website. In fact, it's the number one thing you can do on the "What You Can Do" page.

1. Report any tips or information you think would be useful to: Kansas City Crime Stoppers

I expect they expect that everybody who stumbles on the site knows all about Lisa already but I still think that there should be some basic info somewhere... On the "all about Lisa" page they don't even say where she was kidnapped from and when and how. You have to infer it from a few mentions of KCPD and if you have a new child in your family after October 4th.

I find the page sad because most of the identifiers on there may have changed by now... Children change so much from the age of 10 months to 16 months. Her hair could be dyed, her birthmark covered, she could have forgotten Barney and her nickname, her vocabulary has changed, her teeth have changed, she could have given up her pacifier, she could have become shy now due to being traumatized, she might not be big for her age now if she isn't eating well, and whoever has her doesn't have to reveal her correct age anyway... etc.

I expect they expect that everybody who stumbles on the site knows all about Lisa already but I still think that there should be some basic info somewhere... On the "all about Lisa" page they don't even say where she was kidnapped from and when and how. You have to infer it from a few mentions of KCPD and if you have a new child in your family after October 4th.

I find the page sad because most of the identifiers on there may have changed by now... Children change so much from the age of 10 months to 16 months. Her hair could be dyed, her birthmark covered, she could have forgotten Barney and her nickname, her vocabulary has changed, her teeth have changed, she could have given up her pacifier, she could have become shy now due to being traumatized, she might not be big for her age now if she isn't eating well, and whoever has her doesn't have to reveal her correct age anyway... etc.

If you go through the trouble, one click, to open the pdf file link that information is given as to where and when she was abducted.
RE your 2nd paragraph: What should they put for identifiers if a baby may change that much as you state?
Did you use the contact us link to suggest any positive changes so that Lisa may be found quicker?

Regarding the tips, it states on the website the officials one can and should contact, there is a contact us link which is for (IMHO) well wishers or those who may not feel comfortable calling LE, don't trust the officials to keep the information close to the chest, or for those with suggestions for the website. There are countless reasons to have a contact us link as most websites do including WS I would imagine. Why does it have to have some nefarious reason to be there?

Nefarious or not, it's just poorly designed.

Try reading that site as if you have just heard of Lisa Irwin for the first time and you Googled it. It should have the story of who she is and what happened to her. It should have the reward with the conditions. The tip hotline should be on the first page following her story with a "please call. . ." The comment and tips tab should really just be the "contact us" link.

I think it should be more transparent too. Most sites have a webmaster, about us type of info.

MOO

I can't believe folks are actually critiquing a site with a purpose of finding a missing child, no matter how many spelling errors or 'poorly designed' it is.

If someone wants to design a better site, why don't you offer your services to the parents or whoever is behind the site. Perhaps you can do it for free, as a token to help trying to find a missing child.

I can't believe folks are actually critiquing a site with a purpose of finding a missing child, no matter how many spelling errors or 'poorly designed' it is.

If someone wants to design a better site, why don't you offer your services to the parents or whoever is behind the site. Perhaps you can do it for free, as a token to help trying to find a missing child.

cityslick, I think what most people are upset about is the timing of this. Why wasn't it done immediately? Why now after all this time? Many of us here feel that this was the defence's idea, and it really does seem suspicious KWIM?

Yes, you're right. I was thinking the website could be better designed. In particular I think there should be more information on the front page. It's easy to criticize from a distance, isn't it? :blushing: I don't know how to design web sites, but I'll send them my suggestions.

nina, if you've seen pics of lisa and her mom, whoever took those pics should make them available for the website, yes? the absence of a pic of lisa with her mom is just shocking to me. and, surely other friends and fam took pics of the bradwins other than possible pics on those "missing" phones?

it's possible the "abductors" wouldn't feel guilt, but their family and friends might (as was mentioned above). the guilt could come from anyone who knows about the situation. sorry if i wasn't clear.

what about an age-progression pic? there are websites out there to obtain one. if babies change that much, why hasn't one been created and subsequently made available to the public?

this whole website confuses me.

BBM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What do consider "telling" and what is it telling you?

:seeya: In order for me to explain more precisely what I meant in my post, I would have to give a "theory" and "my own opinion" as to what I "think" ...

The mod :nurse: asked that we stick the topic of this website only, and abide by the "zero tolerance policy for snark" ...

I really like it here :woohoo: ... and do not want to violate the TOS ... :)

:waitasec: If I find a thread that I can post this on, I will post it there ...

Thanks !

Mod :nurse: posts below :

askfornina asked permission to post this website. Please remember the rules and discuss only the website (and remember the zero tolerance policy for snark etc etc)

bumping this up. If you want to talk about what is on the website that is fine. If you want to talk about what your theory is or rugs or dogs or any other topic (there are literally hundreds) take that discussion there. Some people think the family is innocent and that is their right to that opinion.

If you have nothing nice to say please move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500