News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

I realize that, but what I meant to highlight was the fact that Mallory, within 10 minutes of the remains being found being broadcast, entered the home before LE got there, and then refused to open the door to the police for quite some time. I know if there are cops banging on my door, I'm going to open it immediately. Caylee's remains were found at about 9:30, so I would imagine it was after 10 am that Mallory got there. Who would wait til after 10 am to let the dogs out? They would have been doing the potty dance for quite some time. How does this work? You hear that your prospective niece's corpse has been found near the house and you think, "That reminds me, I need to check the mail." I really wish they had legal reason at the time to have done a search on her being, IMO she took something incriminating out of the house that day.

I agree,the timing is highly suspicious.Surely she had heard or been told that a body had been found. Even if Lee or Mallory didn't hear the news themselves,someone they knew did and no doubt called to let them know.Maybe LE did before the media announced it. Hmmmm.This smells .....

:37 pm EDT October 2, 2009
<snipped>
Eyewitness News found the same rare type of tape that was found on Caylee's skull being used by the Anthony family on a Caylee Anthony poster.

With the debate over the duct tape evidence intensifying this week, Eyewitness News re-analyzed video that was taken in the months before Caylee's body was found.

The discovery could make it even more difficult for the defense to argue that Casey didn't put the tape over Caylee's mouth. The defense has really been trying to shoot down the duct tape evidence recently.

(look at the 18 second mark of this video, it is George putting up signs with duct tape)YouTube - Nancy Grace 4/2/09 Part 4

VIDEO REPORT: WFTV Discovers Possible Link In Casey Case
http://www.wftv.com/video/21186456/index.html

DOCUMENT: State's Case File On Duct Tape
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21184243/detail.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21185313/detail.html

Thank you God!!!

(And you too KB!)moo

BBM

As a mom of young kids, this photo doesn't really alarm me. A few days ago my 3yo screamed & cried like he was boiling in acid; cried so hard he made his head all red & blotchy. Why? Because I turned off the bathroom light, and it was "his turn." Caylee was the right age for that sort of behavior. I promise I'm not trying to make light of your opinion, it's just that I have a great deal of recent experience with young children, and this is an age when they are particularly insane (and yet so adorable).

:crazy:

Yes, I know what you mean, but would you take a photo of him having a meltdown and post it on the web? I don't know what was happening when this was taken, so it seemed a strange thing to do...

:37 pm EDT October 2, 2009
<snipped>
Eyewitness News found the same rare type of tape that was found on Caylee's skull being used by the Anthony family on a Caylee Anthony poster.

With the debate over the duct tape evidence intensifying this week, Eyewitness News re-analyzed video that was taken in the months before Caylee's body was found.

The discovery could make it even more difficult for the defense to argue that Casey didn't put the tape over Caylee's mouth. The defense has really been trying to shoot down the duct tape evidence recently.

(look at the 18 second mark of this video, it is George putting up signs with duct tape)YouTube - Nancy Grace 4/2/09 Part 4

VIDEO REPORT: WFTV Discovers Possible Link In Casey Case
http://www.wftv.com/video/21186456/index.html

DOCUMENT: State's Case File On Duct Tape
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21184243/detail.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21185313/detail.html

There is a photogragh of what I think is duct tape laying on the ground in the video report at 1:34 Where did this duct tape come from in the picture? Are they implying that this duct tape was the duct tape that was found attached to Caylee's hair? If so why would it be lying on the ground?
I don't think the duct tape lying on the ground in this photo is in evidence anywhere, so I was just wondering why they would show it during this report?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLk7t8NgLw"]YouTube - Nancy 11/25/08 Part 5[/ame] Ashton contacted the Henkel company, now known as ShurTech Brands, and discovered the tape found with the body and on the gas can was actually an extremely rare type of industrial fire resistant tape.

Only 134,719 rolls were sold in 2006 and 2007 in North America, according to the records submitted to the court Thursday.

That constitutes less than 0.2 percent of all duct tape sales during those years, based on more than $100 million in duct tape sales reported by the industry in 2002, the last year for which Local 6 was able to obtain data.

The odds of two pieces of randomly discovered duct tape manufactured in 2006 and 2007 being of that same, rare type approach 250,000 to 1. The odds of such a coincidence are much higher, if you factor in all the duct tape in existence, regardless of when it was manufactured, and determine how much duct tape sales have grown since 2002.

One distinction that links both samples of tape &#8211; from the body and the gas can &#8211; is an imprint on the tape, which the records indicate was added to only those Fire Guard DUCK rolls sold after 2005: &#8220;Henkel Consumer Adhesives Inc., Avon, OH 44011, MAX. TEMP. 200 [degree character] F.

The FBI Laboratory in Quantico, VA, has already examined the tape samples found with the body and on the gas can and reported in December that they &#8220;are comparable to one another in all physical attributes and in the chemical composition of their backing and adhesive components. Therefore, they originated from the same source roll of tape or from rolls of tape manufactured in the same manner.&#8221; I don't think t he jury will have a hard time reconciling these facts with the idea that tape submerged in a swamp for months can look different than in dry conditions.

Kathi Belich on NG 10/02/09

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/10/02/ng.tot.mom.defense.cnn[/ame]

what if Mallory was getting rid of evidence? did she come out with anything?

Just catchin' up on this thread.

1) Nice work, KB et.al! :clap:
2) Not only does this suggest that we have a good idea of where the rest of the roll went...IOW perhaps it was used to hang posters vs. being tossed by G&C after being tipped by bailed-out-Casey...
3)...perhaps it tells us something more 'bout the crime...

We've spent considerable time debating the timing of the application of the tape peri vs. post-mortem based on the ME comments in previously released docs about the position of the mandible. And while this might not settle things once-and-for-all...IMHO it does suggest that the tape was @ G&C's and NOT in the Pontiac. IOW...we know Casey didn't toss everything outta the car...and we've had to allow that maybe she did toss the remaining (if any) duct tape outta the car before leaving it 6/27. IMHO, we now have a pretty good reason to dismiss the notion that the duct tape was available to Casey anywhere but @ the house. IOW...it was applied there...and the remaining roll left there.

So...now we're left to choose if Casey applied the tape pre-4:11PM 6/16 or post-4:11PM 6/16.

We won't solve that here...but...methinks you can decide how much you believe JT's statement 'bout seeing Casey & Caylee 6/16...and IF he saw them...exactly what time he saw them...and that will lead you to your best conclusion regarding when the tape was applied. FWIW...4 candidates for plausible timing of JT's sightings per the pings detailed in the 6/16 ping thread. So...if you believe he saw them...odds are you're gonna hafta believe the tape was applied 6/17 upon Casey's return to G&C's.

Once they didn't hand over the correct hairbrush, I knew they were covering up and anything they said after that I would never ever believe! I agree with you, the tape and the putting it on the baby were at the house, once George learned that is what was over the baby's mouth, and THEY KNEW that is the kind they have had for years, it removed all doubt they may have been holding on to. Zanny, Ricardo, Annie or Tony are certainly not going to have come in to their home and took the tape, because the tape was still there and George is photographed using it, after July.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8CDQlwoYlY"]YouTube - 11-25-08 Nancy Grace[/ame]

Wow! What an amazing close-up of the tape!

ETA: I hope Friday is pleased. There was more tape in Anthonyland afterall. I, on the other hand, still have none.

Yep, RR, I am very, very, very pleased. LOL :blowkiss:

I agree,the timing is highly suspicious.Surely she had heard or been told that a body had been found. Even if Lee or Mallory didn't hear the news themselves,someone they knew did and no doubt called to let them know.Maybe LE did before the media announced it. Hmmmm.This smells .....

I've always thought Mallory had taken something out of the house that day. I don't know what but I found it suspicious that it took her so long to finally answer the door. The whole timing is just so off. And there is no one I trust in that circle.

I thought that the Anthony's originally setup their booth at Publix on July 20, 2008, but the building in the background of the duct tape video on the awning doesn't look like Publix at all. Did the Anthony's setup booths at more than one place? Kathy says the video was taken in July just days after Casey was arrested, but I have not been able to find the original video or the location where that was taken. Anyone else found it?

I thought that the Anthony's originally setup their booth at Publix on July 20, 2008, but the building in the background of the duct tape video on the awning doesn't look like Publix at all. Did the Anthony's setup booths at more than one place? Kathy says the video was taken in July just days after Casey was arrested, but I have not been able to find the original video or the location where that was taken. Anyone else found it?

Yes, PR, they set up tents all over the place. As soon as they got themselves comfy at any given location there were many complaints from John Q Public to get them out. There used to be many threads about this and the money they were collecting but they have all been deleted.

ETA. According to this article he was at a Target parking lot on July 20.
See the last paragraph of the article here.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ndo&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Yes, PR, they set up tents all over the place. As soon as they got themselves comfy at any given location there were many complaints from John Q Public to get them out. There used to be many threads about this and the money they were collecting but they have all been deleted.

ETA. According to this article he was at a Target parking lot on July 20.
See the last paragraph of the article here.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ndo&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Whiteangora: I believe this location is a good match. This could well be where the awning was. Hopefully, LE has tracked the awning down and is testing it for adhesive residue.

Whiteangora: I believe this location is a good match. This could well be where the awning was. Hopefully, LE has tracked the awning down and is testing it for adhesive residue.

Great catch! As long as the Anthony's or Milsteads haven't gotten rid of it...

Please forgive me- I don't mean to annoy anyone, but I can't view the video for some reason and am just curious - is this the tent that everyone's talking about?

cayleeposter.jpg

Thanks!

Here is another poster found. See picture 7 at the top of the picture.

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/caseyanthony/19724912/detail.html

Looked at it a lot more and I don't think that's duct tape. Whatever it is looks like it has a nail in it (right above the sign). Looks like some kind of tag, flapping in the wind to me. I still see a picture of a girl's face on there, though.
Couldn't help but notice the collection jar propped front and center there either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back