GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

I definitely think she was there with him at least at some point in the past nine months, and likely the entire time. I have my doubts as to whether she was there against her will not due to any technicality as to whether others could hear her scream, [modsnip]

Hold the phone... where do you get that Abby gave a false description? Maybe she did not give the description at all.

I believe she gave the kidnappers name on day 1 (night 1). It was LE's decision to release the sketch then.

She was kidnapped, not shacking up with a love interest that went wrong.

IMO.

Hold the phone... where do you get that Abby gave a false description? Maybe she did not give the description at all.

I believe she gave the kidnappers name on day 1 (night 1). It was LE's decision to release the sketch then.

She was kidnapped, not shacking up with a love interest that went wrong.

IMO.

The police said she gave the description. Are they lying?

As far as I can determine from photo's published by MSM since the arrest, here is a consolidated "rough sketch" of NEK's property layout that may be helpful in visually orienting and approximating. (Zoom lenses on cameras can distort distances, but the mobile home and container dimensions are proportionally accurate.)

NEK Residence.jpg

Re the sketch that doesn't look like Kibby...to be technically accurate, it was described by LE as a "person of interest" that LE were interested in talking to regarding the alleged kidnapping--it was never described per se to be the alleged kidnapper. Though it certainly could have been described that way by AH (privately, to LE). At that time I remember wondering if it were possibly even some innocent party who may have given AH a ride if she were hitch-hiking. But LE have since stated "at this time" they aren't looking for anyone else...so who knows?

It's going to be a long month's wait to get some straight answers in this case. Just going to kick back and wait, now.

:popcorn:

As far as I can determine from photo's published by MSM since the arrest, here is a consolidated "rough sketch" of NEK's property layout that may be helpful in visually orienting and approximating. (Zoom lenses on cameras can distort distances, but the mobile home and container dimensions are proportionally accurate.)

View attachment 56694

This is really helpful; but I can't read the print even with a magnifier. If you'd repost or PM me the original (not resized) picture I can put it in photobucket and repost it in here, and maybe the print will be readable. (Photobucket makes them show up larger in here for some reason.)

I know LE said Abby provided information which led to the arrest of Kibby, but did she actually wait 5-6 days to reveal it? Or did it take LE that length of time to piece together bits of information she provided which led to the arrest? If the sketch is not quite on the mark, then perhaps verbal information was not on the mark either and took some tweaking by LE. However, if they pieced together likely suspects and with that done, showed her a picture of NK, maybe that was "the moment" she identified him?
However, even if neighbours could hear her, or even if it seems unlikely no one saw her going back and forth to the container, if they find evidence she was there and she is a minor, does it matter if the neighbours didn't hear a thing? It doesn't change to basic facts she was held there. And if she was held in the container, it sure doesn't sound like a love story.
An awful thought just occurred to me.......my brother has a yappy dog that his neighbours complained about so they bought a "bark collar" which gives a jolt every time it barks. The theory is that getting a little electric shock will over time stop the dog from barking. There are different sizes available. Could she have been fitted with something like this so if she screamed she got zapped? Hands were tied so she couldn't remove it. I have no idea how much of a shock it emits, but he told me it's adjustable with different amounts for "difficult" dogs or larger ones which would weigh more than Abby.

first time poster here....hi all.... has anyone else wondered if the young woman who was seen coming and going by the neighbour was actually abby? its a possibility, i think, though pretty unlikely.

This is really helpful; but I can't read the print even with a magnifier. If you'd repost or PM me the original (not resized) picture I can put it in photobucket and repost it in here, and maybe the print will be readable. (Photobucket makes them show up larger in here for some reason.)

Thanks Poirotry, I will PM you the original so that you can work your magic.

first time poster here....hi all.... has anyone else wondered if the young woman who was seen coming and going by the neighbour was actually abby? its a possibility, i think, though pretty unlikely.
:welcome6:

1. LE said that the information for the sketch was provided by Abby

2. They said that he "drove Abby away" from Conway that day

3. At Kibby's arraignment on Tuesday, July 29th, Jane Young said that they had only gotten the information to arrest Kibby within the "past 48 hours"

4. Conway PD gave Kibby his guns back to him on July 24th.

5. LE has not said one single word since Kibby's arrest about etch-a-sketch man. It seems like at least they are no longer concerned with finding him.

To me all these things add up to etch-a-sketch man being false information provided by Abby, and that she only gave LE the information to narrow-down Kibby in the 48 hours before his arrest. And, as I have said many, many times, none of this means that Abby is not still a victim. I can think of myriad reasons why a kid in her position may have given a fake description of her abductor and waited to finally finger the actual guy who did it. However, it still gives me pause that this was a forced stranger abduction.

However, even if neighbours could hear her, or even if it seems unlikely no one saw her going back and forth to the container, if they find evidence she was there and she is a minor, does it matter if the neighbours didn't hear a thing? It doesn't change to basic facts she was held there. And if she was held in the container, it sure doesn't sound like a love

Again, it may or not matter. It depends upon all the evidence presented, and how the jury chooses to interpret it. For example, if a yelp or scream or even a loud conversation can be easily heard by others from someone inside the shipping container, that would perhaps be evidence that Abby never screamed or yelled, and that would perhaps be evidence that she did not scream or yell because she herself did not want to be found.

"Abby Hernandez told police that a man drove her away on Oct. 9, between 2:20 and 3 p.m., law enforcement officials said in a statement that accompanied the sketch. He was driving a navy blue pick-up, and Abby Hernandez described him as having 'darkish skin,' dark brown eyes, black stubble and a large build." Washington Post.

By the way, while the description that Hernandez provided is demonstrably false (e.g., she described the subject, presumably Kibby, as having "dark brown eyes"; Kibby has blue eyes), that does not necessarily mean that Hernandez intended to provided a false description.

I have thought of that. One thing that strikes me about Abby is how completely different she can look depending on the photo and the angle. She looks like a different person in almost every picture I see of her.

I suppose the counter argument to "not wanting to be found" would be "who in their right mind would want to be kept in a storage container". If you merely wanted to disappear, you could sit in the trailer watching tv all day and not answering the door.

There is nothing (at this point) that will convince me that Abby was complicit in her own kidnapping and imprisonment.

My opinion is that she was kidnapped unwillingly and held against her will. Yes, it is possible that she had a eventual rapport with the kidnapper over the time she was there. But willingly going along with staying there free to come and go... nope, not buying it.

I think that the kidnapper assumed he would be going to jail for the assault charge. He knew Abby would possibly die in the container before she was discovered unless she was released. So, he had 2 options... let her go home or kill her himself. He chose to let her go. He knew the consequenses, this is no dumb guy.
Sick and sadistic, yes. Dumb, no.

I have no explanation for the etch-a-sketch suspect.

But, my opinion stands that Abby was the absolute victim, and not an accomplice to her own kidnapping.

Yes, I know I have. There are many pieces of this case as it has been presented thus far that simply do not fit together for me. I will leave it at that.

(I am having a hard time posting to WS since the changeover, very frustrating to type out long posts and lose it all, grr)

Think back to the Jaycee Dugard case.
Here is my archive (apologies for the quality, I was very new at archiving back then):
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=140769360082608172711382929996

Jaycee Dugard was a much younger child, and was held much, much more time, but the outcome is similar.

That *advertiser censored* also developed a relationship in which the kidnapped victim became dependent on him. For example, his wife and mother also had "family-type" relationships with Jaycee and her daughters.
It is all they had to hang on to life. It became all they knew.

I suppose the counter argument to "not wanting to be found" would be "who in their right mind would want to be kept in a storage container". If you merely wanted to disappear, you could sit in the trailer watching tv all day and not answering the door.

A neighbor from the mobile home park surmised that Abby may have been kept in a storage container. LE has not said one way or another whether that is indeed true. If I recall correctly, the neighbors all said Kibby kept to himself and they didn't know him. I'm not sure what the neighbor making this claim based that belief on. The media sure did glom onto this info and run with it as fact, didn't they? Which, it may be. Or it may not. We don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back