NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old newspaper articles about him are just sad. He claims Denise or Donna Jensen was his wife (her maiden name La Port) and that she was born in Canada and died in 1983. Sometimes he said she died of cancer, sometimes during a robbery and sometimes in a car accident. I would guess he killed her in 1983 and I'm betting it was in Texas. They said while he was under arrest the only calls he made were to RV parks in Texas.

Believe IMO that is also the reason in the Presser they wanted to look deeper into Texas.

But even if he crossed paths, how would he know their birthdate? It's not something someone routinely gives out during a conversation.

Exactly .... Maybe a drivers license, vehicle registration, job application. Would love to know if any of the real persons had any of these items stolen. Or even a possible theft in their homes

I've been brainstorming... I've been wondering if the victims were running from something...

1) Could the Allenstown victims (and possibly Evans) have escaped from a cult? That could be why no one seems to know who they are because in some cults your own family will shun you for leaving, because it disgraces your family that you could defy the leader.

There is no evidence Evans existed (yet) before 1977, could he have escaped a cult too in that year? There estimated time of death is from 1977/1978-1985, and I've wondered even if it could have been in the earlier years.
Scenarios with cult speculation-
  • Allenstown mom escapes cult traveling a distance with children(maybe the oldest is a sister) and Evans "helps" her out
    ]*] Evans finds her elsewhere after they escape and brings her to Allenstown/Manchester (possibly 1980 if she is Elizabeth) maybe his child and her child is the 2 year old and 6 month old, the oldest is a sister that they go back and rescue prior to their deaths? FAR FETCHED I KNOW.
  • Evans also escapes from cult which is why he doesn't seem to exist before 1977, he is able to take one of his children from his multiple wife's, maybe Adult victim is his latest wife (husband recently died, father of her children).

My far fetched scenarios aside, my reasons that lead me to this speculation is the adult's age is estimated to be around 23-33 years old, and if she is around the younger ages, assuming the oldest child is her daughter is estimated to be 5-11 years old, then she would have been in her mid teens when she had her. It isn't unusual in some cults for young girls to marry, even as young as 13. Another explanation would be an incest case. Josef Fritzl held his blood-daughter captive for 24 years and in that time she had seven children from him. Which leads to...

2) Could they have been held captive? I often also wondered if this case was the result of a Jaycee Lee Duggard type kidnapping (which coincidentally she was held in Contra Costa, CA). If Jaycee's captor would have killed her and her children no one would have any idea who they were since Jaycee was 11 when she went missing and there was no proof her daughters ever existed. Maybe the children's existence wasn't ever documented? The same situation goes for Suzanne Sevakis, except in her case she wasn't reported missing. Are we looking for a missing child who was or wasn't reported missing instead of an adult?

3) Could our Doe be a fugitive like Evans? Self explanatory.

4) I hate to put this one out here...what if Adult victim was a runaway forced into sex trafficking. Teen runaway maybe? Another far fetched one, Evans was her pimp. His daughter was another workers child.

But even if he crossed paths, how would he know their birthdate? It's not something someone routinely gives out during a conversation.

BBM

I have wondered ever since the press conference if he obtained the names and all the relevant information that is related to each name through a roster of men he served with in whatever branch of the U.S. military in which he enlisted. I can definitely state through my own experience in the 1970's and 1980's that company clerks in the U.S. Army had access to such information on a daily basis. I'm wondering if all these aliases he adopted came from men with whom he served. In the days before information technology became widespread, it would have been much easier that it would be today.....

Just to close out the little bit of further information I found on Susie Bailey and the fire story. Relatives were active on the ancestry board asking for more info about the fire. the boyfriend she ran off with has been accounted for and Judith's obit stated that she is survived by her sister Susan. So it seems likely that she is not missing.
http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=2&p=topics.news.us.va

Back onto who was RE....

Anaheim police said that Evans would follow a pattern of passing himself of as a single father needing help and endearing himself to women, typically single mothers.

"They would start a relationship, and ultimately, he would then molest the children and, ultimately, murder the children and the adult," Wyatt said.Source: http://www.wmur.com/article/california-police-investigate-man-linked-to-nh-killings/8877991

I wonder if authorities know something they haven't released to the public yet. Even if there is other children other than his daughter and Lisa that he used to lure women. He seemed done with the single dad thing when he met Eunsoon even turned her down with starting a family, and with the fact he kept Lisa alive, I hope he ended there.

Exactly .... Maybe a drivers license, vehicle registration, job application. Would love to know if any of the real persons had any of these items stolen. Or even a possible theft in their homes

One thing that comes to mind is that if he was running a contracting business, he could ask to see a driver's license when he accepted a check in payment, and nobody would have thought anything of it.

I've been brainstorming... I've been wondering if the victims were running from something...

1) Could the Allenstown victims (and possibly Evans) have escaped from a cult? That could be why no one seems to know who they are because in some cults your own family will shun you for leaving, because it disgraces your family that you could defy the leader.

There is no evidence Evans existed (yet) before 1977, could he have escaped a cult too in that year? There estimated time of death is from 1977/1978-1985, and I've wondered even if it could have been in the earlier years.
Scenarios with cult speculation-
  • Allenstown mom escapes cult traveling a distance with children(maybe the oldest is a sister) and Evans "helps" her out
    ]*] Evans finds her elsewhere after they escape and brings her to Allenstown/Manchester (possibly 1980 if she is Elizabeth) maybe his child and her child is the 2 year old and 6 month old, the oldest is a sister that they go back and rescue prior to their deaths? FAR FETCHED I KNOW.
  • Evans also escapes from cult which is why he doesn't seem to exist before 1977, he is able to take one of his children from his multiple wife's, maybe Adult victim is his latest wife (husband recently died, father of her children).

My far fetched scenarios aside, my reasons that lead me to this speculation is the adult's age is estimated to be around 23-33 years old, and if she is around the younger ages, assuming the oldest child is her daughter is estimated to be 5-11 years old, then she would have been in her mid teens when she had her. It isn't unusual in some cults for young girls to marry, even as young as 13. Another explanation would be an incest case. Josef Fritzl held his blood-daughter captive for 24 years and in that time she had seven children from him. Which leads to...

2) Could they have been held captive? I often also wondered if this case was the result of a Jaycee Lee Duggard type kidnapping (which coincidentally she was held in Contra Costa, CA). If Jaycee's captor would have killed her and her children no one would have any idea who they were since Jaycee was 11 when she went missing and there was no proof her daughters ever existed. Maybe the children's existence wasn't ever documented? The same situation goes for Suzanne Sevakis, except in her case she wasn't reported missing. Are we looking for a missing child who was or wasn't reported missing instead of an adult?

3) Could our Doe be a fugitive like Evans? Self explanatory.

4) I hate to put this one out here...what if Adult victim was a runaway forced into sex trafficking. Teen runaway maybe? Another far fetched one, Evans was her pimp. His daughter was another workers child.

I'm inclining toward #3. Well, maybe not the Allenstown adult, but the woman he claimed was his wife. I'm even wondering if she was involved in the murders. RE brings his current girlfriend and children home, girlfriend gets killed, children kept or killed, lather rinse repeat.

But your scenarios make me think that it might be worth searching UIDs in Texas in 1983 for clues. Without further information abot "LaPort" I don't suppose I'll be able to tell much, but I'm going to go see what I can find...

I think confirming that he indeed had a military background is the first step into unlocking his whereabouts prior to 1977.
In the 2017 press conf. they said they had agencies looking deeper into that angle.
It sounds like his aliases & some of the information he gave are derivatives of real people he's come into contact with over the years.
Just close enough to the original to sound genuine, not too close to raise red flags and alert the real people with those names or authorities.

One thing that comes to mind is that if he was running a contracting business, he could ask to see a driver's license when he accepted a check in payment, and nobody would have thought anything of it.

Valid point... There is something to the ID's For some reason I'm not completely sold on military all thou its possible. Tend to lean towards him crossing paths with the individuals possibly wether it was work related, social setting, possible theft home robbery, vehicle stolen or pick pocket.

How did him acquire the three different vehicles he had been know to have in his posession.

Truly wish LE could provide a timeline of when he had each one.

I can only assume one that is the 60's Dodge, that was traced back to a motel in TX ... One thing I noticed it did not state the name whom it was registered under. Given the timeline of alias would assume it would be CMK

There is still a 70's model White Van and a VW van where do these vehicles fit into the timeline and where did he acquire them.

On another note we do not have a description of the truck that was stolen from ID

So when he changed his name from Robert Evans to Gordon C Jenson, he also changed Denise's name to Donna Laport(e) Jenson and Dawn to Lisa Jenson. He ditched Dawn/Lisa, moved to Idaho and change his name to Gerald E Mockerman. Got caught with stealing the car from Idaho, moved back to San Louis Obispo. Then three years later he moved to Contra Costa and changed his name to Lawrence William Vanner which is the name he was using when he met Jun. Why the move and name change in 2001 from Mockerman to Vanner? And also Elizabeth Evans is most likely the name he changed the woman in the barrel's name to, and I'll bet the children used the last name Evans as well. So was he seen with any children between 1998 and 2001? Because I'm betting he killed another one and her mother during that time. Just have to wonder why he let Lisa live, because she was a loose end that has unraveled this whole thing.

Just caught up on thread. Some scattershot observations, apologies for not replying directly to previous comments:

Carnival worker - I'm a lifelong New Englander, currently living 30 mins from Allenstown and Manchester. "Carnies" would generally work at carnivals or fairs. As someone said, this would be a summer-time gig in the NE area, usually set up to coincide with "Old Home Day" weekends in many small towns or larger agricultural/entertainment fairs in some cases (e.g., Deerfield, adjacent to Allenstown, has a massive one each year). Mechanics, electricians, handymen would definitely be needed to maintain and repair a lot of the rides and vehicles associated with these events.

Danish ancestry and "Eastern accent" - The claim of Danish ancestry is puzzling to me. I agree that is probable in general that there is some truth in lots of what RE told people, and the Danish ancestry thing may be one of those instances. However, it is NOT a prevalent or active group in this region, nor do I suspect it would have been 50 years ago, when RE was coming up. As some have said, French-Canadian is the stand-out ancestry in northern New England (ME-NH-VT). Many middle-aged folks in the south central NH remember growing up in homes were French was regularly spoken, lots of French surnames, road names, etc. NH has fewer early 20th century "ethnics" than southern NE, which has a lot (Irish in eastern MA, RI and CT; Italians in NY area, southeastern CT and coastal cities, Poles in central CT, etc.). There are certainly pockets of other ethnicities in NH beyond French-Canadians (e.g., Greeks in Manchester), but New England does not retain a strong footprint of Scandanavian immigration such as is obvious in the upper Midwest.

I'm not saying RE is not Danish, but his being Danish would not mark him more reliably as being a Northeasterner. In fact, to me, it would be a convenient way to obfuscate one's (American) origins. Since he was somewhat tall, light-haired, and blue-eyed, saying he was Danish would be a way to garner instant credibility without giving anything away about where he was actually from. It'd be like if a really tall blonde guy from Pawtucket, RI told me he was Swedish. I'd believe him, find it interesting, and would be none the wiser as to whether he was from Rochester, MN or anywhere else.

The accent is more telling, I believe. I would propose three likely "accents" an outsider or a fellow east-coast expat (such as the Nor Cal detective) would pick up on, two being actual accent types and the other being more of a distinct cadence, common to most northeastern speakers: 1) Northeastern city accent; 2) Backwoods New England accent; 3) fast talking. I suspect the detective picked up on one of the above. The city accent varies by city (Boston/Providence is more "pawk the caw"..NYC, though somewhat different, also drops the "r" at the end of words and would be striking to anyone outside the area...that said, the accent is so famous from movies and what not, that I'd be surprised others wouldn't have picked up on this tell, even non-east-coast natives among whom RE lived for so many years). Backwoods accent (Maine, much of western and northern New England) sounds similar, but may be a little more subtle. Finally, non-northerners will often highlight the speed with which Yankees talk as being distinct (and probably abrasive!). This is less an accent thing - Vermont, western MA and central CT is largely devoid of a recognizable accent - than a pacing cadence, with some pronunciation quirks (e.g., northeasterners may call a town named "Wilton" Wilt-En, while outsiders may call it Wil-Ton).

Concord Monitor Article on Ms. Randall / Oakhill: The article says "it is not clear how Randall got to the RE name in 2014." I respect the work of Oakhill and assume they know what they are doing as far as informing the police and keeping things close to the vest in certain cases, but it would've been nice for the article itself to, I dunno, ask her about how she got to RE in 2014!?? I had not ever heard this detail until another poster mentioned it, nor do I recall Oakhill ever mentioning it before the press conference in January.

Another interesting tidbit from the article is that there were other tracks in Allenstown when they were hiking there. Anyone know about how the site is treated today? It's private property, yes? Have there been many instances of pilgrims and/or run-ins with police / town / residents over trespassing there?

Oakhill comments - I find them tantalizing, but tend to discount them ultimately. I think this crime (A4) was pulled off in secrecy; if there were "rumors" about the strange handyman from Manchester, they would have been sussed out earlier. Instead, I think that while a lot of people may have been in Allenstown/Bear Brook at that time, and there may have been some hearsay, I don't think anyone really knew what happened. Not to say there aren't people out there who knew RE (or whatever he went by) in NH who can help advance the case.

Aliases - Why does he need (non-fictitious) aliases? What does he get out of them? SSN, Birthdates to obtain official ID to obtain employment? Real, fresh names to give police if pinched for something small? I don't get why he would keep the birthday but change the birth year by a decade, for instance...Wouldn't this un-do the whole point?

Veteran - I don't know if it's already been mentioned (nor if I'm hallucinating this) but I believe in the most recent press conference, investigators cited as possible evidence for RE having been in the military was the way he tied knots and performed other manual tasks and tricks that was reminiscent of military training. I wonder what things they've been able to track down to propound this notion. Perhaps this is based on his personal belongings when he was arrested for the Eunsoon Jun (sp?) murder? Maybe the ways his victims were bound?

I'm also curious as to the nature of his time in the military, if indeed he was. To have been in active duty in Vietnam, he would have likely had to been born in the latter half of the birthdate range I would think (1945 - 52). Is there any forensic or psychological evidence in his case or MO that would be consistent with active duty trauma of an extremely bad variety? As to his identity, could it be a Dick Whitman / Don Draper type of situation, where he was presumed dead by the family but returns back stateside to start a new life with a new name?

Might be worth mapping the major naval bases from 60 - 70's and see if there is a correlation to where he was moving to. Seems like he may have been familiar with the places he resided in. It wasn't uncommon for Vietnam vets to roam after they came back home and not be reported missing. Or perhaps he was an orphan, reached 18 and they sent him out into the world. Thing I don't understand is, in order to work as an electrician, even in the 70's, they needed to have a license. How did he work in that capacity in Manchester without a license?

methinks he was trying to get something out of her. like babysitting or other stuff.

Cry me a river....

http://qctimes.com/news/national/fo...cle_72b933ca-ed6c-5613-a4e2-0a60aeada7d4.html

Bob Evans sat at a picnic table outside friend Katherine Decker's motorhome in 1986, sobbing that his wife had died when his then-5-year-old daughter, Lisa, was just a baby.

"He really did cry. He'd cry and blow his nose and everything when he talked about it," Decker recalled. "I used to feel really bad all the time about it. Every time I saw him, I'd just feel sick."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

agree... he changed names when he killed another women and kids if any....

So when he changed his name from Robert Evans to Gordon C Jenson, he also changed Denise's name to Donna Laport(e) Jenson and Dawn to Lisa Jenson. He ditched Dawn/Lisa, moved to Idaho and change his name to Gerald E Mockerman. Got caught with stealing the car from Idaho, moved back to San Louis Obispo. Then three years later he moved to Contra Costa and changed his name to Lawrence William Vanner which is the name he was using when he met Jun. Why the move and name change in 2001 from Mockerman to Vanner? And also Elizabeth Evans is most likely the name he changed the woman in the barrel's name to, and I'll bet the children used the last name Evans as well. So was he seen with any children between 1998 and 2001? Because I'm betting he killed another one and her mother during that time. Just have to wonder why he let Lisa live, because she was a loose end that has unraveled this whole thing.

re: aliases

Making a false birthdate by keeping the month and day but changing the year is a really common way for people to lie about their age. We've found lots of cases where a runaway, for instance, changes the year of their birth but not the rest. So if he did that in the first case when he changed his identity, he may have kept it as a habit. Changing it from the stolen ID would also make it less likely to be detected on a police check or whatever.

re: the electrician's license: there is always work for a competent electrician even if unlicensed. Maybe he said he had it and nobody ever asked to see it (quite likely, especially then) or maybe it was all under the table, including how he was paid.

Interesting that one of the Oak Hill research folks knew about RE in 2014.
I'm guessing it's probably from one of the comments they received, but that's all it is, is a guess.
I also wonder if they passed on the tip to investigators when they discovered his name? I ask because the Concord monitor article states LE wouldn't connect his name to Allenstown for two years, so it kinda sounds like maybe they didn't. Hopefully, one of them can please clarify that.

re: aliases

Making a false birthdate by keeping the month and day but changing the year is a really common way for people to lie about their age. We've found lots of cases where a runaway, for instance, changes the year of their birth but not the rest. So if he did that in the first case when he changed his identity, he may have kept it as a habit. Changing it from the stolen ID would also make it less likely to be detected on a police check or whatever.

re: the electrician's license: there is always work for a competent electrician even if unlicensed. Maybe he said he had it and nobody ever asked to see it (quite likely, especially then) or maybe it was all under the table, including how he was paid.

Oh yes the electrical license have been checking into that.
Reading up on it you can work as a journeyman w/o a license as long as you are suprvised. Found a few states where you cAn look up a license by nAme. Most thus far do not go very far back in years

It does show wether their license is active or expired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle