NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
New article from a Boston news station featuring an interview with a criminologist, offering insight to TR's case.

Yes! This is the kind of thinking I had! He was RIGHT there! Hard not to think there has to be a connection, somehow.

The article erroneously notes that TR moved to NH from AZ. He moved to NH from TX.

I was hoping the criminal profile of TR would be longer. He doesn’t really bring anything knew to the table that we already didn’t know. Was hoping for more information

Sent using Tapatalk

"...."This killer had to make certain that the bodies weren't found at all because then the authorities would know he had a relationship with them" Levin said. ..." 1. http://www.fox25boston.com/%E2%80%A6/criminologist-allens%E2%80%A6/701423002

What did they mean by not wanting the bodies to be found ? I'm guessing they meant not found at the time of the crime because surly if never to be found one wouldn't put the bodies in barrels on someone's property where they most likely would of been found one day. Almost as if a frame up. Also why no cloths found, and what would the reason be for that. If to avoid detection who would even think about that or know to do that.

According to the Boston piece, Laureen Rahn disappeared in April of 1980. Terry lived 1 1/2 miles away, presumably with Denise Beaudin. Denise did not get pregnant until around August of 1980 and the child was not related to Terry, so while Terry was living with Denise, she got pregnant by someone else. I wonder if the police knew exactly or approximately when Terry started living with Denise.

According to the Boston piece, Laureen Rahn disappeared in April of 1980. Terry lived 1 1/2 miles away, presumably with Denise Beaudin. Denise did not get pregnant until around August of 1980 and the child was not related to Terry, so while Terry was living with Denise, she got pregnant by someone else. I wonder if the police knew exactly or approximately when Terry started living with Denise.
This is off memory, but I think it was said they started dating during the first/mid months of her pregnancy. Denise was from Goffstown, (a town over from Manchester) so it was Terry's home prior to their relationship. I think timelines placed him there 1978/1979. I'll have to check my notes on this case.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

This is off memory, but I think it was said they started dating during the first/mid months of her pregnancy. Denise was from Goffstown, (a town over from Manchester) so it was Terry's home prior to their relationship. I think timelines placed him there 1978/1979. I'll have to check my notes on this case.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I believe he was arrested on at Hayward Street in 02/1980 for bouncing a check which was written 12/21/79. I'm not sure exactly but I guess it was said that he listed a spouse named Elizabeth that lived with him when he was arrested. Later someone signed for a certified letter named Elizabeth, I think as Elizabeth Evans.

Here is part of a time line:

[FONT=&amp]Sept. 28, 1978: Divorce finalized. Rasmussen’s whereabouts unknown.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1978-1979 (approx.): Rasmussen works at Waumbec Mills in Manchester as head electrician Bob Evans.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]February 1980: Rasmussen arrested in Manchester as Robert T. Evans for issuing bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficent funds).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]May 1980: Rasmussen arrested in Manchester as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]October 1980: Rasmussen arrested in Manchester as Evans for diverting electric current.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]November 1981: Denise Beaudin missing shortly after Thanksgiving with 6-month-old daughter and boyfriend, Bob Evans.
[/FONT]

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20170818/NEWS03/170819310

"The" Robert Evans / Rasmussen doesn't show up in the directories for Manchester till 1981, though it's been said he was arrested there in 02/1980 ~

I don't recall ever reading exactly when he and Denise started dating/living together. The pictures that are out there of the two of them at a barbecue didn't really have a date on them. I personally think they were taken in the late spring/summer of 1981 and that she is postpartum in the pictures, not pregnant, but I'm just guessing based on my own experience with pregnancy and how I looked after delivery. I wasn't one of the lucky few who bounced right back.

I wonder if it’s known who Dawn’s bio dad is? Is he alive or dead?

I wish Denise’s parents would do an interview. She’s still missing and it might help to know more about Denise to locate her.

Sent using Tapatalk

I don't recall ever reading exactly when he and Denise started dating/living together. The pictures that are out there of the two of them at a barbecue didn't really have a date on them. I personally think they were taken in the late spring/summer of 1981 and that she is postpartum in the pictures, not pregnant, but I'm just guessing based on my own experience with pregnancy and how I looked after delivery. I wasn't one of the lucky few who bounced right back.
It is my understanding that there is only one photo of Denise and Terry together and that photo was spliced together (a photo of Denise was "added" to a photo of Terry) and they were not actually together at the barbecue.

Let's have another look at the people who have been seen with or known to have associated with Terry that haven't been located or identified.

1. The female visitor who came with Terry to AZ in either 75/76 (this according to the NHDOJ)
2. Denise Beaudin (last seen Nov 1981)
3. The Allenstown 4 (discovered 1985, 2000)
4. Lisa recalls possible brothers and sisters (died eating grass mushrooms, also a woman recalled babysitting Lisa and a 6 month old girl in 84/85 Rasmussen)
5. The woman that gave birth to Terry's daughter in the barrell

There are a host of hypotheticals. The female in TX could very well be the Allenstown mother. The 6 month old girl could be a sibling Lisa recollected. Or they could all be separate people. My personal thought is the TX woman and the Allenstown woman are two separate people. I feel as though the mother of Terry's daughter in the barrel is the TX woman that he brought to AZ. If they had a child in 1978, before he moved, the timeline is in place for that child to be his daughter in the barrel.

The thing with Terry is he never followed a code for how he moved about. It appears he didn't always kill than move (at least with Jun). Though if we forced the point he very well could have.

Kills TX woman, takes baby to NH
Meets the woman in the barrel, has a relationship, kills her and the kids and moves within NH
Meets Denise, has a relationship, kills her and moves
Meets a woman in CA while with Lisa, has a baby, kills the woman and moves within CA

What I've been concentrating on are missing persons that fit the timelines where Terry was known to have lived, especially in CA. The woman that babysat the 6 month old for Terry gives us a firm timeframe considering that at only 6 months old, the babies mother would have likely disappeared very recently. We should be looking for UID's or ID's woman who were murdered who recently gave birth in CA.

Lots to chew on, but this page has been stale for a while. Time to get back into finding out who these victims are.

I completely agree with what you are saying here. I just have one slight correction. Terry arrived in California in 1984 with Lisa and the 6 month old without a female companion. The 6 month old’s mother is not from California. Texas or Georgia would be good possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that there is only one photo of Denise and Terry together and that photo was spliced together (a photo of Denise was "added" to a photo of Terry) and they were not actually together at the barbecue.
Yes, that's true, the picture wasn't of them taken together but spliced. The way I worded what I wrote wasn't clear, I apologize, but I did write "the pictures" to indicate I knew it wasn't a single picture of them posing together. I bolded the parts below to show I pluralized them, for that reason:

The pictures that are out there of the two of them at a barbecue didn't really have a date on them. I personally think they were taken in the late spring/summer of 1981

I completely agree with what you are saying here. I just have one slight correction. Terry arrived in California in 1984 with Lisa and the 6 month old without a female companion. The 6 month old’s mother is not from California. Texas or Georgia would be good possibilities.

Correct me if I am wrong, TR resurfaced in 1984 in CA but it's unknown when he actually arrived in CA. My understanding is that his whereabouts are unknown until from Nov. '81 in NH until 1984 in CA.

You are correct. LE is not aware, or was not at the time of press conference when Denise and Bob/Terry started seeing each other. Pictures from barbeque actually did have a stamp on them which LE said was summer of 1981. (For some reason I have August in my memory but can't confirm that, but definitely summer). LE also said that even though there is stamp on the photos they, LE "assume" that due to size of Denise's belly pictures were actually taken in early spring and stamp was only added when pictures were developed.

I, like you, do believe photo stamp is actually correct and Denise is already post partum in that photo.

Yes, there were two different pictures but from the same party. They were submitted to LE by person who was at that same party as Denise and Terry.

If I am misunderstanding and you actually stipulating that they were both there but not as a couple, hmm well, who knows. Well, LE would know the answer to that by statements from this same witness.

My assumption would be that they were already couple if photos are from summer (August) 1981. Only 3 month after that, in November, they were all gone.

Correct me if I am wrong, TR resurfaced in 1984 in CA but it's unknown when he actually arrived in CA. My understanding is that his whereabouts are unknown until from Nov. '81 in NH until 1984 in CA.

Yes, his whereabouts are unknown, but he is suspected to have spent some time in Texas and/or Georgia due to some IDs he later used that were stolen from both Texas and Georgia during the timeframe. Other places are possible in addition to or in place of Texas and/or Georgia.

Yes, his whereabouts are unknown, but he is suspected to have spent some time in Texas and/or Georgia due to some IDs he later used that were stolen from both Texas and Georgia during the timeframe. Other places are possible in addition to or in place of Texas and/or Georgia.

Agreed. He could have been anywhere between those years, just like he seemed to randomly pop up sometime between 86-88 in Idaho where he stole the truck (I'm going by the Globe timeline). He could have even stayed for a bit in NH or the New England area after 1981. He seemed to have no trouble getting around.

I guess this is old information but I believe I see a listing for Terry in California. from a 171 Directory ... : also if it's him shows a place of employment as well, which believe is still a shoe repair shop or was as of 2016:

attachment.php

From the timeline : Though according to this listing the dates differ :

".....
[FONT=&amp]July 20, 1968: Married wife in Hawaii.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1969: Moved to Phoenix. Twin daughters born. Worked as electrician for boss, “Otto” (company unknown).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1970: Moved family to Redwood City, Calif., and worked as electrician in Palo Alto. Son is born.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1972: Rasumssen’s daughter born. Rasmussen and wife separate temporarily.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1973 (approx.): Rasmussen and family move back to Phoenix. Works again for “Otto” and works in shoe shop.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1973: Rasmussen’s wife and children leave him....."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20170818/NEWS03/170819310

Phoenix is quite a distance away from Redwood <shrug> [/FONT]

Attachments

• 1971REDWOODCITY.jpg
    1971REDWOODCITY.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online