NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, his whereabouts are unknown, but he is suspected to have spent some time in Texas and/or Georgia due to some IDs he later used that were stolen from both Texas and Georgia during the timeframe. Other places are possible in addition to or in place of Texas and/or Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know the exact month and year of the stolen IDs?

Sent using Tapatalk

I guess this is old information but I believe I see a listing for Terry in California. from a 171 Directory ... : also if it's him shows a place of employment as well, which believe is still a shoe repair shop or was as of 2016:

attachment.php

From the timeline : Though according to this listing the dates differ :

".....
[FONT=&amp]July 20, 1968: Married wife in Hawaii.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1969: Moved to Phoenix. Twin daughters born. Worked as electrician for boss, “Otto” (company unknown).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1970: Moved family to Redwood City, Calif., and worked as electrician in Palo Alto. Son is born.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1972: Rasumssen’s daughter born. Rasmussen and wife separate temporarily.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1973 (approx.): Rasmussen and family move back to Phoenix. Works again for “Otto” and works in shoe shop.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1973: Rasmussen’s wife and children leave him....."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20170818/NEWS03/170819310

Phoenix is quite a distance away from Redwood <shrug> [/FONT]
Great find!

I must be missing something, why do you think the dates don't match?

I thought he was in the Redwood area in 1971.

Great find!

I must be missing something, why do you think the dates don't match?

I thought he was in the Redwood area in 1971.

I think the thought was because the timeline says he works for a shoe shop in '73 after moving back to Phoenix. It doesn't list shoe shop employment in '70-'73 when he's known to be in redwood. Either an error in reporting OR he worked in two shoe shops in both redwood and Phoenix.

This is an important find because this is the first time I've noticed a pattern of him working somewhere else besides electrical companies. We know TR worked in his parents shoe shop in '67-'68 in HI.

Shoe shops are in every little town, he has experience working in shoe shops.... this could be very well how TR was able to drift from city to city while in between gigs as "head electrician" at various companies. Much easier to find employment at shoe shops than as "head electricians" IMO.

Of note, I found a famous shoe store in LV that was called Robert Evans Shoes (opened in 1981), after the proprietor. He also operated and owned the Shoe Tree 1956-1986 and supplied shoes to the entertainment there. He was also in the Navy and had a wife with a similar name to the one who signed for the mail in NH. It may be nothing, but I'm thinking it may be where TR could have gotten this identity from?

Of note, I found a famous shoe store in LV that was called Robert Evans Shoes (opened in 1981), after the proprietor. He also operated and owned the Shoe Tree 1956-1986 and supplied shoes to the entertainment there. He was also in the Navy and had a wife with a similar name to the one who signed for the mail in NH. It may be nothing, but I'm thinking it may be where TR could have gotten this identity from?

Whoa. Interesting:

We do not. Early 80’s on the one stolen in Texas is the best information I know of.

I almost wonder if some of the stolen ID's were from customers he did handyman work for. With Georgia, I wonder how long he stayed there or if he was just passing through. He was supposedly arrested under an alias there. I also wonder if all his alias's were stolen.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

wow msphilosopher Exactly right.. and you worded better than I could !
Thank You

I think the thought was because the timeline says he works for a shoe shop in '73 after moving back to Phoenix. It doesn't list shoe shop employment in '70-'73 when he's known to be in redwood. Either an error in reporting OR he worked in two shoe shops in both redwood and Phoenix.

This is an important find because this is the first time I've noticed a pattern of him working somewhere else besides electrical companies. We know TR worked in his parents shoe shop in '67-'68 in HI.

Shoe shops are in every little town, he has experience working in shoe shops.... this could be very well how TR was able to drift from city to city while in between gigs as "head electrician" at various companies. Much easier to find employment at shoe shops than as "head electricians" IMO.

I should say that I assume it's Terry Rasmussen the Terry. guess there is a chance it may be another <shrug>

Also there is still as of 2016 per google maps still a shoe repair shop there.

I saw that obit and didn't know if I should post it, but some of the info in it is eerily similar to TR. Since his parents were in the same business and located in the west, I'm thinking perhaps he may have known of this other shoe business.

Oops, hope it's ok I posted it*. From what I'm finding "The Shoe Tree" seems to have been a large chain of shoe stores all across the US. I found newspaper references to Shoe Tree stores in Texas and California in the 1970's. TR may have known about it because of his parent's business or I think it's entirely possible TR worked at a Shoe Tree at some point and knew the name of the man who started the chain. Either way, it seems like something that would fit his MO to use a name tangentially connected to his past but remake himself as an electrician instead of a shoe salesman/repairman so there was no obvious connection.

*ETA: I went back and deleted the link just to be safe

I saw that obit and didn't know if I should post it, but some of the info in it is eerily similar to TR. Since his parents were in the same business and located in the west, I'm thinking perhaps he may have known of this other shoe business.

From the link it says:

"Evans was known for his charitable efforts, his family said. Through his business he often contributed to people in need whether it was a family with financial problems or a family recovering from a tragedy."

It could be very possible that TR worked for or met the real RE. TR always had financial problems from being on the run and also known for making up "tragedy" stories so people would help him.

Also, I believe Nevada was one of the states that his Allenstown daughter could have been from, if i'm not mistaken?

I wonder if the shoe store has employee records that go back to the '70s? Doubtful.

ETA: We know TR traveled between CA - AZ / TX in the early '70s. I'd be surprised if he never went to LV during those times.

Here is another tid-bit of information Not sure if I posted it but in 1977 Terry's wife files for divorce.. filed in OCT Middle column middle of page apprx.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DissolutionFiled-oct101977-25.jpg
    DissolutionFiled-oct101977-25.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 86
Here is another tid-bit of information Not sure if I posted it but in 1977 Terry's wife files for divorce.. filed in OCT Middle column middle of page apprx.

attachment.php
It's in California not Arizona. (shrug)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This one should be easier to read hopefully .. all the :

attachment.php
Nov 25th 1977

Here is the timeline from the unionleader for these dates

[FONT=&quot]July 20, 1968: Married wife in Hawaii.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1969: Moved to Phoenix. Twin daughters born. Worked as electrician for boss, “Otto” (company unknown).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1970: Moved family to Redwood City, Calif., and worked as electrician in Palo Alto. Son is born.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1972: Rasumssen’s daughter born. Rasmussen and wife separate temporarily.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1973 (approx.): Rasmussen and family move back to Phoenix. Works again for “Otto” and works in shoe shop.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1973: Rasmussen’s wife and children leave him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]December 1974: Rasmussen unexpectedly visits wife and children in Payson, Ariz., in the company of an unidentified female. He indicates he is living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. It’s the last time his family sees him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]June 1978: Rasmussen contacts friends in Arizona and asks for money. Tells friends he is working on oil rig in Texas.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sept. 28, 1978: Divorce finalized. Rasmussen’s whereabouts unknown.

[/FONT]
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20170818/NEWS03/170819310

Guess I'm wondering was Terry back in Redwood City Area of California ... If so between California and Arizona seems there were a number of years spent there. His bio child is said to have been 3-4 years of age... from say 1978 when the divorced filed end of 77 was filed in California, would be 1981 / 1982 when a child if born in that time would reach that age of 3-4 . When Denise went to her parents on thanksgiving 1981 they didn't mention any other children , so either his bio child wasn't there with them or the bio child may not have been born yet. <shrug>
If I worded this correctly ....

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Attachments

• PaperarticleCrop-nov251977-52-1977.png
    PaperarticleCrop-nov251977-52-1977.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 76
I think it's most likely bio child was born any where from '75-'78 and the barrels/murder took place anywhere from '78-'81

JMO

It could be. Interesting.

I almost wonder if some of the stolen ID's were from customers he did handyman work for. With Georgia, I wonder how long he stayed there or if he was just passing through. He was supposedly arrested under an alias there. I also wonder if all his alias's were stolen.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s know how TR came in contact with the people. And I have also heard of the arrest. However, I also hear the arrest records were destroyed, so all they have is a list of arrests with a matching name.

I think it's most likely bio child was born any where from '75-'78 and the barrels/murder took place anywhere from '78-'81

JMO
Wish I knew more of the science what condition the bodies in 11/85 we're in and what time frame it would be to get in that condition. At the time the atty general was quoted as saying a year possibly more. But I guess it's not an exact science so it makes it more difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member