Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well goodnight all. Have to get up very early in the AM. Maybe tomorrow. I truly hope this does not turn out to be one of these cases where we never know what has happened and another child disappears into thin air. I am hoping for a miracle.

I just saw it too. AL doesn't look at all like I pictured.
I see both CC & KL looking a bit like him.

AL looked very unstable, poor guy, and as though those around him
were somewhat worried about whether he could do it.

When Jane was speaking, his eyes blinked in time with what she was saying.
He seemed to be medicated/sedated

Despite that I've been able to get a lot of things done today, in between reading
& commenting here.... I think I've been here too long.

It's just so easy to get caught up in some cases. This one more than others.
Or prolly just because I've got so much more free time on my hands, since I retired.
I didn't even spend this much time on the Caylee A case...
& I read almost all the doc dumps & followed here, too, during that case.
Here are the meds that cause dry eyes and are relevant to adult males:
blood pressure meds and diuretics
Antihistamines and decongestants
Certain antidepressants
Pain relievers, such as ibuprofen and naproxen

I was struck, actually, by how he looks EXACTLY like her. It's like, she's a clone except she's feminine and he's masculine. When you look at that basketball pic, and his interview pic, they certainly favor. I wonder about the earlier reporting that he was "very ill". When I think of "very ill", I think of someone who wouldn't be fine in a week. Hmm.
He might have high blood pressure.

Well goodnight all. Have to get up very early in the AM. Maybe tomorrow. I truly hope this does not turn out to be one of these cases where we never know what has happened and another child disappears into thin air. I am hoping for a miracle.

Amen! We are all hoping for a happy outcome. At this juncture, sadly, it will take a miracle. Whatever the outcome, there needs to be closure here, one way or another. I do not wish to see this beautiful child forever on a milk carton. Thanks Farm for your many excellent posts. skier

that discuss some links with sexual offenses:

BACKGROUND: Studies have found an elevated incidence of violent sexual offences in males with schizophrenia.

More specifically, schizophrenics are approximately four times more likely to have been convicted for a serious sexual offense than their non-mentally ill counterparts.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15188019

I know the SF does not appear to have any charges of this type. He did attack the former GF but that did not appear to be sexually motivated. But it does concern me that close members of his family have sexual offenses. I wonder if they also have psychiatric issues as they do tend to have a genetic component.

No, that is not a symptom. Schizophrenics are frequently socially withdrawn. You may be thinking of bipolar disorder.

I think the bio dad is very sick...and has still not recovered. He probably insisted on saying something...or LE asked him to say something. But I think he wanted to speak even though he is obviously still very sick. Bless his heart...

I really wonder if anyone knew about this guy (SF) and his family. I know I would have serious issues if my niece or cousin or whoever was put into that situation with this kind of guy as SF. If I were a relative or parent of a close friend and I even saw the SF's FB page I would have serious concerns. I wish someone had intervened. But I doubt anyone helped her leave as if they were smart enough to see danger they wouldn't commit a crime to help her and certainly wouldn't continue it in the face of what has transpired.

I still have a feeling IF she left it was because she was scared of SF.....
I just have a feeling that would make most sense to me with the SF's comment "get your butt home" as if he is upset and knows exactly why she left and now her bio dad making the public plea letting her know he is better,he'll be there for her,he'll protect her....just IMO and a feeling I have....

I can understand the desire from privacy. I remember in the early 80s when I lived in Boston there was a plane crash. A Boston TV station had cameras zooming into the home of a grieving family in New Bedford. It wasevening and with the lightson inside, they were showing the extended family gathering. That reporting stuck with me all these years. I thought that people at that station were vultures and have avoided watching their newscastsever since. Sadly, though, most media outlets are sensationalist now in their competition to be the first of the scene, have the most explosive coverage. Look at the Smart family. The Smarts used the media to get attention on Elizabeth's abduction. Ed and Lois both had brothers that were media-savvy. But after the first few weeks, there was sensational coverage saying that the Smart uncles were part of a bizarre sex ring. Marc Klass pointed suspicions at Tom Smart. And long after the case was out of the spotlight and Elizabeth's little sister was able to identify who the abductor was, LE told the family not to go public. They were convinced the kidnapper had been someone else. After several months of police not following up and consultation with John Walsh, the Smarts went forward with the information about "Immanuel". That information was broadcaston America's Most Wanted. Immanuel's relatives recognized him and reported the lead. Within days of the AMW broadcast, police received calls from several people who spotted him walking with two women. Fourteen-year-old Elizabeth was one of the "women". That was such a fantastic outcome, after all that time! Media attention is a double-edge sword. It helps to get the word out but it can also bring more heartache to an already stressed family. Sometimes those who plead most obvously for their child's safe return are actually the perpetrators (i.e., Susan Smith). And sometimes the media skewers family members for real or imagined flaws (i.e., Jonathan Foster's mother and stepfather) and it turns out they had no involvement in the child's disapperance.

Personally I think it's a good tactic to have family members get up in front of the media and make pleas for their missing loved ones. It gives LE a chance to watch body language and behaviour while discussing the missing person.

Maybe they asked and the mother and SF refused. They may have asked the bio dad just to get a response from the mother and SF. Since he was in the hospital and likely has nothing to hide he agreed. You just never know what is going on with an investigation I suppose.

MOO

I am going to speak openly about my son whom I have referred to earlier in this thread as having been discharged from the Air Force with psychotic episodes of unknown origin and schizophreniform. He is currently 23 years of age and on 70% disability.

He does not have paranoid schizophrenia although he has had some slight paranoia in the past. He thought people were out to get him, were going to beat him or hurt his car in some way. He was insistent that this was the case even though we never saw any evidence of that.

His views of what is normal are very skewed. He obsesses about things..likes movies, actors, actresses, and video games. He obsesses about previous relationships...and always claims to be in love with one of the girls he dated before he became ill.

It is very difficult for him to have good, ongoing friendships. This leaves him with his family...and with the computer. There are days when our son seems much like the young guy we remember...the one who was popular, active and hilarious. There are other days when we hardly recognize him as the person we knew. Fortunately, he is having more good days than bad.

I can attest to the fact that he does not think he is "sick" and does not see the need for medication. His psychiatric team told us that we could "force" him to take his medication, nor could we "oversee" that he took it. It was solely his responsibility. We explained that if he wanted to live in our home, he had to take the meds....so he moved out. It has been a very long road.

I'm happy for the the psych nurses who are celebrating that they survived without going "crazy," and I appreciate all they have done to help those who suffer with mental illness. I'm sure it has been a challenge. However, please remember those of us who never "retire" from facing mental illness everyday...because that mental illness belongs to someone we love...a son, daughter, wife, husband, parent.

Presser was same as usual. They are still looking. Her bio dad is out of the hospital and he spoke. He looks exhausted. :(

Personally I think it's a good tactic to have family members get up in front of the media and make pleas for their missing loved ones. It gives LE a chance to watch body language and behaviour while discussing the missing person.

Maybe they asked and the mother and SF refused. They may have asked the bio dad just to get a response from the mother and SF. Since he was in the hospital and likely has nothing to hide he agreed. You just never know what is going on with an investigation I suppose.

MOO
Bless him for finding the strength to address the media and show love and concern for his missing daughter. Hopefully this isn't more than he can handle right now. :prayer:

I am going to speak openly about my son whom I have referred to earlier in this thread as having been discharged from the Air Force with psychotic episodes of unknown origin and schizophreniform. He is currently 23 years of age and on 70% disability.

He does not have paranoid schizophrenia although he has had some slight paranoia in the past. He thought people were out to get him, were going to beat him or hurt his car in some way. He was insistent that this was the case even though we never saw any evidence of that.

His views of what is normal are very skewed. He obsesses about things..likes movies, actors, actresses, and video games. He obsesses about previous relationships...and always claims to be in love with one of the girls he dated before he became ill.

It is very difficult for him to have good, ongoing friendships. This leaves him with his family...and with the computer. There are days when our son seems much like the young guy we remember...the one who was popular, active and hilarious. There are other days when we hardly recognize him as the person we knew. Fortunately, he is having more good days than bad.

I can attest to the fact that he does not think he is "sick" and does not see the need for medication. His psychiatric team told us that we could "force" him to take his medication, nor could we "oversee" that he took it. It was solely his responsibility. We explained that if he wanted to live in our home, he had to take the meds....so he moved out. It has been a very long road.

I'm happy for the the psych nurses who are celebrating that they survived without going "crazy," and I appreciate all they have done to help those who suffer with mental illness. I'm sure it has been a challenge. However, please remember those of us who never "retire" from facing mental illness everyday...because that mental illness belongs to someone we love...a son, daughter, wife, husband, parent.
I sincerely apologize that my one sentence offended you. Your son is extremely blessed to have a caring family that has given so much and will likely always give greatly of themselves to assist him.

Thread 3 already...I was hoping we wouldn't need a thread 3 :( I'm just catching up again. Glad that we heard from her bio dad today and that he's apparently in better health that he was earlier on.

I don't really have any thoughts or theories to add that haven't already been discussed by all you wonderful sleuths. I just wanted to throw in a FWIW here.

Regarding the family not talking to the media...I don't find it that odd for LE to tell them not to or for them not to want to, especially in these parts. Many people up here have "old school" mentalities when it comes to public attention and media...they're quite cynical about it. They don't always see the media as a tool to be used to their advantage but rather as a bunch of nosy busy bodies feeding the minds of the curious public who can't stand not knowing all the latest gossip. It's not just here, but it's also like that in many of the more rural communities where people are still more tightly rooted to the old ways than others in larger more progressive communities. They were taught to be more reserved and to shy away from large scale attention because "fame" is dangerous to the ego and makes one vulnerable to exploitation.

<respectfully snipped for space>

If it wasn't for the media, we wouldn't even know about Celina's case. I agree that it can sometimes get overbearing and many do it for ratings but with that said, I strongly believe that even bad press in a missing child's case can be beneficial in locating her. Whatever exposure the missing child can get, the better chances of finding them. We have to remember that LE asked for the media's help in this case. By all accounts, as far as we know, she was abducted. If we believe that and if we believe there is a chance she will be found alive....... her parents owe it to her to keep her face out there so the public can look for her.

If the media stops reporting and if the parents don't make appearances, we may as well move on to another case. This case will go cold.

She's a pretty girl.I thought she looked sad in the picture with her in the hat.I pray they find her soon.

Was this one of her most recent pictures?

Well I don't know what to think, after almost a week now. I just don't think a stranger waltzed into that large confusing-looking Victorian and happened upon Celina. I had a room in a house just like that once and could barely find it myself some nights...

It comes down to her either leaving on her own for whatever reason, or something happening to her from within the occupants of her home. I think if she was "running away", she would have packed a knapsack or something and would have turned up in a day or two. LE still focusing on the immediate area makes me think that computers may not be a factor, at least as far as talking to anyone outside of the area.

As always, it is shocking when it gets to this point, a week or so later, and you don't know if you will ever know what happened, and I can't help thinking about that, and hoping this is not like Hailey, Lindsey, Kyron, etc...somehow she needs to at least be found.

I think the bio dad is very sick...and has still not recovered. He probably insisted on saying something...or LE asked him to say something. But I think he wanted to speak even though he is obviously still very sick. Bless his heart...

He seemed to be trying to blink away his tears, but it didn't work. By the time they turned to go in, both eyes were tear soaked. Please let this end well.

So, like some others here, I've been keeping abreast on a few of the extended family's facebook pages. This is an... expressive lot. I find it strange than nobody on the Cass side has had anything to say to the media, because they certainly seem eager enough to chat among themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname