Found Deceased NH - Devin Whitham 38, from VT, last seen on CCTV & car abandoned pkg lot Lang Sta often used by hikers, New Boston, 23 Apr 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1682772772973.png
CCTV from April 23

1682772930438.png
Older picture

Both of the following links are threads on the New Boston Police Police Facebook page and there are many comments on both threads. The police are responding in the comments to some of the posters. I believe that KW posting on first thread is his wife and other family members are also posting.

Media Release:

On April 24, 2023, at approximately 11pm, New Boston Officer’s located an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot of Lang Station located on Gregg Mill Road.

Lang Station is known as a recreational parking area for users of the New Boston Rail Trail.

Officer’s learned that the registered owner of the abandoned vehicle had been reported missing on Sunday, April 23rd from the state of Vermont.

Subsequently, searches were conducted for several hours overnight and resumed Tuesday morning.

Along with the numerous searches conducted by foot, the New Boston Police Department were assisted by the New Hampshire State Police aerial unit who conducted helicopter patrols along the rail trail where the vehicle was located.

At this time, the missing person has not been located.

The missing person is identified as 38-year-old Devin Whitham, of Saxtons, River, Vermont.

Mr. Whitham is reported to be 5’11”, 270lbs, Green eyes and partially bald.

Mr. Whitham was reported missing at approximately 10:30am on Sunday, April 23 and is considered a missing/endangered person.

He has no known connections to New Boston or the greater New Boston area.

Attached is a photo obtained of Mr. Whitham Sunday morning leaving a convenience store.

Anyone who may observed Mr. Whitham in the area, or who may have information related to his disappearance, is encouraged to call the New Boston Police Department at (603)487-2433.

1682773809350.png
This picture was posted by the NBPD in the comments. It was sent to them by the VT authorities, but it is not known when it was taken.

From April 28

MISSING PERSON UPDATE:

On April 24th, 2023, the New Boston Police Department began its investigation into the disappearance of Devin C. Whitham, age 38. Over the next three days, the New Boston Police Department was assisted by the NH State Police, NH Fish and Game, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and countless volunteers, including canine search teams, who assisted in the search for Mr. Whitham.

The area where his vehicle was located, has been thoroughly searched. At this time, Mr. Whitham has not been located and he remains missing.

Based on witness statements, the vehicle, a 2008 Silver Subaru, was observed parked at Lang Station between Sunday April 23rd (7pm) and Monday April 24th (9am).

As Mr. Whitham is from the State of Vermont, the Vermont State Police is leading the investigation into his disappearance. Any new information should be directed to their investigation.

The New Boston Police Department will continue to partner with Vermont SP should new information become available.

An older photo of Mr. Whitham is included with this release.

April 26

NEW BOSTON, N.H. — A vehicle belonging to a missing Westminster man was found Monday night in New Boston, at a parking lot used by local hikers.

New Boston police said that the vehicle registered to Devin Whitham, 38, was located at the parking lot at Lang Station on Greg Mill Road in New Boston, near the New Boston Rail Trail. It is a parking lot used by recreational users.

Whitham had been reported missing Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. He was described by police as a “missing/ endangered person.”

Whitham is director of information technology at The Greenwood School in Putney. Officials at the school referred all comment to Anne Swayze, head of school, who couldn’t be reached for comment.

According to the school’s website, Whitham had worked at the private school for dyslexic students since 2012, and is a graduate of Mount Washington College in Manchester, N.H.

Police released a photograph of Whitham which they said was captured Sunday morning at a convenience store.

What he was doing in New Boston remains unknown, as police said he had no known ties to the area, which is about 40 miles east of Keene, N.H.

Police are conducting searches, and have been aided by the New Hampshire State Police, who have been flying over the rail trail with its helicopter, the New Boston Police said.

Whitham is described as being 5 foot, 11 inches tall and weighing 270 pounds, and is balding. Whitham formerly lived in Richmond, N.H.

Anyone with information is urged to call the New Boston Police at 603 487-2433.

I came here because I have been following Devins case from the beginning. I live in New England and have just been baffled by this case. I wish there was more discussion to read but from everything I can put together IMOO I think he wandered off into the woods. I hope his family gets some answers soon, his poor wife I feel so bad for her.

There's not much in New Boston other than the Space Force. It says he went to college in Manchester. Maybe Lang Station is a place he and his friends used to go hang out? It's not far from Manchester at all. Otherwise, it's a really random location to stumble upon.

I came here because I have been following Devins case from the beginning. I live in New England and have just been baffled by this case. I wish there was more discussion to read but from everything I can put together IMOO I think he wandered off into the woods. I hope his family gets some answers soon, his poor wife I feel so bad for her.

I do too.... but i know they have searched extensively....
Nothing makes sense on this case.
And his wife's continued messages on FB are just hearbreaking.

There's not much in New Boston other than the Space Force. It says he went to college in Manchester. Maybe Lang Station is a place he and his friends used to go hang out? It's not far from Manchester at all. Otherwise, it's a really random location to stumble upon.

Unless you live there, it is hard to realize just how small the NE states are. His residence is only 20 miles from the convenience store in Keene NH. New Boston. another 40 miles towards Manchester.

I know they searched long and hard in New Boston....
I just keep thinking, did someone pick him up in New Boston...

Unless you live there, it is hard to realize just how small the NE states are. His residence is only 20 miles from the convenience store in Keene NH. New Boston. another 40 miles towards Manchester.

I know they searched long and hard in New Boston....
I just keep thinking, did someone pick him up in New Boston...
I live here in NH. New Boston isn't a place people say "hey, let's go hang out in New Boston today". I've lived in NH for 18 years and I've never heard of the hiking trail his car was found at. That's why I wonder if it had been a place he went in college. Maybe reach out to some old friends and see if they had a spot?

Mr. Whitham has been confirmed as found deceased.

May 8, 2024

NEW BOSTON, N.H. —
The remains of a missing Vermont man have been located in a wooded area in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, according to police.

This week, officials confirmed that the remains belonged to 38-year-old Devin Whitham of Saxtons River, Vermont. Whitham had been reported missing and endangered due to mental health concerns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back