Identified! NH - Hudson, Skeletal Remains, 2005 - Henry Holcomb

I live very near to this area and the remains have been identified. They are of a man who went missing about 3 years ago. Because he had no family he was not reported missing and no one ever cared why he never returned to his apartment. He had been described as disoriented prior to his disapearance. Very sad.

HUDSON, N.H. (AP) _ Police say skeletal remains found in the woods in
Hudson (New Hampshire) are those of a Nashua man.

Dental records confirm the remains found last month are those of 67-year-old
Henry Lawrence Holcomb the second. Holcomb was never reported missing.
However police connected him to a report of an abandoned car found about a
mile away from where the remains were discovered. That report was filed in July 2003.

Police don't suspect foul play.

A former neighbor says she saw Holcomb packing his van with duffel bags and a
bucket of wood during the July Fourth weekend of 2003.
Amy Mason says she never saw him after that.

there are comments after the article from the neighbor, who describes his personality, etc...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1547905/posts

So how did we get from
. . .The remains appear to have been in the woods for several years, Bianchi said. The medical examiner's office reported that the remains may have been there for nearly 30 years."
to the present info of remains only 3 years old?

With estimates like that and then having some possible matches rejected (as I recently read on another thread) because the time slot didn't seem to fit I can see we (as a nation) very much need to stop relying on estimated death times and start using a DNA database.
And in the meantime it would be good for authorities to not reject possible matches solely on time slot not matching up.

I'm very glad i found this site and that you guys are actively interested in finding out what has happened to people who've gone missing.

I'm sad for the man who they did identify, also relieved that it wasn't Gerard!

My Mom is very quiet about most things that she considers personal. She either knows more and is just being quiet (which wouldn't be out of character for her), or she only knows what little she says she knows, which isn't much more that the news has reported.
Before my Grandma died she told my Mom he'd gone to Florida or was thinking about going to Florida. It's kinda weird though because no one in his family has heard from him. He has missed two of his brothers funerals since his disappearance. Maybe he had mental health issues, maybe he just didn't have that close of a relationship with any of his siblings and hasn't been concerned about being in contact with any of them, or perhaps he's deceased now? My Aunt and another Uncle have lived in the same place for over 30 years, so if he wanted to find them he knows where they are.

Hopefully by keeping open discussions about Gerard and other missing people it might aid in their being located.

I would just like to know if he'd ok and still out there somewhere.

Thanks for listening,
Deirdre

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname