GUILTY NH - Mara Pappalardo, 39, & Mason Smeltzer, 4, murdered, Auburn, 7 Nov 2010

Wow just look at the difference in him between the article that was linked above from the Boston Herald and this one I read on fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/0...r-killing-kid-strangler-wife/?intcmp=obinsite

from your link bbm

"Before Smeltzer spoke, a court-appointed guardian representing Mercey played a recording of the child reading a letter to the judge in which she said her father killed her mother and Mason. "If he loves me, why would he try to kill me?" she said. "If my daddy gets out, how will I keep safe? Please keep him in jail for the rest of his life."

very haunting -- poor kid

Something makes me wonder how many times he beat her non-fatally in the years before he killed her.

And that letter says it all. He so murdered his family.

Yes, I'm thinking same .. He murdered his wife after years of abuse, and I don't believe his story.

This is an old link. I am surprised I was unaware of it when it happened.

I agree with those who don't believe this happened. Despite Romeo and Juliet's story, it doesn't happen that someone discovers those they love dead, and then goes on to kill themselves. NO ONE does that. Men kill themselves after killing their families. They don't kill someone and themselves after discovering their children are dead. I would be interested in any link, in the history of time, showing a man who murders and then commits suicide immediately after finding his kids dead.

That said, it's odd to me that the investigation included discovery that the daughter thought her dad removed the ligature from her neck. ??? There is no way an unconscious child would ever know that. Why did they believe that statement?

I'm wondering what evidence there was to suggest that he didn't commit all the murders and make it look like his wife did.

One of the articles I read said he returned from a cocaine-snorting outing, killed his wife then took a bunch of pills and tried to kill himself as well but woke up later the next morning.

This was my first thought.
What a cover story that would be?

What do we have now.
A mother who killed her son and a father who killed his wife.

from your link bbm

"Before Smeltzer spoke, a court-appointed guardian representing Mercey played a recording of the child reading a letter to the judge in which she said her father killed her mother and Mason. "If he loves me, why would he try to kill me?" she said. "If my daddy gets out, how will I keep safe? Please keep him in jail for the rest of his life."

very haunting -- poor kid

This poor child. Tell me why his first instinct was not to help his daughter? To check for signs of life to call 911??? If he really came across her trying to kill herself after killing the kids, Why didn't he either let her, or call police??

I am sorry. I just think that there is more to this than what the police say. I think the little girl is scared of him. And with reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmers_91
Back