NH - Pamela Smart, Billy Flynn, in the murder of Greg Smart, 1990 *Guilty*

You all might find the information submitted to the court enlightening. Start from April and go from there. This trial was turned into a circus. I remember at the time thinking it became a real life soap opera. Everyone loved to hate Pamela Smart. Everyone knew everything about her and wanted her to be punished.

And this is NH. If she was a man she would have gotten half this sentence or gotten away with it completely. Look at the incarceration stats for women who kill their partners as opposed to men who kill their partners.

Anyway here is the link to the papers filed to the court on behalf of Pamela Smart. What you "researched" is not necessarily true.
court filings

And just for comparison here is what Greg Smart's family said about one of the males involved:
article

Important quote from the article:

Fryatt (Greg Smart's cousin) was the first of three family members to speak to Randall and the board, saying she was reluctant to support Randall's release. She recalled when Randall said in court 25 years ago that he participated in the murder because he wanted to know what it was like to kill someone.

"My question is, what if you still have that curiosity in you?" Fryatt said. "I am shaking in my boots because I am afraid of you being free."

I am a lifelong NH resident. Did she play a role in her husband's death. Yes, but she has served her time.

With all due respect, those boys were minors at the time of the crime. Smart was not. Moreover, they testified and told the truth, which usually results in less time. Smart still has not told the truth.
IMO, she should stay where she is. I have no problem advocating for someone’s release, as I have someone I would like to see released, but Smart has to do more time and/or come clean before she would be someone for whom I would advocate.

And this is NH. If she was a man she would have gotten half this sentence or gotten away with it completely. Look at the incarceration stats for women who kill their partners as opposed to men who kill their partners.

From what I see, with about 30 minutes of looking, anecdotally it seems there are quite a few women who received LWOP resulting from the same charge (accomplice to murder in the first degree) as Smart. I did find a site which shows in 2021 the prison population in NH consisted of 1,979 males and 148 females, with 77 LWOP sentences. Nowhere can I seem to locate the statistics specifically for men vs. women broken down by charges though. If you know of this information, please link it.

Thank you for the link to the documents. I have read several thus far and I will likely read them all.

I stand by everything I said in my previous posts. PS orchestrated/masterminded the murder of her innocent husband. Even if she didn't actually do the deed herself, she may as well have because she was the one who planned everything; recruited these kids to commit the crime; etc. In fact, she's much more complicit in the crime than the kids are, given that it never would have happened if she hadn't seduced & slept with one of them & convinced him (and the others) to kill her husband, etc.

A similar case was the one in TX several years ago, where the woman convinced her old H.S. bf to kill her innocent husband. They caught them via the numerous text messages that were sent, etc.

At the least - they should both be incarcerated for the rest of their lives. Again, they're lucky they didn't get the death penalty.

I will also repeat what I've said before: IF these two women had been males & had done the same exact thing to their wives (i.e., set it up so that they would be killed by someone else) - there would be 0 sympathy for them & the public outcry against them would have been far worse - including condemnation by a lot of people on this very board.

Again, if you want to get out of a marriage - get a divorce.

Heinous deeds/actions should have serious consequences.

New Hampshire’s highest court on Wednesday turned away the latest attempt to get a sentence reduction for Pamela Smart, who is serving life in prison for plotting with her teenage lover to have her husband killed in 1990.

Smart, 55, was a 22-year-old high school media coordinator when she began an affair with a 15-year-old student who later shot and killed her husband, Gregory Smart. He was freed in 2015 after serving a 25-year sentence. Though she denied knowledge of the plot, she was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and other crimes and sentenced to life without parole.

Did she play a role in her husband's death. Yes, but she has served her time.
I agree, enough is enough.
Flynn pulled the trigger and was paroled years ago, now it's Pamela Smart's turn.
Looking at it now, it seems too much of a difference in the sentences of those teenagers and then Pam's sentence.
And they testified against her for lesser sentences.

With all due respect, those boys were minors at the time of the crime. Smart was not. Moreover, they testified and told the truth, which usually results in less time. Smart still has not told the truth.
IMO, she should stay where she is. I have no problem advocating for someone’s release, as I have someone I would like to see released, but Smart has to do more time and/or come clean before she would be someone for whom I would advocate.

From what I see, with about 30 minutes of looking, anecdotally it seems there are quite a few women who received LWOP resulting from the same charge (accomplice to murder in the first degree) as Smart. I did find a site which shows in 2021 the prison population in NH consisted of 1,979 males and 148 females, with 77 LWOP sentences. Nowhere can I seem to locate the statistics specifically for men vs. women broken down by charges though. If you know of this information, please link it.

Thank you for the link to the documents. I have read several thus far and I will likely read them all.
Pamela Smart isn't in prison in NH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back