NH NH - Rachael Garden, 15, Newton, 22 March 1980

One of the images appears to be a morgue photo. Since Rachael went missing in 1980, I don't see how this 1988 UID could be her and still be relatively intact.

She went missing. She was never confirmed dead. There was talk about her running away from her friends.

An interesting choice, why Rachael? Can you please explain how you came to this conclusion? Take us with you in your line of thinking?

In an article her friend claims she talked about running away. In another article it talks about her being rebellious. She was seen talking to 3 males in a car the evening she disappeared. I can not find any other pictures other then Rachaels school picture used for the NamUs and doe network. Back then pictures of every life stage weren't common like now. I even scrolled thru online yearbooks, nothing. But anyways, the stats match up pretty close, I just feel like it is her and she originally ran away from home for that better uncontrolled life and ended up in a bad situation... If I'm wrong I'll still keep looking her. She has just always seemed to call to me to find her. I have about 5 missing and does that tend to do that lol.

Hello guys,

I thought that Rachel’s only photo was a little blurry and with a reddish tint, so I enhanced it.

I’d like to share it with you guys, maybe it can help solve her case!

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to offer some possible insight to help find Rachael Garden. Has anyone considered Kenoza lake in Haverhill, MA as a possible place that Rachael could have been taken? If Rachael had not run away, and had been taken, Kenoza lake is only a fifteen minute drive from Rowes Corner Market/ Maple Avenue. It can get busy during the summer, but there seems to be less to do in the off-season, such as March. There is a large conservation area that Winnekenni castle sits on, on the lake with a road going very far into it, almost leading to the lake itself. I thought of this area because it would be less traversed around March, and the seclusion of the conservation area on the lake could offer less of a chance to be caught. Furthermore, the road leads so far towards the lakes edge/tree line area, it would be a short walk to the lake itself with virtually no risk of anyone seeing you under the cover of night. I know police combed a couple of ponds back around 2008 that were in the immediate area. This lake is very secluded and leads directly off of route 108. It is also outside of the immediate town of Newton, so it might easily be overlooked. Thoughts?

Rachael Elizabeth Garden
rachael_elizabeth_garden_1.jpg
garden_rachael_ap.jpg

Rachael, circa 1980; Age-progression at age 53 (circa 2017)
  • Missing Since 03/22/1980
  • Missing From Newton, New Hampshire
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/30/1964 (56)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A two-tone blue ski parka, jeans, a plaid shirt with silver threads, blue jeans and brown lace-up shoes. Carrying a dark blue tote bag with the word "Things" imprinted on one side.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Rachael's ears are pierced. She wore a dental retainer, but left it behind when she disappeared. Some agencies may spell her first name "Rachel."
Details of Disappearance

Rachael purchased a pack of cigarettes and chewing gum at Rowe's Corner Market on Route 108 in Newton, New Hampshire on March 22, 1980. She paid with a $5 bill, received her change and departed from the store between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. and began walking to a friend's house in the 50 block of north Main Street where she planned to spend the night.

Rachael never arrived as scheduled and has not been heard from again. Her parents reported her as a missing person at 10:00 a.m. the day after she was last seen.

An extensive search of the area produced no clues as to Rachael's whereabouts. She left all of her belongings behind at her family's residence, including her dental retainer. Rachael owned a horse and her family members said it was uncharacteristic of her to leave the animal unattended.

On the night of her disappearance, Rachael was seen talking to three male acquaintances in a dark-colored car near Rowe's Market. The men all had troubled reputations and were involved in criminal activity; one of them later served a prison term for assault and rape.

After Rachael's disappearance, one of the men allegedly confessed to killing her. The reported confession caused police to dig up a site off Route 108 to look for Rachael's remains, but no evidence was located. It is unknown whether any of the men were actually involved in Rachael's case.

Rachael is the oldest of four children. She was a freshman at Sanborn Regional High School in 1980. Her loved ones describe her as outspoken, fun-loving, friendly and occasionally rebellious.

She had a good relationship with her siblings, but sometimes resented having to babysit them. She complained to friends about her parents' rules, and sometimes skipped school to smoke and drink alcohol with other teenagers in the woods near Maple Avenue.

Because of her age at the time of her disappearance, Rachael was originally thought to be a runaway. Although a voluntary disappearance is still considered a possibility, investigators are now investigating other theories as well, including the possibility of foul play.

Rachael's case is classified as a non-family abduction due to the lack of available evidence.

LINK:

Rachael Elizabeth Garden – The Charley Project

I think Rachael Garden went into that store on the night of March 22,1980, and Never came back out. -I’d like to take into consideration a certain few incidentals concerning the Store keeper at the time.
That he had a store up in Lyme NH back in 1970 and in January of that year, shot and killed a 20yr old unarmed local resident store Patron to which the Town of Lyme NH dedicated a memorial Park to him and his family after his murder. The Store Keeper was convicted. In April of 1970, His lawyer failed in his defense to prove any supportive evidence that his client was innocent and had acted in self defense. The store keepers Lawyer last name was Gardner.
After serving time for that crime, he moved from Lyme NH 120miles south to Newton NH to open another Store. In Another low populated 1 cop town. In 1980, that little section of RT108 was barely known only but to its inhabitants to which everyone knew one another within a mile diameter and then some of that store.
There’s still no street lights, or sidewalks along that section of RT108 to this day, and I support that in 1980,that there was hardly anyone out at that hour, as a result of that, at 9-9:30PM The Store Keeper would be the Last person who seen or spoke to her. No one outside was there to See her leave the store…And the Coincidence that the Store Keeper again had the unfortunate relapse in fate in having a second victim of circumstance on his store property -now in 1980,-Ten years of the first victim back in Jan 1970. Lyme,NH,Newton,NH, both Small backwoods type towns. ..And all of these possible tips, theories, and sighting Distractions over the years are just locals thinking out of the Box. In 1984 -4years after Rachael Garden mysteriously disappeared from that spot, the Storekeeper sold the store at Rowes Corner, and purchased another store 4miles up the same road on RT108 into E.Kingston NH. I spoke to him one day about the flyer of Rachael he had in the window of his store. The response Verbatim to the words on the flyer,-he looked very,very tired, (Ghosts will do that to a person). And today everyone pretty much moved away from there including Rachaels family. . ..In my opinion, it’s “Beyond the Beyonds” why the NH State Police, or any other State Agency never went in to search the store at Rowes Corner to rule it out. -It doesn’t always mean that the last person who seen her is guilty, but the last person has that luxury to utilize the common nature of the surroundings, and direct any distraction away from themselves. 80% of Victims know their killer, 60% take a souvenir from their victim and move away. -and those who get caught did so because of the little things that they didn’t pay attention to. Human nature tends repeats itself in our society so much so that crimes, and antidotes left alone never change. -Based on that, I truly doubt that Rachael Garden has ever left Newton,NH.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back