Identified! NH - Rochester, Woman's body behind church, Nov'08 - Marcie Grenier

soyesterday - No way! Let it snow?!! You anxious to start shoveling?? Just kidding - I know we can't avoid it.

It figures it was drug related. Don't know about down your way, but that is a big problem up here. Sounds like she didn't have the greatest group of people she was associating with. Hope the ex didn't drug and dump her. :waitasec:

What the heck does "untimely" mean, anyway? Not her time to go? Isn't that the same as manslaughter/homicide/fill in the blank??? Guess it doesn't include accidental, although I don't think she went to the church to hook up, know what I mean?

Yes i love snow!!! :)

Thanks! Where did ya go??

I'm so sorry....i got distracted and then my day got really busy...
so i have no idea what is rumor and what is true...
but i heard today that marcie's purse was found near her w/ all her things dumped out???
and that a second set of tire marks were found near her....
i have no clue if it's true or not???
i don't even know what i can post here or not....
i heard some other stuff too...but i don't know what i can type or not...
i'm just so upset that the police aren't telling us more....i wanna know if we need to be scared or not....

I agree, while I am leaning toward her being dumped there after a possible OD I cant rule anything out at this point. If there is something to be concerned about I want to know about it right away!

I sent you a PM also :)

hey.....i just wanted to tell you that i really haven't heard much of anything else at all lately.....except the rumors....same old stuff....
so i dunno??
how about you??

The woman has been identified.
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081121/GJNEWS_01/711214224/0/FRONTPAGE

I was shocked to find that I knew her, or at least have seen and talked to her, through her work (and my own) in recovery. As people say in the article, she seemed to be working hard on the struggle to get and stay clean.

I feel so sad. She was someone who talked to you right away and she seemed eager to make connections with the sober community.

There but for the grace of God....

OH. SO SORRY--I READ JUST THIS SECOND PAGE AND DIDN'T KNOW SO MUCH INFO WAS ALREADY KNOWN.

Hi Soyesterday! I have not heard anything new on my end either.

Hi Tapu, I am sorry for your loss, I am sure that Marice was a wonderful person. It is obvious that she had been working very hard to put her life back on track. She was enrolled in many programs and she was working toward gaining custody of her children. I really what happened in her life recently for her to relapse. If that is in fact what happened, tox results are not in yet and I think that right now her COD is assumed to be an OD given her past history.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this and the tox has come back, I have not seen it yet

Yes, Lorin, she did seem to be working hard. It's so easy to lose that though. Especially early on, and among younger people, I think.

I work in Dover, live in Portland. It was in Portland that I was used to seeing her. (For anyone wondering if they know her.)

Yes, Lorin, she did seem to be working hard. It's so easy to lose that though. Especially early on, and among younger people, I think.

I work in Dover, live in Portland. It was in Portland that I was used to seeing her. (For anyone wondering if they know her.)

Yes that is true I have been close to a few that have done so well in recovery only to slip once and end up dead. I don't know if I'll ever get over the death of my dear friend Matt C

From what I have read it sounds like she was doing wonderful in Portland and had only returned to Rochester very recently. Do you think that perhaps there may have been a lot of triggers for her being back in the area and I am guesing around the people that she once used with?

Wow you have quite the commute to work and back!!!

Yes that is true I have been close to a few that have done so well in recovery only to slip once and end up dead. I don't know if I'll ever get over the death of my dear friend Matt C

From what I have read it sounds like she was doing wonderful in Portland and had only returned to Rochester very recently. Do you think that perhaps there may have been a lot of triggers for her being back in the area and I am guesing around the people that she once used with?

Wow you have quite the commute to work and back!!!

Absolutely, the old "connections" can be a problem. But so can just being in the same general locale and situation. I'm in my 40s and haven't "slipped" in many years, but I still feel the draw when I go back to my hometown to visit my parents!

Someone suggested above that Marcie may have OD'd while with people who "didn't want to get involved" and they dumped her body. That would fit with the LE designation for her death as "untimely" rather than suspicious, I think. I have no idea what really happened, of course; just thinking about what might have happened.... :(

Absolutely, the old "connections" can be a problem. But so can just being in the same general locale and situation. I'm in my 40s and haven't "slipped" in many years, but I still feel the draw when I go back to my hometown to visit my parents!

Someone suggested above that Marcie may have OD'd while with people who "didn't want to get involved" and they dumped her body. That would fit with the LE designation for her death as "untimely" rather than suspicious, I think. I have no idea what really happened, of course; just thinking about what might have happened.... :(

I was thinking that it was possible that Marcie OD'd while with others and that they paniked and left her where she was found. It is possible that they were also very scared of getting in trouble themselves as they had possibly provided the drugs to Marcie. That would explain the tire tracks that were found near her body. There are apartments right near there perhaps if she was using she was in one of those apartments. I really hope that LE is still investigating this and knows who she was with that night, if someone left her there that is just sick. I also wonder if it is possible that if Marcie OD'd if they panicked and did not want to call 911 but she was still alive and could have been saved if someone had done the right thing?

Again this is all by assumption as it has not been confirmed that she did die of an overdose, I believe it is still just assumed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back