NJ NJ - Aaron John Watkins, 18, Plainfield, 11 Nov 2007

Barbara, I'm so sorry. I was a single mother too. I don't know what I would have done had I not had my parents and my ex's aunt who took my son every other weekend. His "father" (more like sperm donor) wanted nothing to do with him, thankfully his aunt stepped into that role to make sure my son knew that side of the family. His paternal grand parents moved to Myrtle Beach, would have my son for a few weeks in the summer.

Listening to the podcast; I really dislike the commercials. How annoying. Don't think I'll listen to any more shows. I don't care for the guy that does the phone calls. Can't understand what he says. When Scott was blowing him off he should have point blank asked if he thinks Aaron jumped. He didn't sound prepared. Same thing with Andrea, him not being able to tell her we're doing a show, that's why we're talking to you; she felt like she was being singled out, accused of knowing more then she did. I end up losing the show when the 4th commercial finishes playing. Twice now it stops at 50 minutes in. I had to listen to the whole show over to get it back to where it stopped the 1st time. 3rd and 4th time trying to hear the last 5 minutes, it stops after the 1st set of commercials. I'm not sure what's going on but I have to run my grandson to preschool.

Been on the bridge many times in my life before I moved to South Jersey. When driving on the bridge, you're trying to concentrate on how thin the lanes are, the people driving, making sure no one is going to cut you off. My sister was involved in a 10+ car pile up back in the late 80's. It's a very dangerous bridge. Aaron pulled over on the bridge no matter how thin the lanes and shoulder are; he very well could have quickly jumped. I don't think that no one seeing him means anything, especially since people are from all over that use it. Does anyone know if the radio station NJ 101.5 asked anyone if they saw him on the bridge back then? I'd like to see his mom contact NJ101.5 to see if they will feature him on their web site. Are there any photos of the jeep parked on the bridge in his file?

Where was Scott when he supposedly jumped? It really would be nice to know if the toll cameras were checked to see if he was alone in the Jeep or if someone was with him. For all we know Scott could have driven the Jeep there and left it. They could have gotten into a fight that ended bad.

Would be nice to know if LE got his cell records.
His mother says his FB profile changed after he went missing, it's possible Scott had his log in

I'm glad to hear Andrea talk about him. You can hear how fond she is of him even though they had problems. I think if Aaron was still alive he would have contacted her or his sister.

I found an article that has a pic of the bridge
Man jumps off Driscoll Bridge

The Garden State Parkway northbound approaching the Driscoll Bridge
-driscollbridge.jpg

The podcast was well done. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts

Listening to the podcast; I really dislike the commercials. How annoying. Don't think I'll listen to any more shows. I don't care for the guy that does the phone calls. Can't understand what he says. When Scott was blowing him off he should have point blank asked if he thinks Aaron jumped. He didn't sound prepared. Same thing with Andrea, him not being able to tell her we're doing a show, that's why we're talking to you; she felt like she was being singled out, accused of knowing more then she did. I end up losing the show when the 4th commercial finishes playing. Twice now it stops at 50 minutes in. I had to listen to the whole show over to get it back to where it stopped the 1st time. 3rd and 4th time trying to hear the last 5 minutes, it stops after the 1st set of commercials. I'm not sure what's going on but I have to run my grandson to preschool.

Even though I'm having issues, I think the woman host does a good job. She sounds like she has compassion for the story she'll telling.

The jeep did not enter a toll area so there was no need to check if any cameras were installed. The jeep was found before the toll area according to LE. Also, no cell phone records were obtained or checked according to LE. No photos of any kind are in the file according to LE and they state there are missing investigator files as well. They have no files as to the processing of the jeep that was impounded by the State Police and are supposedly working on getting us some of that information. We asked for this and many other things in April 2017 and thus far we still "wait".

Glad to see a new article to get Aarons story back out there

They have to make sure the person is entered in NamUs before looking to give DNA. NamUs lost funding so I'm not sure how they work paying for DNA to be done at UNT.

Erickson said every missing person deserves to be found. If someone you know is missing for more than 30 days, Erickson suggests that you submit DNA to the National Missing

DNA was submitted. Not sure how it will be looked into in the future either. At the time of the article it had not been ******ed. Not sure if it is currently funded or still in the works to de-fund it. And yes, they would have to enter the person into NamUs first....they can not just submit it. That particular story was to inform the public of not having to wait any period of time before reporting someone missing. They heavily edited the interview....they put what they chose to put in it...Also, there will be a billboard donated for 10 days in NJ with Aaron on it....one of three places in NJ (they will tell us later which one it will be) beginning on Nov. 11, 2017. I am in the beginning stages of planning an event in NJ as well. I will be in attendance (driving there from Ky. ) as long as everything planned goes well and my health remains stable.Media will be at the unveiling of the billboard as well....:)

As for construction, he took a job with a man off craigslist for a construction job that also became Aaron's last home....That man also was the one that reported him missing.I called on that particular one and have not heard back from them. I called the ME office as well and nothing in return after speaking with a person there as well. I also called on another one but that one lists him as excluded now....yet the one you mentioned has not updates as to excluded and I have heard nothing more.

Bumping for Aaron.
The 55 unsolved missing children cases in New Jersey

Missing Person Aaron Watkins 10 years later Billboard to go live

"It is the hope of CUE Center for Missing Persons to not only shine a light on Aaron Watkins case, but all missing in NJ and indeed throughout the country in what is truly epidemic proportions.

Anyone with information regarding Aaron’s disappearance please contact PO Stephen Bailey, the lead investigator on Aaron’s case at the Plainfield Police Dept. (908)753-3041 You can also submit a tip to CUE Center at (910) 232-1687 and remain anonymous."

As 2020 is coming to a close, I am still heart broken over not having answers or even a body to put to rest for Aaron's sake. On October 5 of this year, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and now fear not getting answers until after I am gone. I want these answers for his siblings and Aaron before my passing! " Crying" !

As 2020 is coming to a close, I am still heart broken over not having answers or even a body to put to rest for Aaron's sake. On October 5 of this year, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and now fear not getting answers until after I am gone. I want these answers for his siblings and Aaron before my passing! " Crying" !
Very sorry about your medical diagnosis, wishing you all the best in the world. My father had MM, many years ago, it did not look good for him, yet he survived and is now in his late 80s.
Thank you for all your efforts here.

''Watkins, circa 2007; Age-progression to age 24 (circa 2013)
  • Missing Since 11/11/2007
  • Missing From Elizabeth, New Jersey
    • Date of Birth 08/23/1989 (31)
    • Age 18 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'8, 140 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, black shoes and a green baseball cap.
    • Medical Conditions Watkins had been diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and bipolar disorder prior to his disappearance.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Watkins has a pierced tongue, pierced ears, and a mole under his right eye. His birth name is Aaron Lee Erickson.''
    ''Watkins was last seen in Elizabeth, New Jersey on November 11, 2007. He left home driving his roommate's 1997 Jeep to visit an acquaintance and collect some of his belongings from that person's home. He has never been heard from again. The Jeep was found abandoned on the Driscoll Bridge, with his phone inside, at 6:45 p.m. that same day. A search of the Raritan River below turned up no sign of Watkins, and no one saw anybody jump off the bridge.

Watkins was adopted at the age of nine. He had a troubled history and ran away from home multiple times as a teenager, and he was reportedly using both street drugs and prescription drugs, as well as alcohol, at the time of his disappearance. Although he had threatened suicide, his biological mother doesn't believe he would have taken his own life.

He was working in the construction field at the time of his disappearance. He lived in Plainfield, New Jersey and that city's police are investigating his case.''

So sad to hear you’ve lost your son. I’ll read up on his case.

I’ve sent you a message about MM. I am 4 years in since my diagnosis. I’ve been where you are. It’s hard and scary. But you will prevail. (((Hugs)))

rbbm.
5052DMNJ - Aaron John Watkins
Distinguishing Marks/Features: His tongue and ears are pierced. Aaron supposedly had 2-4 top teeth that were not his own according to an ex - girlfriend of his. She was not sure how many but said it was the top front ones. He has a mole under his right eye.''

My heart goes out to you. May you heal and recover from this and also get answers about your son soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back