NJ NJ - Atlantic City, BlkMale 40-49, UP1483, poss 'William Simons', Dec'87

I've tried contacting folks through that website. The detective I believe said they knew it was Glynn academy (though the UID website was never changed). I no longer have his emails since they were unhelpful and he came across like I was a nuisance. I'm not convinced the ring was his, though I have no concrete reasoning behind that. I also asked about his clothing as on one of the sites it lists clothing as "none" and if I remember correctly this was NJ in winter. He never addressed that question.

there is one issue with this UID having attended the Glynn Academy. His estimated year of birth was 1940 and the Glynn Academy was not racially integrated until 1963:

http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us/BHS/academics/junior/durham/jenniferc21554/home.html

I realize 1940 was an estimate but in order for this guy to have actually graduated from the school at the earliest he could have graduated was 1964, which would place his year of birth no earlier than 1948.

there is a contact me line at the bottom of the page I linked in here. not sure it is valid, but this researcher might have access to the names of the African American males who were the first to graduate from the school.

I wonder whether the consolidated school for African-American students that was held in the Old Glynn Academy Building was also called Glynn Academy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glynn_Academy#Old_Glynn_Academy_Building

Old Glynn Academy Building
Built in 1840, the Old Glynn Academy Building was the first building on Hillsborough Square, the present location of the Glynn Academy campus; it is the oldest wooden schoolhouse in Georgia. For more than fifty years, this building served as the only public school building in Brunswick. In 1915, it was disassembled and reassembled in Sterling, an unincorporated community in northern Glynn County.There, it served as a consolidated school for African-American students. After desegregation, it became a county-maintained community center for Sterling residents. In 2008, the Old Glynn Academy Building was relocated to Hillsborough Square. It now serves as an interpretive museum.

Here’s a possible missing person match someone posted on FB. Some discrepancies in profiles but definitely worth investigating I think given similarities.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/504dmca.html

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/miss/ui_atlantic_u280732644.html

This one has been bothering me for a while. First I'm almost 100% sure that there's a typo. In my research I've managed to find a Glynn Academy in Brunswick established in 1788, but no Flynn Academy. This typo appears on all places he's listed. I emailed the contact person to no avail. Shortly after my email the page was rearranged, the class ring pictured was moved, but no response and no change of wording. I thought about trying to track down a yearbook and Richard suggested this as well however he's listed as a possible birthdate of 1940 making him 34 years old in 1974. So it's likely the ring was a friends, girlfiends, siblings, childs or victims. It also lists him as having no clothes (in New Jersey, in December?????). I've emailed some Glynn academy people just asking if the ring did indeed look like a Glynn Academy ring but also got no response. I know this stuff can seem creepy if it's not really what interests and drives you. Any further help or ideas would be great. Not sure why but this one pulls me!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CASE INFORMATION[/FONT] On December 15, 1987, the victim died shortly after his admission to the Atlantic City Medical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NIC#[/FONT] U280732644
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Case Number[/FONT] 87-097
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date Body Found[/FONT] December 15, 1987
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Estimated Date of Death[/FONT] December 15, 1987
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-seerif]BIOLOGICAL PROFILE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Estimated Year of Birth[/FONT] 1940
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sex[/FONT] Male
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Race[/FONT] Black
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Height[/FONT] 5'10" - 5'11"
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/FONT] 200 - 210 lbs.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hair[/FONT] Brown
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eyes[/FONT] Brown
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCARS/MARKS/Tattoos[/FONT] The victim has some small scars on his face and torso.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CLOTHING[/FONT] None
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other Information[/FONT] The victim was wearing a Timex quartz digital watch with a silver band and a silver ring with "Flynn Academy Brunswick" on the front and "1788-1974" on the sides. The victim also has a gold filling in his upper right tooth.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misc[/FONT] Full x-rays are available for comparison.

***GRAPHIC POSTMORTEM IMAGE ATTACHED***

UNIDENTIFIED BLACK MALE

UP1483 sketch.jpg UP1483 ring.jpg UP1483 watch.jpg UP1483 teeth.jpg
artist rendering, ring, watch, tooth #7 (open-faced gold crown)

Date Body Found: December 15, 1987
Location Found: Atlantic City, New Jersey

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50; 40-49 years
Estimated PMI: Minutes
Measured Height: 6' 0" (72 inches)
Estimated Weight: 200 - 225 lbs.
Hair Color: Black; medium length, curly and graying
Facial Hair: Moderate beard and mustache
Eye Color: Brown
Distinctive Characteristics: The victim has some small scars on his face and torso. The victim also has a gold filling in his upper right tooth.

Clothing/Jewelry: A Timex quartz digital watch with a silver-colored band, a silver-colored "college" (class) ring inscribed with "Flynn Academy Brunswick" on the front and "1788" and "1974" on the sides.

Circumstances of Discovery: On December 15, 1987, the victim died shortly after his admission to the Atlantic City Medical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Full x-rays are available for comparison.

0 Missing Person Exclusions

Attachments

• UP1483 retouched postmortem.jpg
    UP1483 retouched postmortem.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Well even if he didn't graduate himself, he maybe has some connection to the 1974 class at Flynn - are there any online yearbooks or any FB groups for arranging reunions etc.?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back