Identified! NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem 15-20, UP1458, Skeletal on hillside, Dec'88 - Nancy Carol Fitzgerald

So glad to see this one solved. I've been following this one since I first became interested in cold cases back in 2001--and it was the final unidentified one that's been on my list of cases I've followed since then (along with Suzanne Sevakis, Dawn Olanick, Joseph Zarelli, and Tammy Alexander).

Now if someone can just tell us what happened to Samuel Turner Wilson, Amy Billig, Kathleen Kelly, and Cherie Mahan...those four disappearances still haunt me.

When was the reconstruction done? Just watched the News 12 video and it was almost spot-on with the older sister. I remember at first this one just had a sketch associated with it.

I believe one of the girls mentioned in this Jun 1972 article is Nancy Carol Fitzgerald (see yellow highlighted below).

Sebastian_Montuori.jpg

A) According to Nancy's sister in article:-
'I just want to hold her': Atlantic Highlands bones ID'd 50 years after NJ teen vanished (quoted below)
"Unterberger remembers a day in 1971 — the year before Fitzgerald went missing — when she came home and was met by police officers at her front door. They wouldn’t let her into her home.

Her sister had overdosed on barbiturates.

The police had taken Fitzgerald to the hospital, and she was already back home by the time Unterberger got there. She could hear her sister inside the house asking one of the detectives if it was time yet."

B) According to articles:-
1.Skeletal Remains Solve 50-Year-Old Mystery Of Missing NJ Teen
and 2.'I just want to hold her': Atlantic Highlands bones ID'd 50 years after NJ teen vanished (quoted below)
"Then, on April 3, 1972 — the day after Easter Sunday — Nancy Fitzgerald disappeared and was never heard from again, according to a news release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office."

It's very likely that Nancy was the girl in that newpaper article that overdosed, which then alerted the police. This then led police to investigate this illegal sex/drug ring that got Sebastian Montuori arrested.

Also it's very possible that Sebastian Montuori or another criminal in his sex and drug ring killed Nancy in April 1972 to keep her quiet before the trial took place or as a repercussion for alerting police to their illegal activities.

Sebastian Montuori was convicted in June 22 1984 (see
article) of triple execution style murders and so he's most likely the prime suspect in Nancy's murder case to.

I wonder how many other girls died because of this sex ring. Killed to keep these illegal activities quiet, and are presumed missing or who are still unidentified today.

Last edited:
I believe one of the girls mentioned in this Jun 1972 article is Nancy Carol Fitzgerald (see yellow highlighted below).

View attachment 388349

'I just want to hold her': Atlantic Highlands bones ID'd 50 years after NJ teen vanished (quoted below)

and 2.'I just want to hold her': Atlantic Highlands bones ID'd 50 years after NJ teen vanished (quoted below)

It's very likely that Nancy was the girl in that newpaper article that overdosed, which then alerted the police. This then led police to investigate this illegal sex/drug ring that got Sebastian Montuori arrested.

Also it's very possible that Sebastian Montuori or another criminal in his sex and drug ring killed Nancy in April 1972 to keep her quiet before the trial took place or as a repercussion for alerting police to their illegal activities.

article) of triple execution style murders and so he's most likely the prime suspect in Nancy's murder case to.

I wonder how many other girls died because of this sex ring. Killed to keep these illegal activities quiet, and are presumed missing or who are still unidentified today.
Yeah Nancy was the girl that overdosed and went missing on April 3rd. I don't think she died immediately afterward. Her mom got a phone call a year later from a girl who sounded like Nancy screaming that she made a mistake and begging for help.

Yeah Nancy was the girl that overdosed and went missing on April 3rd. I don't think she died immediately afterward. Her mom got a phone call a year later from a girl who sounded like Nancy screaming that she made a mistake and begging for help.
Yes, I thought so too because the missing date matched exactly in that Jun 1972 article you found and then the overdosed girl part just sounded identical to the new articles about Nancy. Awesome old newspaper finds by the way. I wouldn't of even thought of linking a newly identified person to something like that. You've opened my eyes to such possibilities anyway. I wonder whether that phone call was Nancy a year later as according to her sister there were a lot of prank calls at the time. I mean did she have any reason to take off, away from her family. Unless she went into hiding or got taken by the drug cartel or a prostitution ring.

Good find. I looked up the address on Google Maps and it's now the parking lot for a Nissan dealer.

View attachment 388349

The newspaper doesn't mention this, but, according to her niece, Nancy was a witness to a murder Montuori committed while he was making a "snuff" film. The niece's username is Jmwert05

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back