GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

http://www.phillyvoice.com/three-autopsies-brendan-creato-now-public-eye/
Reports on three autopsies of Brendan Creato now in public eye

World-renowned forensic scientist says three autopsies on Brendan Creato and no definitive cause of death is "very bizarre"

--snip--
Richard J. Fuschino Jr., the Philadelphia lawyer representing DJ Creato, has alleged that the medical examiner and his employees failed to follow protocols, failed to take control of the scene investigation and also misled the grand jury.

Fuschino is also challenging law enforcement access to his client's cell phone – with thousands of texts to his 17-year-old former girlfriend, college student Julia "Julie" Stensky, and pictures of the secluded location where his son's body was discovered. Prosecutors contend DJ Creato committed the murder in order to continue their relationship. Fuschino claims his client was not appropriately given notice of his rights or of Fuschino's representation.

Fuschino, who is seeking a hearing challenging the arrest of his client, declined comment.

--more@link.

Poor baby. How can he get justice without a COD. They need to appeal to the nation and get some more qualified ME to have a look at this.

This article is from 10/22/15 and talks about ME Dr. Gerald Feigin: http://www.phillyvoice.com/questions-linger-about-death-and-investigation/

"The initial anatomical examination of the boy’s body by Dr. Gerald "Buck" Feigin, a pathologist with a troubled past who oversees the Medical Examiner’s Office shared by Camden, Gloucester and Salem counties, did not reveal a cause of death, though additional results are still pending. Feigin, seen at left in a photo from the Gloucester County medical examiner's home page, came to New Jersey as a medical examiner shortly after his competency was questioned in 1997 as a result of the so-called “Boston Nanny” case.Feigin, who had performed the autopsy on an eight-month-old boy, Matthew Eappen, who died in the care of English au pair Louise Woodward, had initially claimed a fall of 15 feet killed the baby.The pathologist eventually acknowledged that a drop of as little as two feet could have fractured the child’s skull. It also turned out critical evidence from his examination was not preserved. Woodward, who was convicted on a second-degree murder charge, had her sentence reduced to involuntary manslaughter and was released from prison after serving fewer than 200 days."

"Feigin was also criticized for failing to perform a key test in the case of a teenager accused of manslaughter in the death of a middle school teacher in Lowell, Massachusetts. The teacher died six months after being kicked in the head while breaking up a fight. Feigin ruled the teacher died from the blow, but another medical examiner conducted a test on samples from the case and concluded the teacher may have died due to heart problems. Manslaughter charges against the teenager were reduced to assault as a result."

"Two of Feigin’s colleagues this week independently told PhillyVoice the pathologist is known for taking shortcuts, though they did not want to be identified."
[Bolding is mine.]

How in the world does this guy still have a job? It is so upsetting that these charges could be dismissed due to pure laziness and incompetence on the part of the ME's office. Part of being an ME is being a voice and advocate for the victim and their family so that they can get some form of justice in a conviction. But when the head schmuck at the ME's office can't even be bothered to do his jobcorrectly, one of the consequences can be dismissal of charges and that is certainly not justice. JMO

Very disgusted to live in the same county. I wonder how he got the position and if elected? His photo on the page you linked to looks very unprofessional.

gfeigin.jpg

Omg...I'm also in Camden county. I didn't realize this was our ME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuschino asserts DJ wasn't advised of his rights or hired legal representation. Fuschino is trying to get the phone evidence thrown out. But when was Fuschino hired? Was it the day Brendan was found and DJ was at the station speaking to investigators? I assume that first day was also when DJ allowed investigators to look at his phone. If this is true, then then DJ's statements and phone evidence should be thrown out.

Otherwise, if Fuschino wasn't yet retained and DJ was answering questions, showed police his phone, and could leave at anytime, then he didn't have to be notified of Miranda rights.

I guess we'll find out shortly if the phone is in or out. The dumping ground photo, texts and calls to the gf, and snapchat access are the basis for charges of premeditation and motive. But if the phone evidence is disallowed, there doesn't seem to be much of a case.

what a mess :(

I truly have no words.

I have never seen such a thing in all my years of case following. How can anyone ever be prosecuted for this little guy's death if the initial crime scene was handled in this manner? Everything would be subject to question and every bit of evidence found there could be discounted as being mishandled.

:cry: for this little guy.

Do any of you think it is possible he did wander off to the creek and died of misadventure? The pants being tugged down could be from animals, or even Brenden pulling them down to go, slipping and hitting his head on a rock. The motive and opportunity are there for DJ, but I've certainly read about weirder coincidences. Just speculating.

I know they said the door was double locked but toddlers can surprise you. My own could unlock the lower lock and gave me scares a couple of times trying to go to their papa's house across the street.

Some wonder if the little boy, perhaps sleepwalking, let himself out of the double-locked door of the second floor apartment, turned left, walked alone and unseen down Cooper Street in the dark and chill – 49 to 52 degrees. Then turned right, entered the wooded park he knew from visits with his father, and died alone, a still-unexplained natural death that happened sometime between 10 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 9 a.m Oct. 13 when a police dog found his lifeless body in the woods behind Vesper Avenue.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/town-heartsick-over-unexplained-death-toddler/

The next morning per dad, the door was unlocked. There were no signs of break-in per this link, which also states little guy's socks were clean when the body was found. I honestly don't know what to think. And now we may never know :(

Shah said on Tuesday investigators do not believe Brendan went to that area on his own. First, she said, Brendan's socks were clean despite the muddy surroundings.

[...]

"The door was locked. I guess he unlocked it and left," Creato continues. The 911 operator then asks him to stay on the line in case the police dispatcher has any more questions.

http://6abc.com/news/prosecutor-brendan-creato-dad-killed-son-to-continue-relationship/1154775/

We still don't know if Brendan's Mickey Mouse slippers were found. The initial description stated Brendan was wearing them. If they were found at the creek, it could be argued that is why Brendan's socks were clean. If they were still at Dad's apartment, then someone carried Brendan to the creek from there.

If DJ's lawyer is successful in getting the phone evidence is thrown out, can the prosecution still use the girlfriend's phone record of texts or is it considered "fruit from the poisoned tree?"

Hello all,

I'm a new member! I live in Camden County near the south end of the Cooper River where this tragedy took place. I've been following this case and this thread since October. I remember the weather that day perfectly. It was oddly warm for October in Jersey, so you had to rule out hypothermia almost immediately. I don't even think it got below 45 that night. Anyway...this case blows my mind. I just finished watching "The People vs. OJ" and was so infuriated with the justice system and now hearing this ME mess come up with Brendan's case. WTF. Something really fishy is going on.

I'm learning toward someone being paid A LOT of money to zip their lip.

​Prosecutor: Creato defense argument 'absurd'
Prosecutors say the lawyer for a Haddon Township man accused of killing his 3-year-old son is using an “absurd” argument in a bid to have a murder charge dismissed.

Camden County prosecutors made the comments in response to motions filed last month by Richard Fuschino Jr., the attorney for 22-year-old David Creato Jr.

(...)

A hearing in the case is set for 1:30 p.m. Monday, May 16, before Superior Court Judge John Kelley.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...rs-defense-claim-creato-case-absurd/83882362/

Do any of you think it is possible he did wander off to the creek and died of misadventure? The pants being tugged down could be from animals, or even Brenden pulling them down to go, slipping and hitting his head on a rock. The motive and opportunity are there for DJ, but I've certainly read about weirder coincidences. Just speculating.

I don't think he went down there by himself. What are the odds that the boy's father had a crazy girlfriend that wanted him to be rid of his son, and then COINCIDENTALLY, the boy wanders away and conveniently dies? :no:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n..._prosecutors_lay_out_case_against_Creato.html

The morning that 3-year-old Brendan Creato was reported missing in Haddon Township, sparking a massive search by residents and authorities, a K-9 dog tracked his scent using one of Brendan's Mickey Mouse slippers...

The latest court filing also reveals that Creato, 22, took a lie-detector test the day Brendan was found. While the results are not specified, the motion says, "When he was advised of the results, he asked detectives if he could take the test again." It's unclear if he did...

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for May 16.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/05/16/judge-rules-creato-case/84446396/

A Haddon Township father can face trial for murder charges arising from the death of his 3-year-old son, a state judge ruled Monday...

The judge rejected arguments that a medical examiner acted improperly while determining the boy's cause of death and later misled a grand jury about his findings.

He continued until June 2 a defense request to suppress evidence, including text records found in the suspect's cellphone.

Just popping in to see updates. I would be literally SICK if no one gets charged and convicted for Brendan's death.

Brendan-we're still thinking about you, sweet boy!!!! :(

Video at link:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...eato_s_words_echo___Oh_God__no__no__no__.html

The case of a Haddon Township father charged with killing his 3-year-old son is headed to trial, a judge said Tuesday after a hearing in which prosecutors played video of David "D.J." Creato Jr.'s initial interview with detectives, which showed him weeping as they told him his son, Brendan, was dead...

Assistant Prosecutor Christine Shah had one word in court Tuesday for Creato's reaction: rehearsed.

"He knew what was coming," she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back