GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

I don't know this case. Just following the trial notes... thanks for that.

I take it Julie wasn't there that night? It makes no sense that DJ hurt his son. She was pushing for him to just stop seeing his son. But he refused over and over again. IMO DJ never felt that Brendan was in the way. Julie did.

Can anyone confirm when this trial will start again...is it this coming Tuesday and will go Tue. Wed. Thurs. this week? The schedule is so disjointed. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm when this trial will start again...is it this coming Tuesday and will go Tue. Wed. Thurs. this week? The schedule is so disjointed. Thanks.

the judge says that they will reconvene on tuesday. the trial is only on tues, weds, and thurs. last week there was some sort of judges conference that he needed to go to, so they skipped days.

I don't know this case. Just following the trial notes... thanks for that.

I take it Julie wasn't there that night? It makes no sense that DJ hurt his son. She was pushing for him to just stop seeing his son. But he refused over and over again. IMO DJ never felt that Brendan was in the way. Julie did.

I don't think they have proven beyond a doubt that she wasn't. There was no way to track her car's whereabouts. She was willing to drive to be with him for 4 hours, remember that.

Day 9

FBI testimony

1. There was data usage on DJ's phone all evening Oct 12 10pm thru to 6am
2. FBI didn't get some critical attachments until later in the investigation due to file attachment limits on their email server.
3. As soon as he got the cell data usage info, he began in-depth investigation oct 2016
4. This is where the timeline difference comes from - texts/calls stopped after 10, but data usage didnt (texts meaning SMS)
5. The data usage shows the phone did not leave the apartment. It does not mean someone has to be actively using the phone, they could have an app open receiving data. However, he can see outgoing data.
6. says he had julie's data. he saw the phone as being in NY. there was no activity on that phone between around 10pm to 7am.
7. Defense has him clarify that the lack of activity could be Julie's phone being off.
8. No tower dumps were done.
9. Defense is really insinuating Julie did this and it wasnt investigated enough.

Director of the Pace campus

1. Pros submit card swipe data from Pace for Oct 12, 13, 14th. Most of the times for 12th are around 1pm and 7pm.
2. There is only data for swiping in.
3. 8:21am to 12:30pm she enters on the 13th
4. 8:16am and multiple times after that until 7pm she enters on the 14th
5. Defense has him clarify - so they only know she went in at 7:20pm on the 12th, then again 8:21am on the 13th. They have nothing to corroborate where she was between those times.

Cornerstone Tech (senior digital forensic examiner)

Prosecution's tactic to put the jury to sleep so they forget everything they just heard about Julie's non-alibi.

On LadyJustice Day 9 part 2, skip ahead to 18:30 to get to his powerpoint of the evidence found.

1. Explains GPS data extracted from the photo of the creek where Brendan was found taken the weekend before.
2. Web browsing history for the 3rd thru the 10th recovered from the phone shows DJ went to
Julie's tumblr post Where We Stand
Search: How to Study Abroad
Several results from that search
Dodge Dart Forum
Search Results for Truck wont turn over
3. Explains how they could tell DJs phone logged into Julie's Facebook and Snapchat around 10pm on the 12th
4. Same login on the 13th around 10pm
5. over 4000 texts deleted between the 13th and when DJ was arrested

6.Part 4 covers the texts on the 12th recovered, which is a long argument about being paranoid and not wanting to lose each other etc and falling right back into being loveydovey.

7. Over the afternoon are texts between DJ and Sam and DJ and Julie over the truck problems. By 12:45pm she has only answered him once and he is texting her question marks and calling her.

8. By 5pm, he is simultaneously texting his mom and Sam about his car trouble and paying for school while telling Julie how wonderful and perfect she is because she bought him flour so they can "bake desserts" the coming weekend.
9. They begin talking about "Skyping"when he gets home from work, but then Julie balks at the idea of Brendan being there.
10. By 6pm, DJ is sleuthing Geo and others on Facebook
11.6:30pm DJ hs discovered Julie smokes and seems surprised/upset about it
12. 7:30pm he is asking to go to new york on sunday to see her dorm, logs into Julie's Facebook
13.8:30pm Julie says good night.
14. 10pm logs into Julie's snapchat, reads messages between Geo and Julie all night
15. The next morning, DJ calls his mom first, then sam, then 911. Later he is texting a friend on facebook and not answering calls from Sam or Julie (who called him twice around 8 and 9)

https://patch.com/new-jersey/haddon...l-testimony-revised-concerning-cell-phone-use

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...you-but-also-tells-her-to-accept-his-son.html

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/05/16/david-creato-cellphone-trial/

Day 10 Part 1

[video=youtube;tmfboQ7NJag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmfboQ7NJag[/video]

Day 10 Part 2

[video=youtube;Shlq-UDRRno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shlq-UDRRno&t=623s[/video]

The state rested in part 1 and the defense put on a few character witnesses then they rested in part 2. The defense asked for Motion of Acquittal and it was denied. The closing arguments will be on Tuesday the 23rd with the charges the same day.

The state rested in part 1 and the defense put on a few character witnesses then they rested in part 2. The defense asked for Motion of Acquittal and it was denied. The closing arguments will be on Tuesday the 23rd with the charges the same day.[/QUOTE]

i was pretty surprised that his only defense was 4 or 5 people saying he's 'a good guy'...i assume they don't think the other side proved their case. but i wouldn't be surprised is dj is acquitted.
moo

I agree. They didn't prove their case I think he will be acquitted. I'm still not sure if I think he did it or not though. It doesnt really seem like he did, but if it wasn't him then who?

I agree. They didn't prove their case I think he will be acquitted. I'm still not sure if I think he did it or not though. It doesnt really seem like he did, but if it wasn't him then who?

Julie has a lawyer.
She attempted to plead the fifth on everything they asked until ordered to testify. Even then, she referred to the transcript and would only offer her own words to defend the phone conversation they had around 10pm that night (because she believes that is her alibi)
She was willing to drive down there to see him for a short amount of time
There is no evidence to prove where she or her car was between 10PM and 8AM.
She knew about the door or that DJ didnt lock it.
She hated Brendan.
She hated Sam.
She blamed them for everything wrong with DJ and their relationship.
She used an encrypted text messaging app - we have no idea what was said on it or to who
She knew about the spot near the river
She has the cunning to think up the plot

Did Julie kill Brendan? I don't know. Did she mastermind a plan and then explicitly tell DJ how to carry it out? I don't know. Did DJ kill Brendan? I also don't know, and that is the doubt here.

Someone did do this. The child had clean socks - they have definitely proven it was a homicide. But they have not proven who did it IMO.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/05/17/creato-trial-closing-arguments/
https://patch.com/new-jersey/haddon/both-sides-rest-david-creato-murder-trial
http://www.phillyvoice.com/creato-t...sages-exchanged-between-defendant-girlfriend/

I'd like to arrest DJ just for the fact that he blocked his door shut to 'protect' himself from his 3 yr old wanting to come climb into his big comfy bed at night. Poor baby alone and cold on the living room couch. God forbid he wants to go cuddle with his daddy...

AND....Julie said: From Julie: and if you don't delete the naked photos and video's you have of me, I'll make your life a living hell, so you better permanently delete them too.julie.jpg

Hi Roselvr! It is the defense that keeps asking about DNA. The defense was asking I believe about DNA on the body and clothing of Brendan. Someone else might chime in if I am wrong.

bbm your statement I totally agree!

Thanks. I must have missed them asking for touch DNA. Good idea; maybe they should have gotten it with Julie so hateful over Brendan

I'd like to arrest DJ just for the fact that he blocked his door shut to 'protect' himself from his 3 yr old wanting to come climb into his big comfy bed at night. Poor baby alone and cold on the living room couch. God forbid he wants to go cuddle with his daddy...

I know that makes my heart hurt - he was the center of his life yet he couldn't sleep with him at night?!

Hate to be a naysayer here but in my option, DJ kept Brendan from the bedroom so he could sext with Julie. Right wrong or indifferent, I think he loved this little boy. Blast me if you choose but I do not believe DJ would intentionally hurt his son. Something else happened. Don't know what but a baby is dead.

I think its possible it was Julie. She had the means, motive and opportunity. She hated that little boy and wanted him out of their lives. She is a cold and calculating woman who controlled Creato. He had no backbone, he should have told her to take a hike as soon as she started making comments about his son. I have no idea why she wasn't investigated properly. Just because she signed into her building doesn't mean she stayed there all night.

Day 8, second opinion from Dr. Falzon on autopsy confirms Brendan was smothered and had evidence of seizing (there were wounds inside his mouth indicating he bit his tongue and cheeks pressed against his teeth.

Next are the text messages between DJ and Julie.

The text messages in summary give us a picture of DJ and Julie having a fast and hard falling for each other in June, doing mushrooms in the woods, talking about running away together, then Julie saying she would get an abortion if she got pregnant because she is not ready for kids already in July.

By July 30th Julie is already talking about other guys to DJ, including guys she has slept with and STDs she might have gotten from them. (ugh she is such a disgusting <modsnip>). When he starts to get upset, she turns this around on him by making him defend seeing Sam, the mother of his child. They fight.

"I care about you so ****ing much I would do anything."

By August she is already complaining about Brendan being there and continues mentally abusing and manipulating him for several weeks up to the end, constantly trapping him in guilt and obligation.

Julie makes it clear over and over again how much she detests Sam and Brendan. The last month of their relationship is rife with mistrust and jealousy on both sides and Julie is already pressing him on getting a lawyer or cutting off contact with Sam.

"ditch on him or ditch on you, is what I'm getting."
"look, do what you think is right, do what your mind tells you to do."
Ï want to be with you but I will never ditch out on his life."
"you can't have both."
"yes you could both be in my life, but you cant make me choose"
"If and when it comes time to make a decision...what would you choose?"
" I can be with you and still have him in my life, it is you that refuses"
"So i'm number 2 priority, don't try to spin it any other way..."
"You can both be in my life, what the **** is wrong with you? Why do you make it out that way? Your perception is so twisted...He is my son, he is my life"

She continues to hound him with scenarios leading to him choosing to get rid of Brendan and put her first. He is steadfast in saying he loves Brendan and will not put her above him.

By mid-September, there is more and more guilt and pressure. He even tells her to stop and that it gives him anxiety, but she loads it on even more.

He talks about a new job he is getting. Rather than being supportive, she goes on about how it will conflict with their schedules etc and he says he would be willing to lose the job for her. Anytime he is talking about things happening in his life, or if he stands up to her, she turns the conversation to her negative outlook, feelings, doomsaying or outright blaming him for her suffering or making her suffering more than his.

This entire segment is extremely hard to listen to because she is so unbelievably toxic. She threatens to leave him for telling her she was acting like a *****, always directs the conversation to herself, and 180s on him often, is rude and insulting to Brendan ("I don't want to see your kid"), blames him and mires him in guilt. Only a few days after this fight, they are talking about getting married. The next night, she is breaking up with him. It is truly sick. He even calls her out and says she is unstable.

By October, she is making her schedule as incompatible with his as possible, and telling him they probably won't see each other till next year. During this conversation, she uses Brendan as leverage for why she should be busy every other weekend. DJ tells her they can see each other every weekend, he can get babysitters or put him to bed at his parents, she turns the conversation to making him defend himself over talking to Sam or having Sam's phone number in his phone. I mean, no wonder he is paranoid and worried about her cheating on him when she is threatening him and putting him through emotional blackmail at every single opportunity.

"I don't want to spend my precious time with your kid. I don't like him."

She lays out most of the same stuff in the Tumblr post on him here. He says, "why don't you like him, why don't you want to be a family with me? Can we stop talking like this and talk nicely please?"

" I want you to not have a kid in your life."

October is just one long breakup over 2 weeks with Julie laying it on as thick as ever.

I am sincerely so sorry that he lacked enough self esteem not to see through her and realize he and Brendan deserved so much more.

If DJ really did do this, I would allow him a temporary insanity plea. He was not in his right mind. Anyone here who has been in a toxic relationship or in the throes of the honeymoon phase of a young relationship knows how crazy it makes you.

Finally, what IMO is a key text from Julie "Do you really need me to tell you I love you when I would drive 45 minutes on the highway and back to see you for only 4 hours?"

I didn't post my really long notes about Julie's testimony - if anyone needs them let me know. The MSM article sums it up, but basically her responses were "according to the transcript." She would not answer anything based on her own memory other than select details, and tried to avoid wherever possible until the judge ordered her to testify. She also lied and then misquoted what she thought was in the report once she was in front of the jury, showing she had no interest in testifying to the actual truth.

Court is in recess until next week. The texts from Oct 12 will be presented via an expert.

Thanks so much for your posts! There is doubt in my mind whether it was him or her; I wonder if there are any toll ways she would have had to take.

Even though I have doubt; I feel he most likely killed Brendan during one of her mind effing communications from her or after stalking her profiles. He may have even blacked out as I've been in a similar relationship that really messes with your mind; especially at his age where he's probably not matured yet.

I feel she should be charged too with contributing

Yeah the only way I can imagine him doing this is in a fit of blind rage, like he suddenly focused all of his frustration and blame onto Brendan and smothered him, but it still feels like something is missing.

Hate to be a naysayer here but in my option, DJ kept Brendan from the bedroom so he could sext with Julie. Right wrong or indifferent, I think he loved this little boy. Blast me if you choose but I do not believe DJ would intentionally hurt his son. Something else happened. Don't know what but a baby is dead.

I think that could totally be right and I agree with you that there are missing pieces.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back