Identified! NJ - Knowlton, 'Tiger Lady', WhtFem 17-19, UP1593, tiger tatt on calf, Oct'91 - Wendy Louise Baker

I have been looking through NAMPN and will continue to do so- so far there are 2 missing MPs from 1990 that have struck me as being very strong possibles: Victoria Owczynsky missing 1990 from MN. Her link is here:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/owczynsky_victoria.html
Reading the details surrounding Victoria's disappearance as listed on NAMPN , she would have had every reason in the world to disappear and color her hair. "When last seen her hair was highlighted". Her height is listed as 5 ft, very close to Tigerlady's 61 inches.

This is the 2nd MP Lillian Estrada, age 16, missing from San Diego County, CA in Sept. 1990 61 inches, brown eyes
http://www.nampn.org/cases/estrada_lillian.html
Lillian has her hair partially pulled back in her picture, I am looking at her face shape as compared to "Dark Hair Tigerlady Recon".

I do not know how to do side by side screen shots of Tigerlady recons and Victoria and Lillian. Anyone who does, feel free. Opinions?

One More: Height for this Canadian MP is way off, but Canada to NJ is doable in 1.5 years Charlene Catholique missing July 1990 http://www.nampn.org/cases/catholique_charlene.html

Here's Lillian Estrada with Tiger Lady. I like the looks of this one. She looks like the kind of young woman who would get a tiger tattoo.

Attachments

• lillian estrada with tigerlady.png
    lillian estrada with tigerlady.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 177
I have been looking through NAMPN and will continue to do so- so far there are 2 missing MPs from 1990 that have struck me as being very strong possibles: Victoria Owczynsky missing 1990 from MN. Her link is here:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/owczynsky_victoria.html
Reading the details surrounding Victoria's disappearance as listed on NAMPN , she would have had every reason in the world to disappear and color her hair. "When last seen her hair was highlighted". Her height is listed as 5 ft, very close to Tigerlady's 61 inches.

She is suspected killed by a friends father. Article says parents gave DNA; I'm not sure if she's in NamUs as I'm mobile; NamUs won't display results for me; not even my case tracking

http://m.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/184418691.html

That tattoo is so fresh, I am betting she did not have it when she went missing. Found a couple of MPs with tiger tattoos on shoulder or back-they are obviously not TL. I will be continuing to look thru NAMPN this weekend for more possibles. Is I-80 close to the Canadian border?- I am not familiar with the East Coast at all. Now that I see the side by side's, I think Lillian resembles TL more than Victoria does. IIRC correctly, large cities, not small towns, tended to have tattoo parlors in the early 90's. The parlors weren't everywhere like they are now.

80 runs through northern NJ from PA to Fort Lee. She is right before the PA border (which has a toll booth on 80 going over the Delaware River) about an hour west on NYC. There were plenty of tattoo shops along the 80 corridor back then.

That tattoo is so fresh, I am betting she did not have it when she went missing. Found a couple of MPs with tiger tattoos on shoulder or back-they are obviously not TL. I will be continuing to look thru NAMPN this weekend for more possibles. Is I-80 close to the Canadian border?- I am not familiar with the East Coast at all. Now that I see the side by side's, I think Lillian resembles TL more than Victoria does. IIRC correctly, large cities, not small towns, tended to have tattoo parlors in the early 90's. The parlors weren't everywhere like they are now.

I'm going to put together an email later to get confirmation of the tattoo as well as other things. I do not think that is an actual pic of her tattoo but drawn with markers. Remember I asked my friend if it looked real? She said no.

There are tattoo's that are on sheets in a tattoo parlor; tons of tigers, panthers, birds, flowers, skulls. The Bengal tiger is straight off of the sheet. Very common tattoo. I personally do not get those; mine are all custom.

The tattoo looks real standard to me except the loop in the tail. I've looked before and I never find flash art with a loop in the tail. Probably that means nothing but..........

Ahhh, I usually looked at Tattoo Johnny and sites like that. Bummer, I was kind of hoping it was a bit unusual but if it was unusual it probably would have been more of a clue back then.

I'm working on an email to her case worker because I do not see the one that I thought I sent asking for clarification on the tattoo "photo". I notice that the image now says "Color drawing of tattoo on lateral portion of left calf" so I am assuming it is a drawing; not her actual tattoo. I am still going to ask but do not recall seeing that there the last time I looked. Does anyone else remember that being there before?

Ahhh, I usually looked at Tattoo Johnny and sites like that. Bummer, I was kind of hoping it was a bit unusual but if it was unusual it probably would have been more of a clue back then.

I've been in a lot of tattoo shops back then. I also used to get Easy Rider & Tattoo magazine. Her tattoo always screamed "typical tattoo shop wall art" lol

Attachments

• u525171945_tattoo02_1l.jpg
    u525171945_tattoo02_1l.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 51
  • TigerLadyRecons8062014.jpg
    TigerLadyRecons8062014.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 30
From my email to her case worker and to the NJ State Police

Tattoo - on NamUs; the image titled "Black and white drawing of tattoo on lateral portion of left calf" is corrupt. Attached is the same image from the NJSP entry. The article below says the tiger tattoo was 7".

Image titled "Color drawing of tattoo on lateral portion of left calf" I assume is just that, a drawing? I ask because each site has different information as to how long she was deceased. There is an article online (link below) that says her face was so badly deteriorated; which leads me to wonder if her face was more decomposed then the rest of her body like someone threw chemicals on it to hide her looks.

NamUs & Doe Net - Body conditions Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction - Estimated postmortem interval Days
NJSP web site says "early October 1991"

Hair - NamUs says brown while NJSP & Doe net say Light brown to dirty blonde (may have been bleached or dyed). 2 new recons were recently added to NamUs showing both hair colors

Eyes - NamUs & Doe net says brown; NJSP says unknown

Location - discovered in a wooded area off of Route 94, Knowlton Township, Warren County, NJ. This area is at an exit off Interstate 80 near the Delaware Water Gap.

NamUs UP 1593
Tiger Lady on NJ state police
Doe Net

Tattoo and Sketch Only Clues to an Identity - April 19, 1993

Attachments

• u525171945_tattoo01_1l.jpg
    u525171945_tattoo01_1l.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 484
I'm working on an email to her case worker because I do not see the one that I thought I sent asking for clarification on the tattoo "photo". I notice that the image now says "Color drawing of tattoo on lateral portion of left calf" so I am assuming it is a drawing; not her actual tattoo. I am still going to ask but do not recall seeing that there the last time I looked. Does anyone else remember that being there before?

I've been in a lot of tattoo shops back then. I also used to get Easy Rider & Tattoo magazine. Her tattoo always screamed "typical tattoo shop wall art" lol

I do not remember that part about "color drawing" being there either. With all the renewed attention TL is getting, hopefully someone will be able to identify her. Could she have been an animal caretaker with a traveling circus?

The reason the tattoo looks so fake is because they poorly photo-edited the skin around it to hide the amount of decomp. She doesn't have a lot of orange in the tiger tattoo and if you look really closely at what looks purple, that's her skin.

In fact, looking super closely at it, I'm willing to bet that the tattoo was just black ink. The colouring just looks like lividity patterns, you can even see where she has a tiny bit of stubble between the strips in the tiger.

I wish they hadn't tried to edit her skin, or at the very least they could have gone back now that we have things like photoshop and done a better job at making the tattoo look more like how it would have looked like on living flesh

What about Marjorie Knox? The distance is really far, but what struck me most about tiger lady is the fullness of her lips. And Marjorie has that same fullness. She went missing from a party after leaving with a male. I wish we knew more about that guy. But what also stood out to me is she is biracial, specifically it says "white and Asian, of Thai decent". I imagine, like in a lot of Asian cultures, tigers are very symbolic.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6270/30/

This is a reconstruction of badly decomposed remains. We probably don't know how full Tiger Lady's lips are.

Oh I guess I jumped to the conclusion they had an idea since it was listed as only days found after death, I didn't realize she was that badly decomposed they wouldn't have had an idea.

Eta: she does fit the rest of the demographics. The distance is very far though.

Eta#2: I read more about her that wasn't listed on namus and it seems the likely culprit in her disappearance was apprehended although not in regards to her disappearance.

Cassandra Lalonde Jefferson County, Louisiana
15 year old white female
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
Pierced ears
Height (inches) 63.0
Weight (pounds) 130.0
Date last seen - April 01, 1988 00:00
Date entered (in NAMUS) 06/26/2014
No DNA, dentals or fingerprints in NAMUS.

Big scar on one of her legs either on/near/above the knee. The scar was caused by something sharp underwater, lake or bayou, went to an ER for stitches by foster parents
- I'm wondering if the tattoo could be a cover up of the scar.

According to a cousin who has a FB page for her she was last seen on the back of a motorcycle going from Louisiana to Alabama.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25127/2/

casandralalonde.jpeg

Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member